Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,858 members, 7,906,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:37 AM

Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software (10032 Views)

Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2011
Hey you guys should check out my new church presentation software. It's FREE and you won't be dissappointed with the feature list. Just returning my skills to God's service.
If you use a projection system in your church give it a shot and post back here to give comments.

http://www.bufflogic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=64
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2011
I will soon be making this open-source.
EpicWorship was built with JavaFX2.0, so you Java developers on here can join up later and get yourselves some open-source experience.

I'll be sure to update the thread when that happens.
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by kodewrita(m): 9:15am On Mar 11, 2012
Any progress?
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
Progress on what specifically?
Open-source? still have a few things to sort out as per license, but EpicWorship is functional as it is.

****Upcoming features on next release:

- MP4 and AVI support for Video Background, no longer just VP6-encoded flv.
- MAC SUPPORT!!!! cheesy
- In-built video player:
+ Previously utilized a packaged mini-version of VLC player before to play videos to support multiple formats. This won't be needed any longer.
+ This also means smoother transitions to and from video (as we have with video backgrounds right now). e.g video fade-ins smiley
- Programmable video launcher that projects a given video at a specified time of the day.
+ Useful for church-start countdowns. Start your services in Style grin
- Various bug fixes

****Tentative features upon next Release:
- Refining of internal web-browser capabilities to aid with projecting HTML5 content e.g youtube or vimeo embeded videos, HTML5 power-pointish presentation for sermon, etc.

1 Like

Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by kodewrita(m): 6:43am On Mar 14, 2012
Just wanted to know how far its gone.

In case you need more hands, it won't be a bad idea to host it on github and post the link here for other people to assist in the coding.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2012
Will do so very soon. Possibly on code.google.com.
I'm more familiar with SVN.

I'm excited about the next release smiley

1 Like

Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 21, 2012
Alright. The next Beta release will be posted online within the next 24 hrs from time of writing this post.

This will include also include Mac support!! cheesy

There are two crucial requirements to this new [b]BETA [/b]release though, and that is:

- that you have Java updated to version 6u31 AND;
- that you download & install JavaFX 2.1 (not 2.0.1 smiley )
JavaFX 2.1 is currently a developer preview only, but you can sure use it and start using EpicWorship live beta right away!
Mac Users: Just go ahead and download the JavaFX2.1 SDK as they haven't put a runtime on there just yet.

I updated the EpicWorship page on our site with links to do these.

let me know if you have any questions getting this to run.
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 21, 2012
Good News! EpicWorship is now Open source under the GPL v3 license. cheesy

http://code.google.com/p/epicworship

Project built in Netbeans 7.1.1 and requires at least jdk 6u31 and the JavaFX2.1 developer preview.
I'm Currently uploading project files to Google Projects. Should be done within the next 24 hrs of this post.
Grab yourself an SVN client afterwards and check it out.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2012
- Beta release posted
- EpicWorship Sourcecode uploaded to Google Projects. See link in above post.

Have fun smiley
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
Remember, EpicWorship is now Open Source.

If you've been blessed with the skills to code in Java, Come help improve it!

Here's what you need to be a part of this:
http://code.google.com/p/epicworship/wiki/Developers

1 Like

Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2012
And yet another new Release. (v1.0.1.5)
This major release includes a brand New UI!
You can now resize the director to fit your screen and everything will stretch accordingly.

This release also includes some fixes and some centralized storage changes to ensure that you will always see your data no matter where in your computer you run EpicWorship from.

Read more here:
[url]http://code.google.com/p/epicworship/downloads/detail?name=EpicWorship%20v1.0.1.5.zip[/url]

Remember that you need to have at least JavaFX 2.1+ installed on your machine from here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javafx/downloads/devpreview-1429449.html

Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 13, 2013
Anyone from NL tried EpicWorship yet?
A lot of folks around the world have been using it and are happy with it.
Holla if anyone here uses it.
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
any reason it's 92 Megabyte?

1 Like

Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by WhiZTiM(m): 8:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
2buff: Anyone from NL tried EpicWorship yet?
A lot of folks around the world have been using it and are happy with it.
Holla if anyone here uses it.
I am just getting to know of this software... I will try and download it soonest. Actually, a presentation software in C++ is in my todo list.
But as webdezzi said, why the heck is it 92MB? Bundled several user stuff??
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
Why are you guys complaining over 92MB?
Yes there are video backgrounds and images bundled in with it as well.

I know the default impression for open source software made by 1 guy is that it would be mediocre and so shouldn't be as large, but that is far from the truth in this case.
I know other expensive tools to be bigger than this, and by the opinion of many, this is better than much of them in terms of design and aesthetics.

But no worries, I'll try to shrink things down on next post 1.0.3 release.

1 Like

Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by lordZOUGA(m): 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2013
really..? dude? a software for the church? that killed it for me.
you could make a lite version that only has the bare-bones of the software (without the video and other resources)
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by WhiZTiM(m): 1:17am On Jan 16, 2013
@2buff!
+The one man army! I salute you General...+

well, not kidding, I know its totally very hectic to be the only developer of a software that isn't really bringing food to your table.

Nope not everyone has that mindset about open source software... @least not me.
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 16, 2013
Aight sorry about that. I didn't know bandwidth to download 92MB was a problem (in naija tongue ... haven't been there in a while).
Can't say when, but on next release I will shave off some bundled content, or at least create a lite version.

In the mean time though, if you are truly certain that it is just 92megs that will stop you from checking it out, na ein be say una no serious before chairmen. grin
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by WhiZTiM(m): 1:21am On Jan 16, 2013
lordZOUGA: really..? dude? a software for the church? that killed it for me.
you could make a lite version that only has the bare-bones of the software (without the video and other resources)
--church? killed it??... -Ouchh! too bad it did.
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 16, 2013
WhiZTiM: @2buff!
+The one man army! I salute you General...+

well, not kidding, I know its totally very hectic to be the only developer of a software that isn't really bringing food to your table.

Nope not everyone has that mindset about open source software... @least not me.

Oga thanks O. Much appreciated. smiley

1 Like

Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 16, 2013
i just told you why i have not downloaded it, same reasons your target users wont.
I have packaged softwares and the max i ever had is 15MB

Btw, the interface rocks.
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by lordZOUGA(m): 5:51am On Jan 16, 2013
WhiZTiM:
--church? killed it??... -Ouchh! too bad it did.
yeah.. I have an intense mistrust of the church..
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by mbritch: 1:52am On Apr 16, 2013
it would be awesome if on the next update you can put a blackout button on the control page of the (live tab). the software if great. comparable to some of the expensive programs.
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
mbritch: it would be awesome if on the next update you can put a blackout button on the control page of the (live tab). the software if great. comparable to some of the expensive programs.
Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while.
I'm glad to let you know that this was included a while back. Check out the latest version.
Re: Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
I'm happy to let you know what Epicworship is now a GitHub project!
If you are a developer, you too can play an active role in the evolution of this cool, visually-expressive presentation application

https://github.com/esific/epicworship

(1) (Reply)

Trivia Coding Questions (euler Project) / Create A Nested Lists Of Categories In Laravel 5 / Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.