Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,703 members, 7,951,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: (794 Views)

Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse / Pls Am Really Confused About This Bible Passage / What Bible Passages Keep You Going And Strong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: by chicago10: 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2011
Acts 9 vs 7 and the men which journeyed with stood speechless, hearing a voice , but seeing no man.
Acts 22 vs 9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
Thank u sirs/ mas
Re: Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: by chicago10: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2011
To be more expounding, the inquiry is in regards to the scriptural correlation
Re: Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: by LagosShia: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2011
an outright contradiction which goes to challenge the words of Paul and his truthfulness or a contradiction that simply exposes the lies of Paul.there is no clarification whatsoever or beating around the bush.the obvious is the truth.
Re: Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: by chicago10: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2011
I'd appreciate my beloved brothers in christ with deep usnderstanding and insight educate me, I personally felt it should be disregarded since I do not want to grieve the holy spirit.
Re: Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: by Daiquiri: 12:00am On Dec 01, 2011
chicago10:

Acts 9 vs 7  and the men which journeyed with stood speechless, hearing a voice , but seeing no man.

Acts 22 vs 9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.

Thank u sirs/ mas

chicago10:

I'd appreciate my beloved brothers in christ with deep usnderstanding and insight educate me,

I personally felt it should be disregarded  since I do not want to grieve the holy spirit.

LagosShia:

an outright contradiction which goes to challenge the words of Paul and his truthfulness

or a contradiction that simply exposes the lies of Paul.

there is no clarification whatsoever or beating around the bush.the obvious is the truth.

@chicago10

. . . always come to the throne of grace with boldness, approach God with freedom and confidence

LagosShia, SMH  smiley

Hearing and heard

There is no contradiction . . .

Here is an illustration:

I stood among others in the stadium hearing you talk but heard you not

The above sentence means the below

I stood among others in the stadium, though am hearing your voice, I just couldnt understand what you were saying

You hear me  smiley

Rappers, Djays etc as a matter of fact, even use it when they say "You heard!"
Re: Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: by chicago10: 12:13am On Dec 01, 2011
@daquiri
U ve proven that the God I serve is immortal, unquestionable, and truely sovereign, ur magnificence father is from everlasting to everlasting,
Re: Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: by chicago10: 12:43am On Dec 01, 2011
Very deep saying indeed. Abba father your word is simply infallible
Re: Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: by HISchild: 7:27am On Dec 01, 2011
To humbly follow up, daquiri's post is illustrated by this verse, among many others like it:

"And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them." - Mar 4:11-12

Only GOD can open one's spiritual eyes, ears and heart to see, hear and understand HIS words.
----
"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." - Psa 12:6

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” - 2 Tim 3:16-17
Re: Pls Help Clarify This Bible Passages: by Joagbaje(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2011
@ OP
There is no contradiction. They heard the voice but they didn't hear his words . They only heard sound. It was just like the time God spoke to Jesus people heard the sound but couldn't decode what the sound was. Some said it was a thunderstorm

John 12:28-29
28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. 29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Woman Killed In Nigeria’s Kaduna State / Christian Polygamist Sect Leader In American Jail Pressured To Impose Change / The Fruit Of The Spirit Is Self-Control.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.