Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,224 members, 7,964,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:54 AM

Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. (3392 Views)

Odumegwu Ojukwu & Bianca's Traditional Wedding (Throwback Photos) / Captain Francis Osakwe Ferried Odumegwu Ojukwu To Safety (Photo) / General Gowon Sitting And Eating On The Floor In Benin In 1967 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by raumdeuter: 1:45pm On Jul 09
Coldie:

Lagos at then was not part of the western region, naturally Lagos had to get its own administrator. Ojukwu showed he had no igbo agenda here cause obviously the administrator of Lagos would still be a Yoruba man. If ojukwu wanted to invade Lagos he could hv sent ifeajuna or another igbo man to march towards Lagos with the Biafra army, but he sent one of their own, as he believes that person would do what’s best. And would easily carry the interest of their people at heart. What then did Ojukwu do wrong?

He said him and victor banjo must meet, if he was calling victor banjo to the east and saying he must meet with him at Enugu, u would think he wants to negotiate at a location and position of power. Ojukwu is a person who like such meetings to be held on neutral grounds. This was proven at aburi where it held in Ghana.

In this meeting, won’t the duration of the Biafran army on the west be discussed, or did they come to stay permanently? People who come to an area to stay permanently are an occupation force and ojukwu just proved he wasn’t.

Ojukwu proved himself fair, it would do history a big disservice if an igbo man tried to come up with a name for a Yoruba country, he asked him to come up with a name for the country.

Ojukwu also showed how fair he was in this when despite igbo being the majority tribe in the eastern region the person who came up with the name Biafra was someone from a minority tribe.

Tell me where I lied or where the igbo agenda was in any of this?

When Ojuku conquered the midwest, who did he appoint as the administrator of the midwest?

8 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Caleb15(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09
raumdeuter:

When Ojuku conquered the midwest, who did he appoint as the administrator of the midwest?

David Ejoor
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by raumdeuter: 1:52pm On Jul 09
Caleb15:

David Ejoor

No.

Major Albert Nwanzu Okonkwo

8 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by 1Alex: 1:54pm On Jul 09
[quote author=confusedlady post=130866705]Please pay attention to the following copied conditions and conclude if this was not an Ibo agenda to subjugate and control Western Nigeria and Lagos.....

(iv) [b]Biafran troops will, after the liberation of the Yorubaland, remain in that territory only for as long as we in Biafra consider it necessary for the Yorubas to consolidate their position and sovereignty against any external threat.

(v) On the liberation of the Yorubaland, you will be appointed as the Military Governor of that territory.

(vi) The liberation of Western Nigeria will be a prelude to the liberation of all Yorubas up to the River Niger and the severance of all connections between the West and the North at Jebba.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

(ix) As soon as possible after your appointment as the Military Governor of Western Nigeria and separation of that territory from Nigeria, you and I must meet to discuss:
(a) the duration of stay of Biafran troops in your territory;

(b) the areas and subjects of cooperation between the liberated sovereign states of Western Nigeria, or by what name it may call itself, and Biafra.

And what does the bolded mean to you? Even when you removed some parts of it to make it support your narrative.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by raumdeuter: 1:55pm On Jul 09
confusedlady:
I have always wondered about the intentions of Odumegwu Ojukwu in sending Victor Banjo to invade Ore in today's Ondo state enroute invading Lagos.
You may like to read the above letter and judge for yourselves how altruistic were the aims of Odumegwu Ojukwu and his Biafran forces he placed under Banjo's command.

Similar fate was meted to the midwest during the Biafra invasion of the midwest

Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night "suspected saboteurs" were fished out of their homes and arrested. The Hausa community in the Lagos street area of Benin and other parts of the state were targeted for particularly savage treatment, in part a reprisal for the pogroms of 1966, but also out of security concerns that they would naturally harbor sympathies for the regime in Lagos. But non-Hausas were just as badly treated. And as the hostility of the local population became more intense, so did the degree of indiscrete brutality for "internal security". Non-Ibo alumni of St. Patrick's College, Asaba and Government College, Ughelli, found to their chagrin that old school ties meant nothing in the new dispensation (17).

https://www.dawodu.net/articles/the-midwest-invasion-of-1967-lessons-for-todays-geopolitics-1138

5 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by DMerciful(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09
Read the letter again without bias. Read to understand
seanfer:
Using a Westerner to conquer the SW and trying to install a government in a territory that is not yours, this has been their agenda from the days of Azikiwe who wanted to become the Western Premier....
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by LifestyleTonite: 3:08pm On Jul 09
DMerciful:
Read the letter again without bias. Read to understand

When did the Western region write a letter to Ojukwu seeking his help? When did they ever cry to his hearing that they needed liberation? You mean the same Western region that was holding Owambe parties was seeking help from a Biafra that was starving and getting bombed to pieces by Nigeria?

Since no one asked for Ojukwu's help, it is safe to say he had subjugation tendencies when he invaded Ore.

The fact that he told Banjo to meet him after Western region invasion was enough red flag. Clearly, Banjo would have been assassinated at such a meeting by the same Ojukwu who didn't hesitate to kill him when he saw that Banjo refused to wage war on his own region.

Igbo are always clever by half. They dislike Yoruba people because the scam they successfully run on others is usually and easily detected by the Yoruba people.

Only an Igbo man will see Ojukwu's letter and not smell shadiness.

11 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Intrepid01(m): 3:17pm On Jul 09
Coldie:
(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

(ix) As soon as possible after your appointment as the Military Governor of Western Nigeria and separation of that territory from Nigeria, you and I must meet to discuss:

(b) the areas and subjects of cooperation between the liberated sovereign states of Western Nigeria, or by what name it may call itself, and Biafra.

Lagos at then was not part of the western region, naturally Lagos had to get its own administrator. Ojukwu showed he had no igbo agenda here cause obviously the administrator of Lagos would still be a Yoruba man. If ojukwu wanted to invade Lagos he could hv sent ifeajuna or another igbo man to march towards Lagos with the Biafra army, but he sent one of their own, as he believes that person would do what’s best. And would easily carry the interest of their people at heart. What then did Ojukwu do wrong?

He said him and victor banjo must meet, if he was calling victor banjo to the east and saying he must meet with him at Enugu, u would think he wants to negotiate at a location and position of power. Ojukwu is a person who like such meetings to be held on neutral grounds. This was proven at aburi where it held in Ghana.

In this meeting, won’t the duration of the Biafran army on the west be discussed, or did they come to stay permanently? People who come to an area to stay permanently are an occupation force and ojukwu just proved he wasn’t.

Ojukwu proved himself fair, it would do history a big disservice if an igbo man tried to come up with a name for a Yoruba country, he asked him to come up with a name for the country.

Ojukwu also showed how fair he was in this when despite igbo being the majority tribe in the eastern region the person who came up with the name Biafra was someone from a minority tribe.

Tell me where I lied or where the igbo agenda was in any of this?

I have read your responses up to this point, you are giving excuses rather than the required assessment. Those people engaging you did not ask you to defend Ojukwu like you are doing but to assess those funny statements he included in the letter.

An assessment is different from a justification, an assessment must be objective, free of emotions and rational. Flip it around, and imagine if that letter was from Awolowo to Ojukwu, will your assessment be the same?

Like every ambitious soldier, Ojukwu took his whole tribe to a war they weren’t prepared for and got many killed. The only grouse I have with him is he behaved like a coward at the end, real Soldiers don’t run from battle, they’ll rather die even in the face of defeat than live as a coward. But Ojukwu ran like a simp, living ordinary Igbos to die in the hands of angry soldiers who did t see the need for the war in the first place. Lastly, Igbos should always remember that FGN didn’t declare war on SE but rather Ojukwu declared war and attacked Nigeria first.

10 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Brenbentondiaz: 3:33pm On Jul 09
Reading through this letter actually puts into perspective how an average igborilla operates. The unintelligent lies, delusion and gaslighting that filled that letter really shows that igborillas have not evolved one bit since the 20th century. Lolz.

4 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by DMerciful(m): 3:34pm On Jul 09
Why did Awolowo, who said if Igbos are forced out of Nigeria, they too would leave, did not leave?
LifestyleTonite:

When did the Western region write a letter to Ojukwu seeking his help? When did they ever cry to his hearing that they needed liberation? You mean the same Western region that was holding Owambe parties was seeking help from a Biafra that was starving and getting bombed to pieces by Nigeria?

Since no one asked for Ojukwu's help, it is safe to say he had subjugation tendencies when he invaded Ore.

The fact that he told Banjo to meet him after Western region invasion was enough red flag. Clearly, Banjo would have been assassinated at such a meeting by the same Ojukwu who didn't hesitate to kill him when he saw that Banjo refused to wage war on his own region.

Igbo are always clever by half. They dislike Yoruba people because the scam they successfully run on others is usually and easily detected by the Yoruba people.

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by raskymonojendor: 3:35pm On Jul 09
tommy589:
As a Lagos boy that speaks Yoruba fluently, Ojukwu planned to help Yoruba in displacing Hausa-Fulani troops from Yorubaland grin
😂😂😂 Oju-iku wey dey mad.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by raskymonojendor: 3:36pm On Jul 09
BentizilL0:
That letter is rubbish and disrespectful.. What's Ojukwu business with Western region or Midwest?.

Is Ojukwu trying to say his Eastern region has eyes and other regions are blind and cannot make decision themselves?.
He appointed an Ibo man over Midwest. That was the first issue oju-iku and banjo had. Banjo wanted a Midwestern (deltan or Edo) to be appointed, but Oju-iku instead appointed his kinsman.

5 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Coldie(m): 3:42pm On Jul 09
Intrepid01:

I have read your responses up to this point, you are giving excuses rather than the required assessment. Those people engaging you did not ask you to defend Ojukwu like you are doing but to assess those funny statements he included in the letter.

An assessment is different from a justification, an assessment must be objective, free of emotions and rational. Flip it around, and imagine if that letter was from Awolowo to Ojukwu, will your assessment be the same?

Like every ambitious soldier, Ojukwu took his whole tribe to a war they weren’t prepared for and got many killed. The only grouse I have with him is he behaved like a coward at the end, real Soldiers don’t run from battle, they’ll rather die even in the face of defeat than live as a coward. But Ojukwu ran like a simp, living ordinary Igbos to die in the hands of angry soldiers who did t see the need for the war in the first place. Lastly, Igbos should always remember that FGN didn’t declare war on SE but rather Ojukwu declared war and attacked Nigeria first.
We are not accessing if ojukwu was right or not. We are accessing the letter, and I broke the letter piece by piece and asked what was wrong in the issues brought up by the letter.

I have broken it down piece by piece and added more context, but u people are just interpreting the parts u want and ignoring other sides.

What is the relationship between the letter and if ojukwu ran away? We only came here to talk about the letter,

If u want to talk about ojukwu actions at the end of the war, u can do that but I am here to talk strictly about this letter and if there’s any Igbo agenda on it
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Coldie(m): 3:48pm On Jul 09
raskymonojendor:

He appointed an Ibo man over Midwest. That was the first issue oju-iku and banjo had. Banjo wanted a Midwestern (deltan or Edo) to be appointed, but Oju-iku instead appointed his kinsman.
Can u prove this with fact. If a lie is spotted in anything you say it puts question mark on if u are not lying about other things too.

Tell us where you got this information that victor banjo had issues with ojukwu, because victor banjo wanted a midwestern to rule. I put it to you that you are lying.

BOLDLY.

Anybody can ask me how I know he is lying
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Coldie(m): 3:58pm On Jul 09
LifestyleTonite:

We talk facts, all you people have are assumptions, sentiments, if to say, maybe.

The contents of the letter is as clear as day, it’s the reason ojukwu took things in writing, so nobody can lie against him. If this letter that’s as clear as day, people are lying against him, imagine if he made a verbal agreement, maybe another person would have come out and say victor banjo told him that ojukwu said then look for one false igbo agenda thing to attach to it.

Someone told me in my thread that ifeajuna was the person who brought victor banjo into the coup, both ifeajuna and victor banjo were executed for treason.

You have absolutely no way to guage or to prove that he would have assassinated victor banjo if victor banjo kept to his end of his agreement, ur point is y is ojukwu asking him and victor banjo to meet at the end.

Give us one single instance in history where ojukwu made an agreement with absolutely anyone and reneged or try to play smart.

If you can give me just one, I would say you win, but I can give u many instances where ojukwu trusted others and it was them that played him.

Let’s go
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Chivisee: 4:04pm On Jul 09
Asin an ibo soldier wanted a yoruba man to invade yoruba region because of his selfish interest to retrievce the power to control niger delta-oil??/it can only come from our sub human tribe!! angry angry angry angryi mean somebody should explained what ojukus intention was?? No wonder the iboes envy the great yorubas, the scam they easily fool the minority people from their side was brutally rejected and destroyed by the yorubas. i am beginning to see the origin of the enviness!

4 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Coldie(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09
LifestyleTonite:

From what I see in this letter and the outcome of the letter, I can tell you that if we were to dig deeper and we had all the facts at hand, you would not be surprised to discover that victor banjo might have been the one who gave ojukwu the idea on marching west.

His intentions on the idea wasn’t to just march west but a ploy to flee back to his western region, but things didn’t go as planned.

I might be wrong, but people on this thread say alot about how banjo Yorubas don’t fall for igbo cleverness, y then did banjo march west?

And later it was discovered that him and ifeajuna was in secret negotiations with the Nigerian government before their execution.

The only people who always renegade on their promises wasn’t the Biafran side, this is a fact.

Y then did the people who victor banjo and ifeajuna was negotiating with secretly renegade on him.

The answer is simple: they had no intentions of letting go Emmanuel ifeajuna and victor banjo for absolutely any reason, after their involvement in the January 1966 coup.

I know ur mind is already made up to beleive what you want, but truth is truth.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Coldie(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09
Chivisee:
Asin an ibo soldiers wanted a yoruba man to invade yoruba region because of his selfish interest to retrievce the power to control niger delta-oil??/it can only come from our sub human tribe!! angry angry angry angryi mean somebody should explained what ojukus intention was?? No wonder the iboes envy the great yorubas, the scam they easily fool the minority people from their side was brutally rejected and destroyed by the yorubas. i am beginning to see the origin of the enviness!
Ur own u no need explanation, na mugu u be
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Coldie(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09
[quote author=1Alex post=130870631][/quote]

Tell us how this here is an igbo agenda:

(b) the areas and subjects of cooperation between the liberated sovereign states of Western Nigeria, or by what name it may call itself, and Biafra.”

Convince us
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Fighttillvictory: 4:10pm On Jul 09
OkoYibo:

Facing Lagos was the greatest undoing of the Biafrans. It made the West turn against Biafra and that was the end of Biafra.

Well, while millions of Biafrans were getting themselves killed and dying of starvation, Lagos weekend Owambe parties were going on uninterrupted.

Biafrans have been historically proven to be senseless. This was just an example.
Owambe my black ass. When total cannibalism could have been your only sourse of food

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by NaMe4: 4:18pm On Jul 09
Caleb15:

David Ejoor

David Ejoor ( an Urhobo) was the Military Administrator of the Midwest and was never part of the Biafran army.

After the incursion by Biafran troops which occurred without a shot fired, unknown to Victor Banjo who led the Biafran troops into the MidWest, Ojukwu secretly ordered a certain Lt col Ochei to lead troops to open fire on the State House in Benin and capture David Ejoor dead or alive.

David Ejoor escaped.

It should be noted these events of incursion into the MidWest was during the beginning of the war when there was widespread empathy towards the Biafran side, hence the incursion into the MidWest was bloodless.
But the conduct of Ojukwu and his Biafran troops afterwards ultimately led to devastating outcome on the Biafran side.

The Midwest invasion lasted from 9th August to 20th September 1967 ( a month after the war started).

The Biafran war duration - 6th July 1967 to 15th January 1970.

5 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Coldie(m): 4:19pm On Jul 09
confusedlady:

You are right.
I put it to you confusedlady, give us reference and historical facts or how u got the information that victor banjo had issues with ojukwu cause of the situation at Midwest where according to you he appointed solely his kinsman into power. I can tell you this with confidence that the poster you quoted is lying.

I say this with confidence.

I hv read and read and read almost every single existing thing on earth that’s available about 1966 to 1970 and u can say this that you guys are the once lying on this thread.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Caleb15(m): 4:24pm On Jul 09
NaMe4:

David Ejoor ( an Urhobo) was the Military Administrator of the Midwest and was never part of the Biafran army.

After the incursion by Biafran troops which occurred without a shot fired, unknown to Victor Banjo who led the Biafran troops into the MidWest, Ojukwu secretly ordered a certain Lt col Ochei to lead troops to open fire on the State House in Benin and capture David Ejoor dead or alive.

David Ejoor escaped.

Thanks for the detailed analysis, more grease.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Coldie(m): 4:26pm On Jul 09
Igbofirstson:
if igbos are raiders yoruba land would have been igbo territory before the coming of Europeans
Before 1966 the east was the most peaceful region in Nigeria, in the north there was the tic crisis, in the west we had the western region crisis,

But there was absolutely no major crisis in the east for a long time until the events that lead after the 1966 coups. This is a fact, the igbo as a tribe are a peaceful people

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On Jul 09
Coldie:

I put it to you confusedlady, give us reference and historical facts or how u got the information that victor banjo had issues with ojukwu cause of the situation at Midwest where according to you he appointed solely his kinsman into power. I can tell you this with confidence that the poster you quoted is lying.

I say this with confidence.

I hv read and read and read almost every single existing thing on earth that’s available about 1966 to 1970 and u can say this that you guys are the once lying on this thread.

while Banjo and Ojukwu argued back and forth for three days about whom to appoint Governor/ Administrator of the Midwest. Ojukwu had apparently initially preferred Lt. Col. Nwawo as the governor (9). But Banjo, eager to avoid creating a restive non-Ibo population, independently and separately approached Lt. Col. David Ejoor (through the Catholic mission), Major Sam Ogbemudia (through an agent) and Lt. Col. Trimnell (a molato officer with ancestral links to Aboh division), in that order (9, 13, 14). The first two declined. Ojukwu turned down the latter, ultimately choosing Major Albert Nwazu Okonkwo, a Midwest Ibo medical officer

https://www.dawodu.net/articles/the-midwest-invasion-of-1967-lessons-for-todays-geopolitics-1138
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by anonymous1759(m): 4:30pm On Jul 09
Coldie:

The issue is, ojukwu could have told an igbo man to lead the army that marched towards the west, if that happened these people would say it’s an igbo agenda, ojukwu told a Yoruba man to march towards the west, it’s still an igbo agenda.

Ojukwu made many mistakes, but it’s obvious his intentions were not subjugation or annexation.

Confusedlady said I was beating around the bush, but her own interpretation of the letter is lopsided with selective judgements, you can’t say

Someone wants to annex a place when he made this statement:

In other words, our sovereignty and break with Nigeria is irrevocable. Nothing must, therefore be said or done by you or any member of the Liberation Army to give a contrary impression.

You can’t say he wants to subjugate a place when he also made this statement:

4. I do not need to remind you that Biafra regards all Yoruba as friends. As such everything should be done, to ensure the minimum force and loss of life are involved in achieving the objective of liberation.

This here was proven by the biafran forces who refused to utilise absolute force in entering the west. It is on record that the group that stopped the Biafra forces were made up of a few group of hunters.

If they used absolute force they could have torn through them easily. But that wasn’t what they were there for

It baffles me how your likes still finds a way to twist this revealing “letter”
Nevanly of Russia is what Banjo is to south west.
When America wants to destabilize your country they pick a mole from within and send .
It’s been used from time in memorial in wars.
Spies are sent to live in communities blend with them to give real time information.

Saying Ojukwu had no to ulterior motive in Lagos because he sent Banjo is lame.
Ojukwu categorically stated that , Biafra reserves the right to appoint a military governor which will make him a proxy “commander”, Ojukwu also stated that Biafra troops will stay in South West until he’s satisfied that’s “conquest”.

I’m not Yoruba but whenever I see these Woke Yoruba I feel pity for them .
The average Igbo is more strategic while dealing with Territorial issues while these wannabes liberals are forming WOKEness if their forefathers hadn’t used their head i don’t think they’ll have a land to call their own today .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by raumdeuter: 4:30pm On Jul 09
Coldie:

(b) the areas and subjects of cooperation between the liberated sovereign states of Western Nigeria, or by what name it may call itself, and Biafra.”

Convince us

Which Yoruba leader invited Ojuku to invade the West

5 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by raumdeuter: 4:32pm On Jul 09
Coldie:

Convince us

The agenda is here in bold

(iv) [b]Biafran troops will, after the liberation of the Yorubaland, remain in that territory only for as long as we in Biafra consider it necessary for the Yorubas to consolidate their position and sovereignty against any external threat.

(v) On the liberation of the Yorubaland, you will be appointed as the Military Governor of that territory.

(vi) The liberation of Western Nigeria will be a prelude to the liberation of all Yorubas up to the River Niger and the severance of all connections between the West and the North at Jebba.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by raumdeuter: 4:35pm On Jul 09
anonymous1759:

It baffles me how your likes still finds a way to twist this revealing “letter”
Nevanly of Russia is what Banjo is to south west.
When America wants to destabilize your country they pick a mole from within and send .
It’s been used from time in memorial in wars.
Spies are sent to live in communities blend with them to give real time information.

Saying Ojukwu had no to ulterior motive in Lagos because he sent Banjo is lame.
Ojukwu categorically stated that , Biafra reserves the right to appoint a military governor which will make him a proxy “commande”, Ojukwu also stated that Biafra troops will stay in South West until he’s satisfied that’s “conquest”.

I’m not Yoruba but whenever I see these Woke Yoruba I feel pity for them .
The average Igbo is more strategic while dealing with Territorial issues while these wannabes liberals are forming WOKEness if their forefathers hadn’t used their head i don’t think they’ll have a land to call their own today .

Well said. The same ones Sarowiwa described in his book as starry eyed intellectuals

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by Coldie(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09
raumdeuter:

while Banjo and Ojukwu argued back and forth for three days about whom to appoint Governor/ Administrator of the Midwest. Ojukwu had apparently initially preferred Lt. Col. Nwawo as the governor (9). But Banjo, eager to avoid creating a restive non-Ibo population, independently and separately approached Lt. Col. David Ejoor (through the Catholic mission), Major Sam Ogbemudia (through an agent) and Lt. Col. Trimnell (a molato officer with ancestral links to Aboh division), in that order (9, 13, 14). The first two declined. Ojukwu turned down the latter, ultimately choosing Major Albert Nwazu Okonkwo, a Midwest Ibo medical officer

I thought u guys said ojukwu appointed his kin’s man from the east to head the Midwest, so what happened?
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo In 1967. by T8ksy(m): 4:46pm On Jul 09
DMerciful:
Why did Awolowo, who said if Igbos are forced out of Nigeria, they too would leave, did not leave?

Awo said, if the federal govt allows the Eastern region to leave the Union (by omission or commission) then the western region too, will exit the union.
Now,the question, a rationale mind would ask himself is, " has the federal govt allowed the Eastern region to leave the Union after, Ojukwu declared biafra?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don't Campaign For APC In The North, You May Not Return Alive - Bashir El-Rufai / Northern Oligarchy Why Nigeria Is Failing / Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.