Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,386 members, 7,894,662 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 01:18 PM

The Power Of Reciprocal Values In Learning: A Call To Action For Parents. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Power Of Reciprocal Values In Learning: A Call To Action For Parents. (57 Views)

Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner / FUTMINNA Creates Portal For Parents Of Their Students (photo) / "Respect Is Reciprocal"... The Best Gift To Human Is Respect! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Reciprocal Values In Learning: A Call To Action For Parents. by kingkwonkie: 3:07pm On Jul 09
THE POWER OF RECIPROCAL VALUES IN LEARNING: A CALL TO ACTION FOR PARENTS.

BY:
Okwong Okwong

As our children grow and learn, they absorb valuable lessons that extend beyond the classroom. They develop essential virtues like respect, empathy, and kindness that shape their character and future. However, this harmony can be disrupted if we, as parents, fail to reinforce these values at home.

I experienced this firsthand during my student teaching assignment with a bright and curious student named Michael. He had excelled in school, following rules and showing respect to teachers and peers. But a change in his behavior caught my attention - he became disruptive and disrespectful, contradicting his earlier good habits. Upon investigation, I discovered that his parents had neglected to reinforce the positive values he learned in school, leaving him without responsibilities at home due to a newly hired maid. The parents' rudeness to the maid when Michael complained further exacerbated the issue.

This mismatch in values negatively impacted Michael's academic performance and created conflict in the classroom. I reached out to his parents, and together, we aligned our values and supported each other. The result was remarkable - Michael's behavior transformed, and his enthusiasm for learning returned. The classroom environment improved, and I could focus on teaching without conflicting values.

This story serves as a wake-up call for parents. When we reciprocate the good attitudes our children learn in school, we create a supportive environment that fosters growth and success. But conflicting values can harm their academic performance and emotional well-being, affecting their entire educational journey. By working together, we can create a harmonious learning environment that promotes respect, empathy, kindness, and open communication. Let us join forces to build a community that nurtures compassionate, responsible, and successful individuals.

Join me in this journey, and let us celebrate the symphony of learning that resonates throughout our homes, schools, and communities.

#syphonyoflearning
#education

(1) (Reply)

How To Lock And Unlock Your Facebook Profile - Simple Practical Steps / UNILAG Past Questions M.A English Language 2024/2025 Past Questions Exam / Past Questions Masters Of Education In Early Childhood Education – Unilag 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.