Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,147 members, 7,896,897 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? (195 Views)

Ireti Kingibe: Why Are Abuja Indigenes Not Complaining Against Yorubas? / Why Is Peter Obi Not Complaining About The Old Naira Deadline? / Why Are The Kano People Nor The Northerners Not Complaining About Ganduje's Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Barbiturate(m): 7:29am On Jul 10
I use 5000 in a month or almost a month before the increase in electricity tariff. After the increment, EKEDC sent messages and informed us that we are in band A and that the tariff has been increased to two hundred and something. I now use 25000+ in a month. This is just too outrageous and crazy and nobody is saying anything. Are we all cool with this?
It's like one just came to Lagos to pay bills! I can't even save money anymore. From increase in rent, to electricity to food items, to fuel (with scarcity)
Why are we all folding hands and watching like all's okay?
Are we cowards in this country?
Why will just few people be tormenting the lives of millions of people?

This is really frustrating!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by OneCandleAway(f): 7:31am On Jul 10
Barbiturate:
I use 5000 in a month or almost a month before the increase in electricity tariff. After the increment, EKEDC sent messages and informed us that we are in band A and that the tariff has been increased to two hundred and something. I now use 25000+ in a month. This is just too outrageous and crazy and nobody is saying anything. Are we all cool with this?
It's like one just came to Lagos to pay bills! I can't even save money anymore. From increase in rent, to electricity to food items, to fuel (with scarcity)

Nigerians can adapt to suffering. Even other africans can't bear what Nigerians can adapt to.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by immortalcrown(m): 7:31am On Jul 10
Because the champions of such complaints and protests find it difficult to blame the suffering on Obi.

They have been trying to use their criticism of Obi to divert attention from the suffering. But the suffering is too much to be trivialized or covered up.

Bigotry and sentiment are what influence their complaints. Good governance and bad governance are not the determinants of their reactions. When the personality in charge of power suits their sentiment, they have no reason to complain or protest, even if the regime is undeniably too harsh. But when the personality in charge of power does not suit their sentiment, they have every reason to complain and protest, even if the regime is so good.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by babasolution: 7:32am On Jul 10
They supported tyrants and oppressors to power,that's the result.

No protest will be allowed
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by immortalcrown(m): 7:33am On Jul 10
OneCandleAway:
Nigerians can adapt to suffering. Even other africans can't bear what Nigerians can adapt to.
Their adaptive nature does not stop them from complaining. They relentlessly complained against Jonathan. Bigotry and sentiment are what influence their complaints.
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:40am On Jul 10
If you complain, APC paid miscreants will come for you.
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by ojun50(m): 7:50am On Jul 10
Let continue like this we the citizens are not ripe to have sense. Everything is now expensive from water to drugs to food.
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Mrfeel: 8:04am On Jul 10
Barbiturate:

My meter borrows emergency credit by itself without me seeing the unit it borrows
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Northernblood8(m): 8:09am On Jul 10
OneCandleAway:

Majority of nigerians are foolish. They've already sold their "voice in unity" during the 2023 election. No more united front and thats why politicians can do whatever and go scot free
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Paythemback: 8:15am On Jul 10
Barbiturate:

Light is cheap in Abia state and cost of living is low there,move away from Lagos and all other Southwest state and I can guarantee you of peace of mind.thanks and you are going.
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Remman(m): 8:32am On Jul 10
Calm down na turn by turn... Endsars was a success, now it's time for minimum wage. End electricity hike dey come!
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by OneCandleAway(f): 8:37am On Jul 10
Paythemback:

Light is cheap in Abia state and cost of living is low there,move away from Lagos and all other Southwest state and I can guarantee you of peace of mind.thanks and you are going.

You see this idi.ot.

This one doesn't have a future so wants to drag other Nigerians down with him

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Paythemback: 8:48am On Jul 10
OneCandleAway:

My father is an idi.ot.

He doesn't have a future reason he brought never do well like me to the world

So sorry about that
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by OneCandleAway(f): 9:06am On Jul 10
Paythemback:

So sorry about that

Your generations will be ashamed of you for lacking courage to confront bad governance
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by immortalcrown(m): 9:28am On Jul 10
Mrfeel:
My meter borrows emergency credit by itself without me seeing the unit it borrows
By + pass =?

Edited:
Ignore the question above.
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Beremx(f): 9:31am On Jul 10
People aren't complaining because customers on Band A aren't much compared to customers on other Bands put together. I'm in Band C and I spend 4k a month for token
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Paythemback: 10:09am On Jul 10
OneCandleAway:

My generations will be ashamed of me for saying trash online
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Barbiturate(m): 10:12am On Jul 10
Beremx:
People aren't complaining because customers on Band A aren't much compared to customers on other Bands put together. I'm in Band C and I spend 4k a month for token

Oh really! So why will they put us in band A against our wish? They didn't even contact us before doing it. They didn't even bother to ask which band we want. This is serious injustice!
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Beremx(f): 10:38am On Jul 10
Barbiturate:

Oh really! So why will they put us in band A against our wish? They didn't even contact us before doing it. They didn't even bother to ask which band we want. This is serious injustice!
it's not against your wish. You're just unlucky to be in the Band. Some people wished to be in Band A and don't mind paying such amount for token. I'm in Band C and I get 12-16 hrs daily.
It's left for you guys to protest. It's really unbearable
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by MasterJayJay: 11:30am On Jul 10
immortalcrown:
By + pass =?
Do you use prepaid meter? No correlation between emergency credit and bypass.
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by Mrfeel: 12:08pm On Jul 10
immortalcrown:
By + pass =?
What do you mean?
Re: Why Are We Not Complaining About The Increase In Electricity Tariff? by immortalcrown(m): 12:10pm On Jul 10
MasterJayJay:
Do you use prepaid meter? No correlation between emergency credit and bypass.
Noted.

(1) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Organised Labour To Demand 2 Years Arrears Payment / South-east Governors Want Second Niger Bridge Ready In 24 Months / 2019: President Buhari Promises Increased Internet Access

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.