Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,165 members, 7,903,852 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

Here's Your Inheritance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Here's Your Inheritance (328 Views)

Angeline Francis Gives Up Billions Inheritance To Marry Her Nigerian Lover / Audio Inheritance / Michelle Obama’s Mother Dies, Leaves Inheritance To ‘my Son Michael’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's Your Inheritance by Ebonygeek(f): 8:12am On Jul 10
The New Believer's Inheritance

In the old testament, God told his children that they would inherit lands and other physical possessions. But according to the new testament, those who repent and receive Jesus as their Lord and Saviour will inherit a kingdom specially prepared by God, a place not made with hands, a place that is so beautiful, we don't even have the right vocabulary to describe it.

Colossians 1:12-14 KJV
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: [13] Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: [14] In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

When we commit sin, we open ourselves to attacks from the devil. And the devil comes to kill, steal and destroy. We lose money, time and so many other valuable things when we sin. Think of Adam and Eve. They had everything: a beautiful garden, more food than they could eat, peace and serenity. However, the devil came and tricked them into sin. They lost everything and suffered for their disobedience. In the same vein, we suffer various consequences when we commit sin. Nonetheless, when we come to Christ, everything we've ever lost can be restored back to us.

POINTS TO CONSIDER

1) The Promise of a New Inheritance

Ezekiel 36:11 KJV
And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the Lord .

When God begins to bless you by reason of your inheritance in Christ, you will know and say that God is God.

Ezekiel 36:26-30 KJV
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. [27] And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them . [28] And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. [29] I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. [30] And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.

Luke 1:68-75 KJV
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, [69] And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; [70] As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: [71] That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; [72] To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; [73] The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, [74] That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, [75] In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Everyone who comes from the seed of Abraham (such as you and I) are entitled to the promises of God once we accept Jesus.

Galatians 3:13-14 KJV
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: [14] That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

The only thing that shuts the door to Gods promises in our lives, the only thing that keeps people from experiencing God's blessings is sin. To enjoy God's blessings, you need your sins to be purged, idols to be taken away, and stony heart to be removed.

John 10:10 KJV
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

2) The Provision of a New Inheritance

Ephesians 2:12-17 KJV
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: [13] But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us ; [15] Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; [16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: [17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Hebrews 13:12 KJV
Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

To sanctify someone means to make them to be without sin. Jesus took away all our sins with His blood. Without His sacrifice, we would be desolate and lost forever. Give thanks to God, dear friend. Bless His name for His loving Kindness.

John 16:5 KJV
But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?

3) The Partaker of the New Inheritance

Before you eat, you need to do meal preparations. Before you enjoy any commodity, you need to make some effort to acquire it. In the same vein, if you don't do what God asks you to do, He will never do what you ask Him to do. If you want God's blessing, you've got to be a person of faith and prayers.

1 Corinthians 10:20-21 KJV
But I say , that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. [21] Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

You can't be committing sin and expect to receive blessings from God. Now, you might say that a person can make it in life without serving God. That's true. But the thing is, you're going to face many difficulties along the line. A person who is neck-deep in sin tends to experience things like depression, anxiety, diseases resulting from engaging in sexual pervasions to relieve stress, sickness such as liver, lung and kidney problems after smoking and drinking, etc. But when you're a child of God, these are all temptations and trials that you can overcome. Also, keep in mind that achieving success on earth does not guarantee a good afterlife. You can have billions during your short time on earth but can burn for all eternity in your afterlife.

2 Peter 1:3-9 KJV
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. [9] But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

If you haven't repented yet, I urge you to do so, dear friend. Death can come at any time. Where will your soul spend eternity?
Re: Here's Your Inheritance by Ebonygeek(f): 6:25pm On Jul 10
Many people don't know about what is to come.
Re: Here's Your Inheritance by Ebonygeek(f): 10:48am On Jul 11
Good morning beautiful people
Re: Here's Your Inheritance by Ebonygeek(f): 6:48am On Jul 13
smiley
Re: Here's Your Inheritance by Ebonygeek(f): 5:36pm On Jul 19
Do you know what you can accomplish with God on your side?
Re: Here's Your Inheritance by Ebonygeek(f): 9:05am On Jul 20
Good morning friend smiley

(1) (Reply)

When Next You Kill Yourselves You Will Get A Flag. / How Possible Is It To Get Her Back? / Guys What Do Want From Your Partner This Christmas..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.