Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,583 members, 7,929,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:04 AM

How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) (45524 Views)

Video Of Army Couple Dat Was Beheaded By Unknown Gun Men In Imo State + Voicec / How Derico Nwamama Became The Most Notorious Armed Robber In Eastern Nigeria / The Rise And Fall Of Derico Nwamama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by oyeb15: 10:57am On Jul 10
Pushing this old news to discredit nnamdi kanu
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by chatinent: 10:58am On Jul 10
See him pleading to be forgiven. Pastard.
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 10:58am On Jul 10
GloriousGbola:

i have said previously that ESN is a symptom of a much larger problem in the east

in the late 1990s there was a wave of crime that led to bakassi boys as a countermeasure [extrajudicial killings]
in 2010s there was osisikanu
in 2014 and beyond it was kidnappers
today it is ESN

the symptom is able bodied disenfranchised young men resorting to armed robbery

the same thing is now happening in the north and this is why they can never eliminate banditry if they are unable to address the root cause which in both cases is an army of unemployed young men with no real options or opportunities

Thanks for this.

I was watching a movie yesterday then it suddenly struck me that one of the two receptionists at a hotel in the movie was a well-groomed man in his forties (obviously).
I had to ask myself how many men in Nigeria would see a comfortable life in such employment.

In a nation that works; gardening, factory work, bartending, pump attendant and other menial jobs would be enough to sustain a family with one or two kids.

In a bastardized nation as ours, it is suicide.

If the government improves the economy as it should be, a lot of people would be precluded from crimes.

I pray we get it right one day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by RoiNews2: 11:00am On Jul 10
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Bakassi boys need to return cuz it seems they were more active than our current security agencies..

They became corrupt too
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by RecessionistPMB: 11:00am On Jul 10
Creamypie:
Easterners fully support and are totally loyal to criminals, but it's an offence to tell them, hence mass relocation to Delta state. Right now, millions of derrica full east up to Niger bridge carrying anioma creation from Delta for head, hoping it will be realised, so that they can fully extend their criminal trade to Delta, cum south.

Stop foaming in the mouth. Are you this dumb?
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Porksupplyib: 11:02am On Jul 10
GloriousGbola:

i have said previously that ESN is a symptom of a much larger problem in the east

in the late 1990s there was a wave of crime that led to bakassi boys as a countermeasure [extrajudicial killings]
in 2010s there was osisikanu
in 2014 and beyond it was kidnappers
today it is ESN

the symptom is able bodied disenfranchised young men resorting to armed robbery

the same thing is now happening in the north and this is why they can never eliminate banditry if they are unable to address the root cause which in both cases is an army of unemployed young men with no real options or opportunities

Smiles.
We will keep going round in cycles if we refuse to address the real truth here. Crime is not mainly due to unemployment. It is mainly due to greed and societal decadence.

Just accept the fact that everyone won't be RICH, that is not how life is planned. And even in good countries with things working, some still chose to embrace crime. How big they succeed at it is dependent on how irresponsible the security apparatus of such nation is.

The main reason why insecurity is festering here is largely due to our ineffective security apparatus.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by frndfghtr(m): 11:07am On Jul 10
My nigga, I known every thing about dreico, he is a simple guy, he was not a thief but a guy man , he sherrish his people so much, he is my mentor that time

1 Like

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by frndfghtr(m): 11:11am On Jul 10
The only crime dreico commit was killing chiejula, he did it for people this video is fake fake fake

1 Like

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by OdefaGirl(f): 11:12am On Jul 10
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Bakassi boys need to return cuz it seems they were more active than our current security agencies..

But at some point.... The bloodshed became too much and people were killed without fair hearing.

2 Likes

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:12am On Jul 10
Criminals always have the backings of Nigerian politicians/government...

This has always been from day one of politics in Nigeria...

All u Nigerian politicians, e no go better for Una...

Sorrow and tribulations shall befall Una family...
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by agadez007(m): 11:14am On Jul 10
Bakassi boys just killed innocent people
Even Eddie na nawgu was wrongly accused,Eddie was a powerful man and they(Government) hated that and connived with bakassi boys to shorten his life,they have not been able to prove that he(Eddie) killed anyone,his church is still standing in his hometown of Nawgu till today

2 Likes

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Felaincarnated: 11:15am On Jul 10
U must be one of d gang member. Hand go touch u soon
12345baba:
Derico my brother. I cant forget, i watched him been beheaded.
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Juniorangel(m): 11:18am On Jul 10
Knew him back then in secondary school, not everything seems what it is...

1 Like

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Pootle: 11:29am On Jul 10
MemphitzDgreat1:
TELL Magazine carried an exclusive story on this incident back in 2001.

tell was one ofe the best magazine back then they where just and did fact finding investigation then

1 Like

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by AfahaAbia(m): 11:30am On Jul 10
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

They can't anymore.
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by 12345baba(m): 11:31am On Jul 10
Felaincarnated:
U must be one of d gang member. Hand go touch u soon
i dey wait for the hand. Small boy
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by tfelicityk(m): 11:33am On Jul 10
Is the then Governor don't believe in the security agencies like the NPF to curtain him? He should have employed the service of the NA then.

Well, where are the Bakassi boys now? After their service for the then Governor what happened to them? We like wasting resources. We are good at used and dumped. I expected the said Bakassi boys should have been employed as registered vigilante and well paid by the then Governor.
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Beremx(f): 11:34am On Jul 10
Realtruth2023:

There was Shina Rambo in the West or you want to play Ostrich on that one?
and he hasn't been killed up till today o! Igbo people don't tolerate criminality. If you do the crime, kiss the world goodbye.

1 Like

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Sweeetheart(m): 11:43am On Jul 10
Racoon:
The way to go in the East. No alaye, baba soope nonsense thugs escape the wrath of justice.

So Simon ekpa and Nnamdi kanu that are causing havoc are evangelist

When you igbo stop deceiving yourself let's know

1 Like

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Curious345: 11:50am On Jul 10
SE has criminals too ,but nothing compared to the SW.. but 97.68% of Ibo are gainfully employed traders .

But not same.in the SW
OkoYibo:

They killed 9 of them last weekend, they all turned out to be from the SE.
This OP is from the SE like you.

Tribalism has ruined your ability to think.
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by CJStarz: 11:51am On Jul 10
haybhi1:
That's incorrect. To allow unfettered violence is to disrupt societal architecture.
Jungle justice is never the solution
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by lagonovo: 11:58am On Jul 10
mipeesoft:
There was oyenusi in the West before shina rambo

Did you see Yorubas defend them and use diversion tactics to shift focus from them whenever they are the subject of a discussion thread?
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by OkoYibo: 12:02pm On Jul 10
GloriousGbola:

the root cause... is an army of unemployed young men
with no real options or opportunities

Curious345:
SE has criminals too... 97.68% of Ibo are gainfully employed traders.

One is saying they are criminals because no work. The other one is saying there aren't criminals because they are all working.

You can keep explaining and defending those destroying your region. That is your problem. E no concern me.
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by lagonovo: 12:02pm On Jul 10
Curious345:
SE has criminals too ,but nothing compared to the SW.. but 97.68% of Ibo are gainfully employed traders .

But not same.in the SW

Even if your Aba-made statistics is accurate, the Yorubas don't have a culture of defending the criminals. Every thread discussing Ibo criminals, all you see from Ibos is diversion tactics and attempts to justify the criminal.
Even on this thread, you could clearly see carefully crafted comments to make the criminal look like a victim.

1 Like

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by OkoYibo: 12:03pm On Jul 10
frndfghtr:
My nigga, I known every thing about dreico, he is a simple guy, he was not a thief but a guy man , he sherrish his people so much, he is my mentor that time
frndfghtr:
The only crime dreico commit was killing chiejula, he did it for people this video is fake fake fake

If them catch the devil today, Igbos go defend am.

1 Like

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by VinnyBaba: 12:07pm On Jul 10
noble2faith:
grin

I watch one nollywood movie about this guy titled "Desperado, the Story of Derico" early 2000s. I was in secondary school then. The movie was highly fictionalised.

I think you meant 'End of the River' featuring Emeka Enyiocha and Julius Agu.🤔

Desperado was Hanks Anuku and Chidi Mokeme. 🤨

1 Like

Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by kenchop: 12:07pm On Jul 10
ITS NOW OFFICIAL,NAIRALAND IS USELESS, THEY HAVE RUN OUT OF IDEAS AND INFORMATION, THEY JUST KEEP RECYCLING TRASHY NEWS HERE.
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by membranus: 12:09pm On Jul 10
Beremx:
and he hasn't been killed up till today o! Igbo people don't tolerate criminality. If you do the crime, kiss the world goodbye.

But Shina Rambo whole family were wiped out, and he was only spared having become a disciple of Christ.

Yorubas does not tolerate criminals either, go and ask Oyenusi in his inglorious grave.
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Felaincarnated: 12:10pm On Jul 10
Na so derico cap til dem ovb am
12345baba:
i dey wait for the hand. Small boy
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Lungs: 12:14pm On Jul 10
CyrusVI:
The East have always had one person terrorizing the region

Even when Kanu and Ekpa leave the scene, another Senacherib will arise and prolly do worst

Like Kanu in the U.K and Ekpa in Finland, he also wasnt based in the East yet instill fears in the heart of the residents

And Ur papaya in the south west . ODE
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Curious345: 12:14pm On Jul 10
Not true.. no genuine Ibo man will support a criminal,either he be Ibo or not .
lagonovo:

Even if your Aba-made statistics is accurate, the Yorubas don't have a culture of defending the criminals. Every thread discussing Ibo criminals, all you see from Ibos is diversion tactics and attempts to justify the criminal.
Even on this thread, you could clearly see carefully crafted comments to make the criminal look like a victim.
Re: How Derico Nwamama Was Beheaded In 2001 (Throwback) by Love800(m): 12:33pm On Jul 10
TELL magazine. Is that magazine still in existence? I read it alot in my early teens in 2008-2011. My dad always purchase it when coming back from work.
MemphitzDgreat1:
TELL Magazine carried an exclusive story on this incident back in 2001.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics / 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) / Corpse Of Corper Igali Ifiemi Found By The Roadside In Lagos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.