Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,225 members, 7,913,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:56 AM

Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After (34402 Views)

Senator Joseph Wayas' Corpse Abandoned In London Over Funds / PDP Appoints Ex-Senate President, Adolphus Wabara As BoT Chairman / Ex-Senate President, Joseph Wayas Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by FreeStuffsNG: 6:39pm On Jul 10
atiku4President:
Hmm, what family problems can result in can be unimaginable some times. It's a pity. May his soul rest in peace.

Sources said this feud had taken them to courts of law. It is said that they are battling over the control of the man’s estate, the right to champion the funeral arrangement, and of course, lead the family.
https://dailytrust.com/how-family-feud-others-delay-burial-of-former-senate-president-wayas/
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by sonnie10: 6:49pm On Jul 10
Vickho:
same here. My dad died since last year till now he's not been buried.
Kinsmen said we've not been coming to the village so they heaped lots of things for us to purchase and they've frustrated our burial plans.
Na you no want to strong head. If not, you don’t need village people involvement in the burial.
You, your siblings and in-laws can Just organize friends and associates from where you reside. Contract Apama people bearers .
Call your church people to do the service.
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by oxyG: 6:50pm On Jul 10
Alhamdulillah for being a Muslim

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by GanagiBitrus: 6:55pm On Jul 10
Vickho:
same here. My dad died since last year till now he's not been buried.
Kinsmen said we've not been coming to the village so they heaped lots of things for us to purchase and they've frustrated our burial plans.
Quite unfortunate that one has to dance to their tune all in the name of tradition.
Well you have no option than to patiently negotiate with them especially if there is a fairly reasonable one among them.
It will eventually come to pass, just that it's stressful.
My condolences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Vickho: 6:59pm On Jul 10
mukthar2000:
Some people can keep Deadbody shaaa, forgotten that once the owner of the soul have take the soul, all other body na waste.

I am happy being a Muslim.

Rest well Mr senator, I will others can learn as well.
you would be more happier being a Christian

1 Like

Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10
I used to know his youngest son Shu…
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Vickho: 7:00pm On Jul 10
Mryacks:
Can we pass a law that dead people should be buried within 2 weeks. We just like creating unnecessary logistics and financial burden on ourselves all in the name of wanting to give a "befitting burial". Nonsense. A dead body has no need to be kept for a jamboree.
burial is an opportunity for hungry Nigerians to feast

1 Like

Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Tingotoe: 7:04pm On Jul 10
lexy2014:

what is only with Nigerian christians?
And idol worshippers
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by barinedan(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10
Life is truly vanity, He left Nigeria alive and returned like a cargo wrapped in cartons and received like an imported goods. Reason why we should live a good life devoid of hate, shun any form of oppression of the weak and live peacefully with everyone.
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by lexy2014: 7:09pm On Jul 10
Tingotoe:
And idol worshippers

thats not what I asked you.

what is only with Nigerian christians?
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Vickho: 7:11pm On Jul 10
GanagiBitrus:

Quite unfortunate that one has to dance to their tune all in the name of tradition.
Well you have no option than to patiently negotiate with them especially if there is a fairly reasonable one among them.
It will eventually come to pass, just that it's stressful.
My condolences.
Thank you brother.
sonnie10:

Na you no want to strong head. If not, you don’t need village people involvement in the burial.
You, your siblings and in-laws can Just organize friends and associates from where you reside. Contract Apama people bearers .
The custom generally in my state is that if u don't fulfill their rites they'll pour and consult the spirit of the dead to strike you dead.
I used to think it was a fallacy and superstition till it happened to a stubborn friend I Know that resisted such rites. Dude was struck dead be a ghost.
The rites alone cost 2 million, it is Only after fulfilling the rites before they approve your date for burial.
Failure to do that they'll consult the spirit of the dead and it'll strike you dead.
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Santalpharay: 7:19pm On Jul 10
Snake001:
Hmmm

Thank God he died before 2023 election.

Some kids without home training waking up their parents with sidekicks would have said he deserved to die because he voted for Tinubu or Atiku.

May his soul rip

Chaaiiii, all those Yoruba kids deserved to be flogged mercilessly.
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by GanagiBitrus: 7:19pm On Jul 10
sonnie10:

There are villages & communities with strong unions you can't try this.
It's like fighting your community.
Better to negotiate with them & iron out matters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Santalpharay: 7:20pm On Jul 10
Beremx:
Muslim burial remains the best. Die and bury immediately then do party later which is optional.
How can a corpse be in the mortuary for almost three years? Doing what precisely?

In a foreign land oo for that matter. Chai!😭
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by GuyInTheMirror: 7:29pm On Jul 10
Vickho:

Thank you brother.
The custom generally in my state is that if u don't fulfill their rites they'll pour and consult the spirit of the dead to strike you dead.
I used to think it was a fallacy and superstition till it happened to a stubborn friend I Know that resisted such rites. Dude was struck dead be a ghost.
The rites alone cost 2 million, it is Only after fulfilling the rites before they approve your date for burial.
Failure to do that they'll consult the spirit of the dead and it'll strike you dead.
This rubbish you wrote is very painful to read.
An educated man, someone who is probably old enough to be a father himself is afraid of ghosts.
How will you raise your children ?

You will teach them to be afraid of ghosts ?

I am sure you are a tither and supposed committed christian, this is the reason religion in Nigeria/Africa is a joke.

The worst form of bondage is half-baked education mixed with a high dose of hypocrisy.

Africa is doomed with people with your kind of mindset roaming around the continent.
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by teebaxy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10
STEWpid:
Chai..

So the man has been inside intense refrigeration for about 3 years?

Why keep him for all that long?

Is it money they don't have to bury him ni or there's a fight in the family or in his brotherhood?

RIP former Senate Presido.

Transportation of corpses from UK to Nigeria is not cheap brother…. wonder why many people abroad opt for cremation of the dead once?
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by mukthar2000(m): 7:52pm On Jul 10
Vickho:
you would be more happier being a Christian
really, what's are the happier being a Christian ?
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Machinegun91(m): 8:07pm On Jul 10
The rich also dies
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Vickho: 8:17pm On Jul 10
mukthar2000:
really, what's are the happier being a Christian ?
an
encounter with the Lord Jesus the Christ the Saviour will change your story
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Safyqueen: 8:27pm On Jul 10
DUNDEEmoderatos:

While I don't subscribe to the idea of keeping a body for long, do you know how many Muslims that have been buried while unconscious?

Stupid question from Islamaphobic fellow.
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Safyqueen: 8:37pm On Jul 10
Be a Muslim so that you will not be packed like saidin inside a freezer when dead.
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by dododawa1: 8:54pm On Jul 10
No peace and rest

For

Living

and

Death
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by AngelicBeing: 8:54pm On Jul 10
angry
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by DuttyChuks: 8:55pm On Jul 10
Packaged like stock fish inside carton. This life is nothing oooh! Try dey help the poor ones while you still dey alive! Its well.
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by millionboi2: 9:22pm On Jul 10
atiku4President:
Hmm, what family problems can result in can be unimaginable some times. It's a pity. May his soul rest in peace.
datz y im afraid of polygamy..... nothing else.
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by DUNDEEmoderatos: 9:26pm On Jul 10
Safyqueen:

Stupid question from Islamaphobic fellow.
Can you be this stupid? If I am a Muslim would I have asked that question?
You just commented without comprehending.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by AngelicBeing: 9:37pm On Jul 10
Vickho:

Thank you brother.

Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by AngelicBeing: 9:38pm On Jul 10
GuyInTheMirror:

This rubbish you wrote is very painful to read.
An educated man, someone who is probably old enough to be a father himself is afraid of ghosts.
How will you raise your children ?

You will teach them to be afraid of ghosts ?

I am sure you are a tither and supposed committed christian, this is the reason religion in Nigeria/Africa is a joke.

The worst form of bondage is half-baked education mixed with a high dose of hypocrisy.

Africa is doomed with people with your kind of mindset roaming around the continent.

Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:48pm On Jul 10
This is just too horrible
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Vickho: 9:50pm On Jul 10
Double Post
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by Vickho: 9:51pm On Jul 10
Safyqueen:
Be a Muslim so that you will not be packed like a sardine
another useless terrorist spotted
Re: Body Of Ex-senate President Joseph Wayas Arrives Nigeria 33 Months After by benjanny(m): 10:18pm On Jul 10
Why did it linger so long to bring him down here??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme's Last Major Public Outing Was His Induction Into Imo Hall Of Fame / Aso Rock Viral Video: First Lady Aisha Buhari Apologizes / Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.