Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,788 members, 7,930,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:13 AM

"New HIV Prevention Drug Taken Twice A Year Shows 100% Effectiveness!" - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "New HIV Prevention Drug Taken Twice A Year Shows 100% Effectiveness!" (192 Views)

HIV Prevention Drug, Lenacapavir Shows 100% Efficacy In Clinical Trial / HPV Is The New HIV... E No Dey Show (all The Time) For Bodi (GRAPHIC PICTURES) / First New HIV Strain In 19 Years Identified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"New HIV Prevention Drug Taken Twice A Year Shows 100% Effectiveness!" by NlGERlA: 6:07pm On Jul 10
A new HIV prevention drug has shown remarkable efficacy in a clinical trial, offering hope for a future without the disease.

The drug, called lenacapavir, demonstrated 100% efficacy in preventing HIV infection in a trial involving 2,400 participants. Lenacapavir works by targeting a specific protein in the virus, preventing it from replicating.

The trial, conducted by Gilead Sciences, found that not a single participant who received the drug contracted HIV, compared to 13 participants in the placebo group.

This breakthrough offers a significant improvement over existing prevention methods, such as pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), which requires daily pills and has shown efficacy rates of up to 92%.

Lenacapavir's long-acting formula allows for just two doses per year, making it a more convenient and accessible option. The drug has been submitted for FDA approval, paving the way for a potential new standard in HIV prevention.

https://www.sciencealert.com/new-hiv-prevention-drug-shows-100-efficacy-in-clinical-trial

Re: "New HIV Prevention Drug Taken Twice A Year Shows 100% Effectiveness!" by Remman(m): 6:27pm On Jul 10
The problem is, how long would you live after taking such a drug... One thing i know for sure is that population control lords are on a panic mode! I even see how they're using movies to brainwash people that we're like a virus infecting the earth with our population which might destroy the earth unless we fix it ourselves or die with the earth, but couldn't explain exactly how the earth would be destroyed with our population. All i see is that we'd end up destroying ourselves with inventions rather than population.
Re: "New HIV Prevention Drug Taken Twice A Year Shows 100% Effectiveness!" by LoveJesus87(m): 9:34am On Jul 11
Remman:
The problem is, how long would you live after taking such a drug... One thing i know for sure is that population control lords are on a panic mode! I even see how they're using movies to brainwash people that we're like a virus infecting the earth with our population which might destroy the earth unless we fix it ourselves or die with the earth, but couldn't explain exactly how the earth would be destroyed with our population. All i see is that we'd end up destroying ourselves with inventions rather than population.
wise. U get sense

(1) (Reply)

JMS3 Mattress / JMS3 Mattress / Angel Secret Pad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.