Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,892 members, 7,918,905 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:23 PM

I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again (907 Views)

Help: I Am Getting Emotionally Attached To A Married Woman. / Never Be Emotionally Vulnerable To A Woman. / Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by Solofresh2: 8:19pm On Jul 10
I know how it felt losing my dad last week even despite the fact that he neglected us (my mum and we the kids) for another woman. I struggled to become a man today.
I can't handle losses because am emotional. I need to stop being emotional henceforth so that I won't break down again
Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by Zwooks: 8:21pm On Jul 10
Including attachment to Up work ? undecided
Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by EreluRoz: 8:28pm On Jul 10
Sorry about that may his soul rest in peace.
Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by Solofresh2: 8:42pm On Jul 10
EreluRoz:
Sorry about that may his soul rest in peace.
Thanks babešŸ™

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by Klinxmanz(m): 10:17pm On Jul 10
Am very sorry about that, thats really emotionally. May his soul rest in peace
Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by EmperorCaesar(m): 10:53pm On Jul 10
Sorry about that bro. May his soul RIP

U can't stop being emotional by mere wishes.

Go online about read up on "Stoicism" and I promise u, even if the world crumbles today, you won't even flinch

Read these books : "Letter from a Stoic" by Seneca

"Discourse" by Epictetus

"Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius

2 Likes

Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by tanigororo: 3:55am On Jul 11
EmperorCaesar:

Go online about read up on "Stoicism" and I promise u, even if the world crumbles today, you won't even flinch

"Discourse" by Epictetus

You mean to be Zombified

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by Balablue64: 10:16am On Jul 11
Solofresh2:
I know how it felt losing my dad last week even despite the fact that he neglected us (my mum and we the kids) for another woman. I struggled to become a man today.
I can't handle losses because am emotional. I need to stop being emotional henceforth so that I won't break down again

Ey, hahaha funny man are you just realizing that that's the way to go now?
These days you need to be very suspicious and emotionally detached as possible from everything in order to survive this Nigeria.
Lesson that i have learnt since when?
Always expect the worst from people and if you get emotionally attached to anyone you will definitely get hurt, but if you are emotionally detached when it happens you are fine.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by Balablue64: 10:21am On Jul 11
EmperorCaesar:

"Discourse" by Epictetus

Stoicism is not always good all the time, there are some times when you need to display, show or fake the feeling of being in pain just to gain sympathy sometimes.
It's just being wise in any given situation.
i believe every emotion is useful at a particular given time.
There is always time for pain, joy, love, sadness, etc.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by Balablue64: 10:22am On Jul 11
tanigororo:
You mean to be Zombified
being ZOMBIFIED has its own gain too but not all the time, don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by robinso01(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11
No worry, na ur papa death still dey hot for ur body, still fresh. You go overcome am on the long run, u go get attached to a lot of people.
I've been there b4, I know how it feels.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by LordIsaac(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11
I was attached to my dad in my case, but we lost him. I can never get over itā€¦neverā€¦ but I have learned to move on. Life on earth is transient.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by tanigororo: 2:55pm On Jul 11
Balablue64:

being ZOMBIFIED has its own gain too but not all the time, don't you think so?
I know, I understand to be Stoic
Re: I Have Decided Not To Be Emotionally Attached To Anything OR Anyone Again by Sapasenator: 3:07pm On Jul 11
Sorry OP. I remember when I got the news about the passing of my dad 4years ago. I was driving on the highway, parked my car by the curb, sat on the floor by the roadside and cried.

RIP to your dad. We all live and then die. The next 90 years, almost everyone of us will be dead so, let's make the most of our lives.

Live your best life, enjoy every moment and never have any regrets.

(1) (Reply)

Christmas And New Years Eve / Can We Still Be Friend? / Help Please, Im Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.