Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,775 members, 7,889,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu (1242 Views)

The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) / Men Eat From Heaps Of Fufu At Food-Eating Competition In Cross-River (Video) / Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Charleys: 8:46am On Jul 11
The size of fufu has been a topic of concern for many years, with the once-ubiquitous staple food competing with buns and puff-puff in terms of size. However, it's not just the size that's the issue - it's the prices that have made it inaccessible to the less privileged. Fufu, once a staple food for many, has become a luxury item, with prices skyrocketing from 50 naira to 100 or even 200 naira per serving.

The farmers, who are responsible for providing this essential food staple, have been offering various excuses for the decrease in size and increase in price. However, it's clear that their excuses are nothing more than a facade for their own greed. They claim to be providing food for the people, but in reality, they are lining their own pockets with profits from loans by the government while leaving the less privileged to go hungry.

The situation is dire, and something needs to be done to address it. It's time for the people to wake up and take action. The call to "bring back our fufu" is not just a slogan - it's a cry for justice and fairness. The people are demanding that the farmers stop exploiting them and start providing a decent size and price for this essential food staple.

But it's not just the farmers who are to blame. The government also bears some responsibility for allowing this situation to persist. They must hold the farmers accountable for their actions and ensure that they are providing fair prices for fufu.

Furthermore, some have attributed the recent attacks by Fulani herdsmen on farmers as a form of divine retribution for their greed and dishonesty. While this may be an extreme view, it highlights the widespread resentment towards the farmers' actions.

In conclusion, the situation with fufu is unacceptable, and something needs to be done to address it. The people demand fair prices and decent sizes for this essential food staple. It's time for the farmers to stop exploiting them and start providing a service that benefits everyone.

#Bringbackourfufu
#Bringbackourfufu

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Mayng01(m): 8:48am On Jul 11
Smile
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Beremx(f): 8:50am On Jul 11
Fufu and egg are competing in size now. The most annoying part is that the more you eat the fufu at a go, the more you get hungry. Fufu no dey belleful again.

It is well

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Charleys: 8:54am On Jul 11
The farmers are collecting loans from the government meanwhile the people are hungry. These farmers are not going into farming. These farmers are living the life that's why prices are going up.

Fufu size is going down. Not fair for people who consume lots of Fufu.
These farmers needs to be arrested and they need to pay back their grants and loans

#Bringbackourfufu
#Bringbackourfufu
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by BeyondCertainty: 8:54am On Jul 11
Beremx:
Fufu and egg are competing in size now. The most annoying part is that the more you eat the fufu at a go, the more you get hungry. Fufu no dey belleful again.

It is well

I concur.

2 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Solofresh2: 8:57am On Jul 11
Are you Ruth on twitter
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Standing5(m): 8:59am On Jul 11
No ministry for cassava as a poor man crop but there is one for Cows. Imagine that. We are just starting.
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Charleys: 9:00am On Jul 11
Solofresh2:
Are you Ruth on twitter

Is Ruth the only one that consumes Fufu?

6 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Kanixt(m): 9:01am On Jul 11
Indirectly you want GEJ to come back??
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by libertyfather(m): 9:03am On Jul 11
The taste sef nah rubbish

1 Like

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Usmanovic95(m): 9:05am On Jul 11
Beremx:

It is well

It is not well my brother, very soon fufu go dey compete with yoke.We never know wetin dey sup in this country.
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Beremx(f): 9:18am On Jul 11
Usmanovic95:

It is not well my brother, very soon fufu go dey compete with yoke.We never know wetin dey sup in this country.
my son who is 8yrs was eating fufu the other day and was complaining it's too small. He asked me if he's 8yrs and fufu is 100naira, how much will be fufu when he is 18yrs? Lol, my brother I no fit answer the question. Na so I burst laugh. It's funny but the question is deep. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by MasterJayJay: 9:22am On Jul 11
The fufu even dey flat like slippers. Na for only burial ceremonies you go see standard akpu.

3 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by HeatSeeker(m): 9:34am On Jul 11
Beremx:

It is well

I thought I was the only one who noticed this shocked

2 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Usmanovic95(m): 9:37am On Jul 11
Beremx:
my son who is 8yrs was eating fufu the other day and was complaining it's too small. He asked me if he's 8yrs and fufu is 100naira, how much will be fufu when he is 18yrs? Lol, my brother I no fit answer the question. Na so I burst laugh. It's funny but the question is deep. grin grin

Your son is a special breed and a critical thinker. He is obviously a realist not like those slowpoke with the "it has to get worse before it gets better" stupid catchphrase.He is already worried about how the future will be be😳.He asked a very deep and critical question, sadly as an adult we can't give an answer to the question he asked😞

6 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Beremx(f): 9:42am On Jul 11
HeatSeeker:

I thought I was the only one who noticed this shocked
I noticed it as soon as the price increased. Nevertheless, I prefer fufu to garri for swallow even though fufu is more expensive.
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Ikembeku: 9:43am On Jul 11
Helinues now pushed to the point of stealing eggs

I wonder what will happen if bola Ahmed rules for more 3 years

2 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by HeatSeeker(m): 9:50am On Jul 11
Beremx:
I noticed it as soon as the price increased. Nevertheless, I prefer fufu to garri for swallow even though fufu is more expensive.

Na 7 wraps of fufu I dey chop now grin
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by heniford2: 9:59am On Jul 11
Fufu no dey bellyful again in my area fufu it's sold for 200 naira no more 100 naira again yet is very small πŸ‘ŽπŸΏπŸ˜žπŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by phorget(m): 10:01am On Jul 11
😎😎😎
We go survive.
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Charleys: 10:09am On Jul 11
MasterJayJay:
The fufu even dey flat like slippers. Na for only burial ceremonies you go see standard akpu.

True
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by helinues: 10:40am On Jul 11
You guys are now becoming too petty.

Btw, the end SARS op, I dey watch you keenly
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Beremx(f): 11:10am On Jul 11
HeatSeeker:

Na 7 wraps of fufu I dey chop now grin
God abeg o!!!
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Mom007(f): 11:16am On Jul 11
As long as you keep saying things like "the farmers", you will keep buying it like that. Who are these "the farmers" that you guys keep referring to? Hunger never catch una sha. E still remain small. You should all say who you are leaving farming for! undecided
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by blowjohn(m): 11:28am On Jul 11
Hot fuss over fufu
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Fragility6: 11:35am On Jul 11
Charleys:
The farmers are collecting loans from the government meanwhile the people are hungry. These farmers are not going into farming. These farmers are living the life that's why prices are going up.

Fufu size is going down. Not fair for people who consume lots of Fufu.
These farmers needs to be arrested and they need to pay back their grants and loans

#Bringbackourfufu
#Bringbackourfufu
Which kind of useless lie is this? How much did FG loan to farmers that they are using to 'live the life'. Una go just come online to spill nonsense. The last loan farmers even got was under Buhari the plague regime
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by MasterJayJay: 11:37am On Jul 11
Mom007:
As long as you keep saying things like "the farmers", you will keep buying it like that. Who are these "the farmers" that you guys keep referring to? Hunger never catch una sha. E still remain small. You should all say who you are leaving farming for! undecided

Motivational speaker will tell us how to plant cassava in our balconies.
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Tokskob2008: 12:01pm On Jul 11
MasterJayJay:

You dey mind them undecided

One of them here even said sometimes ago that we don't need to eat rice the way we do now because in the past rice was only meant for Christmas day. You can just imagine that warped level of reasoning, if we don't eat rice then what else should we eat because rice is basically the cheapest for now as beans,yam and the rest are way too costly...
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by AcadaWriter2: 12:26pm On Jul 11
Smile
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Mom007(f): 12:36pm On Jul 11
MasterJayJay:

Keep quiet and go sit down. Serious people are talking here.
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by MasterJayJay: 12:38pm On Jul 11
Mom007:

Keep quiet and go sit down. Serious people are talking here.
Serious people telling tenants to plant rice in their balconies.
Re: Bring Back Our Fufu; Why The Size Of Fufu by Emyogalanya: 3:21pm On Jul 11
Beremx:

It is well
Like we need Fufu super Pack, Fufu Hungryman size. And Fufu belleful Pack

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Una See Wetin Chicken Cause! / Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. / 4 Reasons Why Garri Is Bae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.