Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,862 members, 7,889,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:37 PM

Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders (12042 Views)

Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meets Fed Govt Reps On Tripartite Committee / May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu / Details Of Tinubu’s Meeting With Obasanjo Emerge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by politicoNG: 3:30pm On Jul 11
President Bola Tinubu is currently engaged in a closed-door meeting with the leadership of organised labour at the State House, Abuja.

The discussion is expected to focus on the contentious issue of the new national minimum wage.

The labour delegation, comprising representatives from the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress, arrived at the State House around 2 pm.

The NLC President, Joe Ajaero, and TUC President, Festus Osifo, led their respective teams to the crucial talks.

This meeting follows recent developments where the Tripartite Committee on the new national minimum wage submitted two conflicting figures to the President.

The organised private sector and government team proposed N62,000, while labour unions are demanding N250,000.

https://punchng.com/just-in-tinubu-labour-leaders-meet-on-new-minimum-wage/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3d-ZfM9bohleLpJjaekwofIKYCNJbzkQB8Ot6-XwKhiX33em8cjE23NS8_aem__Od4l87i3sxDcPxARLTJIQ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by nemos: 3:36pm On Jul 11
No news source ?
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by dibunotion(m): 4:17pm On Jul 11
Wake me up when there's a revolution.
And it's gonna start from the north

11 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by adioolayi(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11
Well...

Labour leaders go fit raise voice so

Tinubu will stylishly persuade them into agreement

71 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Amuluonyenaego: 4:18pm On Jul 11
They should tell that man that Nigerians are suffering.

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by opera1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11
Meeting upon meeting with no meaningful outcome.
NLC called off their strike last time just coz of 2k

5 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Nahunger(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11
grin

Agbado go nack una

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Adeneeyee84: 4:19pm On Jul 11
NLC have compromise with the Federal Government to rob the Nigerian Civil servant.... Both NLC and TUC are toothless bull dog just barking unnecessarily at the detriment of Nigerian workers....

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by WealthyChidi(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11
Another deceit loading

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by atobs4real(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11
What is the hope like?
For me, I don't trust anyone.
Please, don't compromise NLC and TUC.
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by atobs4real(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11
What is the hope like?
For me, I don't trust anyone.
Please, don't compromise NLC and TUC because Nigerians will never forget.
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by VTJN(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11
Increment of minimum wage will not solve anything. What will be the fate of those not working with government?

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Wolexyoshi(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11
Agreement will eventually ends at 70k-75k and Labour will be persuaded that Government policies will reduce hardship soon.

Meanwhile, Festus always outshine Joe in meetings like this, simply because his mouth smooth pass Joe own.

May Nigeria Be Great.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by PlutoChief: 4:20pm On Jul 11
Collect your millions and keep barking like Ekuke.
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by omoredia: 4:21pm On Jul 11
my people sey na papa wey dey listen to his children the children will end up talking to. Tinubu will disappoint himself as usual

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by kenn4rill(m): 4:21pm On Jul 11
I believe these labour leaders done collect brown envelope since, that's why the ginger spirit no they again to follow up the minimum wage matter.
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by robinfemi: 4:22pm On Jul 11
Another talk that wouldn't yield anything cheesy

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Habbeyy: 4:23pm On Jul 11
But Ndume said that Tinubu has been caged

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Atuero(m): 4:23pm On Jul 11
Better results is all we anticipate for make business start booming to enable we business men collect our own minimum wage from the workers......that's how money circulates in the system
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by santopelele(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11
Clueless is his name, if you know you know

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Xscape1993(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11
This government is a big joke.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Xscape047: 4:26pm On Jul 11
What to do .
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by psucc(m): 4:26pm On Jul 11
Today, there's no walkout by Organized Labour. Any how, dem collect wetin the President offer. No escape! No disagreement! No deadlock!
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by gloryman91: 4:26pm On Jul 11
Abeg talk to him to pay wages awards for six months this week please.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Cajal(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11
dibunotion:
Wake me up when there's a revolution.
And it's gonna start from the north
Let's begin from the south since the guy is from the south
East to the west to the ss and then month central
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by GBPUSD: 4:28pm On Jul 11
Will the pay be more than what workers get now plus wage award when the new minimum wage is implemented?
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Emblem44: 4:30pm On Jul 11
Better

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by specialmati(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin city boy is back.ist my eyes city boy not looking good in this picture.well thank God his back .90k for minimum wage

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by olatade(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11
Hopefully, they’ll come out with a positive outcome. We all want this country to work.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Benhurr(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11
Issoright
Re: Minimum Wage: Tinubu Meeting With Labour Leaders by Kanixt(m): 4:42pm On Jul 11
nemos:
No news source ?
You go find the source now.

Effect of getting news on nairaland only

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Ubale Mai-nama Sets Court Ablaze For Dissolving His Marriage In Katsina / Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism / NYCN Youths Stage Solidarity Rally To Welcome Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.