Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,866 members, 7,889,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:58 PM

Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos (11339 Views)

Traffic Advisory: Road Closures For Remembrance Day Ceremony. / LASTMA Announces Diversions & Road Closures For Buhari's Visit To Lagos / Canada Releases Damning Report On Nigeria, Issues Travel Advisory To Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by naptu2: 4:07pm On Jul 11
Lagos State Ministry Of Transportation @lagosMOT1

UPDATE ON TRAFFIC DIVERSION AT THE STRETCH OF OSBORNE FORESHORE PHASE 1 TO ADENIJI RAMP

…LASG announces total closure for asphalt laying

The Lagos State Government has announced total closure of the stretch of Osborne Foreshore Estate phase 1 to Adeniji ramp to enable the Federal Ministry of Works lay asphalt on the section.

The closure will commence from 12 midnight on Saturday, 13th to 5am on Monday, 15th July, 2024.

Motorists are advised to use the existing alternative routes highlighted as follows;

Scene1:

Motorists from Alexander/Glover are to make use of Oba Adeyinka Oyekan Avenue inwards Ikoyi to connect Obalende/Ring Road and access 3rd Mainland Bridge for their desired destinations.

Scene 2:

Motorists from Victoria Island are expected to go through Falomo Roundabout to link Awolowo Road and access 3rd Mainland Bridge for their desired destinations.

Alternately, Motorists from Victoria Island can also utilize Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue to link Mekunwen Bridge and proceed to CMS/Apongbon Bridge inwards Eko Bridge to access Funsho Williams Avenue for their desired destinations.

For the closure period, Motorists on the other side from Sura Bridge will have seamless traffic flow inbound Osborne Foreshore Estate.

ADVISORY: Motorists are implored to be patient as the closure is part of the traffic management plans for an improved journey experience.

#ensuringseamlesscommuting
#solvinglagostraffic
#agreaterlagosrising

2 Likes

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by naptu2: 4:07pm On Jul 11
LASTMA @followlastma

TRAVEL ADVISORY:

TRAFFIC PLANS FOR THE TEMPORARY CLOSURE BY THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS FOR THE DRAINAGE REHABILITATION FROM JIBOWU TO AGNES JUNCTION ON HERBERT MACAULAY WAY.

With reference to the above subject matter; the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), has strategically initiated plans to address the anticipated increase in traffic congestion in and around the project site with a robust traffic management plans.

1. ALTERNATIVE ROUTES FOR MOTORISTS, INWARD-BOUND YABATECH, SABO ENROUTE HERBERT MACAULAY WAY TO ADEKUNLE/3MB.

i. From Fadeyi-Jibowu-Muritala Mohammed Way-Montgomery Road-to link Harvey Road-to Agnes Junction, motorists will navigate through Sabo, Alagomeji to Third Mainland Bridge.

ii. Obalende bound vehicles, coming from Fadeyi to Jibowu -Muritala Mohammed Way -Yaba to link-Herbert Macaulay from Alagomeji to continue their journey to Adekunle and link Third Mainland Bridge.

For motorists coming from Mushin en-route Empire going to Obalende can use the same route to link UNILAG or Obalende.

2. LASTMA officials have been strategically positioned at various choke points to control movements of traffic and attend to any incident or emergency.

3. Personnel have been mobilized to provide information on emergencies & to give real time traffic updates on all the Agency's Social Media handles.

4. Recovery vehicles have been strategically positioned to attend to any incident real time.

5. Robust collaboration with other law enforcement and security sister Agencies to manage traffic and deal with unforeseen circumstances.

As an Agency, we apologize for any inconveniences that this closure might have caused. It is part of efforts to ensure a serene, weather-unhindered atmosphere in the city of Lagos.

E-Signed

Mr Olalekan Bakare-Oki.
GM LASTMA.

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by naptu2: 4:08pm On Jul 11
More

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by NwaNimo1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 11
Lemme divert.....

2 Likes

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by updatechange(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11
Sharp
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by chuksjuve(m): 5:08pm On Jul 11
Nice
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by adekanmbi1986(m): 5:13pm On Jul 11
Okay
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by AOB1: 5:14pm On Jul 11
Okay
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by SpaceX: 5:15pm On Jul 11
Someone is getting paid.
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by Benhurr(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11
Issoright
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by 99thEnemy(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11
Did some Yaba Left residents escape?

1 Like

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by Technology14: 5:28pm On Jul 11
Okay. Kindly check my profile for your lithium batteries. fairly used 5.5kva inverter using 8 batteries also available for sale .
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 11
Noted, the closer and diversion is for limited time and it's for the betterment on reopening.

Despite all criticism and noises from some angles, Lagos keep setting the pace for others to follow.

Eko o ni ba je.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by softtorce: 5:31pm On Jul 11
Tell your Igbo father n his tribesmen to come build on flood prone areas again if the houses will not be destroyed with your life all over again.

rinzaugustine:
They had the worst flooding in history after destroying thousands of Igbo properties they said was hindering their progress in life. Worse are coming to the bitterness filled brain deads who attribute their owambe failure life to industry of the igbos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by 900warriorz: 5:35pm On Jul 11
undecided
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by Nemmuceds: 5:36pm On Jul 11
Change of route

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by rinzaugustine: 5:36pm On Jul 11
softtorce:
Tell your Igbo father n his tribesmen to come build on flood prone areas again if the houses will not be destroyed with your life all over again.

With time they will buy up all of Lagos because even if they sell Ikoyi for 2m naira a plot today you cannot afford it so you don’t need further destruction from the one generational poverty have done on you

3 Likes

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by bigdammyj: 5:37pm On Jul 11
Noted.
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by softtorce: 5:41pm On Jul 11
Your father wailing just de start but you n him own the prerogative to wail to death.

I know for a fact your father does not have a house all his wretched life but sadly for you I do n I have more than one so keep wailing.

And before you continue wailing my house is on the island, I hope that piece of information bring more tears to your fathers wretched heart.

rinzaugustine:
With time they will buy up all of Lagos because even if they sell Ikoyi for 2m naira a plot today you cannot afford it so you don’t need further destruction from the one generational poverty have done on you

1 Like

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by rinzaugustine: 5:46pm On Jul 11
softtorce:
Your father wailing just de start but you n him own the prerogative to wail to death.

I know for a fact your father does not have a house all his wretched life but sadly for you I do n I have more than one so keep wailing.

And before you continue wailing my house is on the island, I hope that piece of information bring more tears to your fathers wretched heart.

They have started buying mushin, agege and the rest of the dirty slums your people live and very soon they will chase you people back to the wretched forests of heebadan and osin you people came from

2 Likes

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by softtorce: 5:47pm On Jul 11

rinzaugustine:
They have started buying mushin, agege and the rest of the dirty slums your people live and very soon they will chase you people back to the wretched forests of heebadan and osin you people came from

1 Like

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by LilX2: 5:49pm On Jul 11
rinzaugustine:
They had the worst flooding in history after destroying thousands of Igbo properties they said was hindering their progress in life. Worse are coming to the bitterness filled brain deads who attribute their owambe failure life to industry of the igbos

Must you bring tribe to everything? What is wrong with all of you?

4 Likes

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by ajebuter(f): 5:56pm On Jul 11
Thank God l dey on Annual Leave

Because na my workplace gan- gan be that

Ope oooo

1 Like

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by rinzaugustine: 6:00pm On Jul 11
softtorce:

one thing is sure as starvation is flogging you now with koboko it is 100% certain that you will die a poor man like your father

1 Like

Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by softtorce: 6:09pm On Jul 11

rinzaugustine:
one thing is sure as starvation is flogging you now with koboko it is 100% certain that you will die a poor man like your father
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by PHAYOL81: 6:46pm On Jul 11
Noted
Re: Travel Advisory: Road Closures In Ikoyi And Yaba In Lagos by oilyngbati(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11
Ndi developers will not like this news,,,,how can the useless Lagos state government close the road that Ndi developers built and developed for lagosians?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State / Does WES (US) Accept Degree Certificate Via Fax? / Plz How Can I Get To Sierra Leone From Nigeria By Road And The Cost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.