Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria (274 Views)

Lady Blocks A Guy Who Didn't Send Her Money For Hair But Wanted Her To Visit Him / I Hope I’m Not Dating A Corporate Olosho? Help, It’s My Girlfriend & Waist Beads / Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by RickyJesus: 5:56pm On Jul 11
It is more likely that it won't be frown upon if the dread was natural, but what if I did not have during the interview but intend to show up with up one when resuming for duties.

Re: Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by chiommy123(f): 6:01pm On Jul 11
Then you don't like that job cos in Nigeria we see them as people that are not serious with their life
Re: Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by RickyJesus: 6:13pm On Jul 11
chiommy123:
Then you don't like that job cos in Nigeria we see them as people that are not serious with their life
That's a stereotype naw, can I sue them if I am fired for my looks? Maybe I need to see the company handbook first.
Re: Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by chiommy123(f): 6:22pm On Jul 11
RickyJesus:

That's a stereotype naw, can I sue them if I am fired for my looks? Maybe I need to see the company handbook first.
will they even tell you it's cos of your looks?
Re: Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by RickyJesus: 6:30pm On Jul 11
chiommy123:
will they even tell you it's cos of your looks?
It should be stated naw, if it's not stated on my termination letter they would have to explain the reason in court. I go cash out for their head.

Won't it be easier for them to tell me to just change my looks than outrightly firing me without recourse?
Re: Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:31pm On Jul 11
RickyJesus:
It is more likely that it won't be frown upon if the dread was natural, but what if I did not have during the interview but intend to show up with up one when resuming for duties.

If it is multinational tech xompany. No qualms.
One man business is a No
Nigeria is still in chains with religion and ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by Johnson225(m): 6:42pm On Jul 11
RickyJesus:

It should be stated naw, if it's not stated on my termination letter they would have to explain the reason in court. I go cash out for their head.

Won't it be easier for them to tell me to just change my looks than outrightly firing me without recourse?

Forget plenty talks bro. Dem go fire you For your looks and nothing go happen.
Wake up! Na naija you dey!

1 Like

Re: Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by RickyJesus: 6:46pm On Jul 11
Johnson225:

Forget plenty talks bro. Dem go fire you For your looks and nothing go happen.
Wake up! Na naija you dey!
My lawyer would beg to differ.
Re: Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by RealityKings: 7:23pm On Jul 11
The impression it will give them is that you are too bold and likely will be uncontrollable.
Work requires people to be controlled to enhance productivity

1 Like

Re: Can I Locked For Hair For A Corporate Job In Nigeria by RickyJesus: 8:13pm On Jul 11
RealityKings:
The impression it will give them is that you are too bold and likely will be uncontrollable.
Work requires people to be controlled to enhance productivity
I agree with this point, makes me look like an outlaw.

(1) (Reply)

Married Men, Simps & Desperate Men Destroyed Anything Correlating With Love! / I Need Burna Bit To Smash Me He Is My Crush- URIEL / Did You Do MMM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.