Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,736 members, 7,918,261 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:14 AM

Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) (1120 Views)

Tinubu Wins First LG In Akwa Ibom, Defeats Atiku, Peter Obi / Meet Man From Osun State Who Has Worked In Anambra Since 1994 (vid) / Supreme Court: 8 Nigerian Governors Brought Back By Court Since 1999 Pic n vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by XerXers: 6:55am On Jul 12
Chris Ngige, an APC chieftain was governor in 2004 when others conducted local government election but he failed to do so. After Obi came in and stabilized all the political turmoil, he conducted the first LG elections in the state since the return of democracy. Sadly, his successors could not sustain this legacy

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by shortgun(m): 7:06am On Jul 12
I realized long ago that Reno's posts about Peter Obi are misleading, filled with lies and designed to provoke reactions and drive traffic and engagement on his social media accounts.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by frndfghtr(m): 7:08am On Jul 12
Stupid reno

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by coolcharm(m): 7:09am On Jul 12
So Reno was lying all along.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by helinues: 7:11am On Jul 12
coolcharm:
So Reno was lying all along.

Peter Obi only conducted LG election in one year out of 8 years.

Even the only time he conducted the LG election, it was forced by court order as Peter Obi wasn't interested in conducting one .

Meaning Peter Obi would have been against LG autonomy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by EmeeNaka: 7:11am On Jul 12
So Abuja do not have a democratically elected local government chairman? No more free funds for Wike to fight Fubara. It's over
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by Racoon(m): 7:13am On Jul 12
Meanwhile, Reno Omokri have been dishing his bilious lies and propaganda laced with incredible lies from time immemorial. God forgive him for this bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by shortgun(m): 7:14am On Jul 12
walefresh3:
mumu person you be....As you Joli over fake news

Ode, your 30k a month to defend Tinubu go soon kee you

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by Robinmido(m): 7:17am On Jul 12
Can you provide link to this your claim
helinues:

Even the only time he conducted the LG election, it was forced by court order as Peter Obi wasn't interested in conducting one .

Meaning Obi would have been against LG autonomy

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by Babzrockman: 7:18am On Jul 12
shortgun:
I realized long ago that Reno's posts about Peter Obi are misleading, filled with lies and designed to provoke reactions and drive traffic and engagement on his social media accounts.

I left Anambra state April, 2013 and no LG elections b4 then. Obiano became governor March, 2014.. It means Mr. Peter Obi conducted election few month to his expiration of tenure out of 8 years... Not nice.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by helinues: 7:18am On Jul 12
Robinmido:
Can you provide link to this your claim

Link? Are you a noob on NL? No disrespecting

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by SmartPolician: 7:25am On Jul 12
Whether LG councils will have autonomy or not depends on state governors because the governors always rig them into office. This is the view of Professor Chidi Odinkalu, which is by far the most intelligent reaction I have seen on this SC judgment.
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by YorubaNiBaba(m): 7:25am On Jul 12
Mumu post, maybe u think this forum is full of braindead obifool's followers.... Guys, make uno fall for this faky faky thing

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by Robinmido(m): 7:29am On Jul 12
No I'm not but I really need the link. Can you help me with it?
helinues:

Link? Are you a noob on NL? No disrespecting
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by helinues: 7:29am On Jul 12
Robinmido:
No I'm not but I really need the link. Can you help me with it?

You are. We have buried that discussion severally on this forum

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by helinues: 7:30am On Jul 12
YorubaNiBaba:
Mumu post, maybe u think this forum is full of braindead obifool's followers.... Guys, make uno fall for this faky faky thing

Isn't this a confirmation that majority of the Obidients are still kids who knew nothing about Peter Obi's record as Anambra state governor.

16 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by DearDealz: 7:32am On Jul 12
Lpl
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by Paraman: 7:40am On Jul 12
SmartPolician:
Whether LG councils will have autonomy or not depends on state governors because the governors always rig them into office. This is the view of Professor Chidi Odinkalu, which is by far the most intelligent reaction I have seen on this SC judgment.
What are you trying to say?
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by seanfer(m): 7:41am On Jul 12
Obi conducted LGA election once and that was few months to the end of his 8 years as Governor of Anambra state

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by CSTRR: 7:46am On Jul 12
seanfer:
Obi conducted LGA election once and that was few months to the end of his 8 years as Governor of Anambra state
Obi has actually explained this thing before when he was asked.
It's not a simple matter.
He also accounted for local govt funds.

Besides, anybody with a brain knows that Reno has a bitter grudge against obi.
He himself has said it many times.

Unless you hate obi already irrationally, it would be foolish to base political decision on Reno's opinion.
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by seanfer(m): 7:48am On Jul 12
CSTRR:

Obi has actually explained this thing before when he was asked.
It's not a simple matter.
He also accounted for local govt funds.

Beside, anybody with a brain knows that Reno has a bitter grudge against obi.
He himself has said it many times.

Unless you hate obi already irrationally, it would be foolish to base political decision on Reno's opinion.

And you believe Obi's explanations. What happened to the LGA allocations in that 7 years he didn't conduct elections?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by CSTRR: 8:05am On Jul 12
[/code][code]
seanfer:

And you believe Obi's explanations. What happened to the LGA allocations in that 7 years he didn't conduct elections?
He also accounted for it.
He said it openly that the funds were untouched and left for the new govt.

I would believe a man that left savings without debt after his tenure than a crook like Reno omokri.
He showed proof of his accountability.

Obi has never once been invited by the efcc or icpc years after his tenure.
No political friend or foe have accused him of looting, and he has plenty of foes.

The problem with people like you is that you would leave people with good track record of accountability and start following criminal politicians.
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by mrvitalis(m): 8:48am On Jul 12
So tinubu conducted just one lga election's just like Obi
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by mrvitalis(m): 8:49am On Jul 12
seanfer:
how many did tinubu conduct sir?
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by Curious345: 8:52am On Jul 12
I sometimes think one of the mods on nairaland is an in-law to Reno.

Because I'm shocked at how barfaced lies from Reno quickly make it to front page
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by Kanixt(m): 8:56am On Jul 12
walefresh3:
mumu person you be....As you Joli over fake news

you are filled with bitterness, i pity your wife if your are married
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by Atuero(m): 8:58am On Jul 12
helinues:

Meaning Peter Obi would have been against LG autonomy

Tinubu also conducted once in 8yrs despite the fact that many of his colleagues in other states conducted their second one in year 2007, what can u say about that?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by NwaliE01: 9:15am On Jul 12
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by AcadaWriter2: 9:15am On Jul 12
So Reno was lying all along. ... Hello, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.
Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by Mopolchi: 9:37am On Jul 12
Babzrockman:

I left Anambra state April, 2013 and no LG elections b4 then. Obiano became governor March, 2014.. It means Mr. Peter Obi conducted election few month to his expiration of tenure out of 8 years... Not nice.

Did he conduct or not? That's the question. Obi conducted LGA elections in 2013. He took his time after inherting a failed government from embattled Ngige. He himself was embattled too with several disruptions like his impeachment and frustrations by a PDP-controlled house of assembly, hurriedly rushed election that brought in Andy Uba, Virgy Etiaba's stint as governor, court's interpretation of his tenure and his bid for second tenure. This was what constituted the bulk of his first tenure that made it very impossible to do any LG election in his first tenure. But in the second, which was largely uncontroversial; he conduct one LG election.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/lg-poll-anambra-set-to-end-eight-years-of-uncertainty/

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Conducted The First LG Elections in Anambra Since 1999 (pic) by seanfer(m): 9:56am On Jul 12
mrvitalis:
how many did tinubu conduct sir?
2 and he created 37 others reason why OBJ led FG refuse to pay Lagos State LGA allocation for more than 5 years.
And in those periods no single lga or LCDA workers were owned 1 month salary.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Efcc In Nigeria Are They Really Helping Matters / Cross-titutes / Nigerians! What Are We Really Talking About.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.