Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,582 members, 7,978,927 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:04 PM

The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer (7318 Views)

What Will Happen On The Day Of Resurrection? / Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah: The Tortured Scholar / 'Abdullah Ibn Salam: From Judaism To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:30am On Jul 12
“Or like the one who passed by a town in ruin up to its roofs. He said: “How will Allah ever bring it to life after its death” So Allah caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him up (again). He said: “How long did you remain (dead)” He (the man) said: “(Perhaps) I remained (dead) a day or part of a day.” He said: “Nay, you have remained (dead) for a hundred years, look at your food and your drink, they show no change; and look at your donkey! And thus We have made of you a sign for the people. Look at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh.” When this was clearly shown to him, he said, “I know (now) that Allah is able to do all things.” (Qur’an 2.259)

Allah’s statement,

(Have you not looked at him who disputed with Ibrahim about his Lord) means, “Have you seen anyone like the person who disputed with Ibrahim about his Lord” Then, Allah connected the Ayah,

(Or like the one who passed by a town in ruin up to its roofs) to the Ayah above by using `or’.

Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that `Ali bin Abi Talib said that the Ayah (2:259) meant `Uzayr. Ibn Jarir also reported it, and this explanation was also reported by Ibn Jarir and Ibn Abi Hatim from Ibn `Abbas, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, As-Suddi and Sulayman bin Buraydah.

Mujahid bin Jabr said that the Ayah refers to a man from the Children of Israel, and the village was Jerusalem, after Nebuchadnezzar destroyed it and killed its people.

(in ruin) means, it became empty of people. Allah’s statement,

(up to its roofs) indicates that the roofs and walls (of the village) fell to the ground. `Uzayr stood contemplating about what had happened to that city, after a great civilization used to inhabit it. He said,

(Oh! How will Allah ever bring it to life after its death) because of the utter destruction he saw and the implausibility of its returning to what it used to be. Allah said,

(So Allah caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him up (again).)

The city was rebuilt seventy years after the man (`Uzayr) died, and its inhabitants increased and the Children of Israel moved back to it. When Allah resurrected `Uzayr after he died, the first organ that He resurrected were his eyes, so that he could witness what Allah does with him, how He brings life back to his body. When his resurrection was complete, Allah said to him, meaning through the angel,

(“How long did you remain (dead)” He (the man) said: “(Perhaps) I remained (dead) a day or part of a day.”)

The scholars said that since the man died in the early part of the day and Allah resurrected him in the latter part of the day, when he saw that the sun was still apparent, he thought that it was the sun of that very day. He said,

(“Or part of a day. ” He said: “Nay, you have remained (dead) for a hundred years, look at your food and your drink, they show no change.”)

He had grapes, figs and juice, and he found them as he left them; neither did the juice spoil nor the figs become bitter nor the grapes rot.

(And look at your donkey!), “How Allah brings it back to life while you are watching.”

(And thus We have made of you a sign for the people) that Resurrection occurs.

(Look at the bones, how We Nunshizuha) meaning, collect them and put them back together. In his Mustadrak, Al-Hakim, recorded that Kharijah bin Zayd bin Thabit said that his father said that the Messenger of Allah read this Ayah,

(how We Nunshizuha.) Al-Hakim said; “Its chain is Sahih and they (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) did not record it.” The Ayah was also read,

(نُنْشِرُهَا)

“Nunshiruha” meaning, bring them back to life, as Mujahid stated.

(And clothe them with flesh. )

As-Suddi said, ” `Uzayr observed the bones of his donkey, which were scattered all around him to his right and left, and Allah sent a wind that collected the bones from all over the area. Allah then brought every bone to its place, until they formed a full donkey made of fleshless bones. Allah then covered these bones with flesh, nerves, veins and skin. Allah sent an angel who blew life in the donkeys’ nostrils, and the donkey started to bray by Allah’s leave.” All this occurred while `Uzayr was watching, and this is when he proclaimed,

(He said, “I know (now) that Allah is able to do all things,”) meaning, “I know that, and I did witness it with my own eyes. Therefore, I am the most knowledgeable in this matter among the people of my time.”

Source: Tafseer Ibn Kathir, Surah Baqarah, Ayah 259, Dar-us-salam English Publication
https://abdurrahman.org/2017/11/22/the-story-of-uzayr-witnessing-how-the-resurrection-of-dead-occurs/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by icekidmuktar(m): 10:46am On Jul 12
Allahu Akbar!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by kolaj18: 10:47am On Jul 12
Aliamdulilah

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by olatwo(m): 10:48am On Jul 12
🙏
Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by koms: 10:49am On Jul 12
Lol

Funny

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by Otolomo1(m): 11:00am On Jul 12
I know and believes that Allah is able to do all things
Rashduct4luv:
“Or like the one who passed by a town in ruin up to its roofs. He said: “How will Allah ever bring it to life after its death” So Allah caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him up (again). He said: “How long did you remain (dead)” He (the man) said: “(Perhaps) I remained (dead) a day or part of a day.” He said: “Nay, you have remained (dead) for a hundred years, look at your food and your drink, they show no change; and look at your donkey! And thus We have made of you a sign for the people. Look at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh.” When this was clearly shown to him, he said, “I know (now) that Allah is able to do all things.” (Qur’an 2.259)

Allah’s statement,

(Have you not looked at him who disputed with Ibrahim about his Lord) means, “Have you seen anyone like the person who disputed with Ibrahim about his Lord” Then, Allah connected the Ayah,

(Or like the one who passed by a town in ruin up to its roofs) to the Ayah above by using `or’.

Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that `Ali bin Abi Talib said that the Ayah (2:259) meant `Uzayr. Ibn Jarir also reported it, and this explanation was also reported by Ibn Jarir and Ibn Abi Hatim from Ibn `Abbas, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, As-Suddi and Sulayman bin Buraydah.

Mujahid bin Jabr said that the Ayah refers to a man from the Children of Israel, and the village was Jerusalem, after Nebuchadnezzar destroyed it and killed its people.

(up to its roofs) indicates that the roofs and walls (of the village) fell to the ground. `Uzayr stood contemplating about what had happened to that city, after a great civilization used to inhabit it. He said,

(Oh! How will Allah ever bring it to life after its death) because of the utter destruction he saw and the implausibility of its returning to what it used to be. Allah said,

The city was rebuilt seventy years after the man (`Uzayr) died, and its inhabitants increased and the Children of Israel moved back to it. When Allah resurrected `Uzayr after he died, the first organ that He resurrected were his eyes, so that he could witness what Allah does with him, how He brings life back to his body. When his resurrection was complete, Allah said to him, meaning through the angel,

(“How long did you remain (dead)” He (the man) said: “(Perhaps) I remained (dead) a day or part of a day.”)

The scholars said that since the man died in the early part of the day and Allah resurrected him in the latter part of the day, when he saw that the sun was still apparent, he thought that it was the sun of that very day. He said,

(“Or part of a day. ” He said: “Nay, you have remained (dead) for a hundred years, look at your food and your drink, they show no change.”)

He had grapes, figs and juice, and he found them as he left them; neither did the juice spoil nor the figs become bitter nor the grapes rot.

(And look at your donkey!), “How Allah brings it back to life while you are watching.”

(Look at the bones, how We Nunshizuha) meaning, collect them and put them back together. In his Mustadrak, Al-Hakim, recorded that Kharijah bin Zayd bin Thabit said that his father said that the Messenger of Allah read this Ayah,

(how We Nunshizuha.) Al-Hakim said; “Its chain is Sahih and they (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) did not record it.” The Ayah was also read,

(نُنْشِرُهَا)

As-Suddi said, ” `Uzayr observed the bones of his donkey, which were scattered all around him to his right and left, and Allah sent a wind that collected the bones from all over the area. Allah then brought every bone to its place, until they formed a full donkey made of fleshless bones. Allah then covered these bones with flesh, nerves, veins and skin. Allah sent an angel who blew life in the donkeys’ nostrils, and the donkey started to bray by Allah’s leave.” All this occurred while `Uzayr was watching, and this is when he proclaimed,

(He said, “I know (now) that Allah is able to do all things,”) meaning, “I know that, and I did witness it with my own eyes. Therefore, I am the most knowledgeable in this matter among the people of my time.”

Source: Tafseer Ibn Kathir, Surah Baqarah, Ayah 259, Dar-us-salam English Publication
https://abdurrahman.org/2017/11/22/the-story-of-uzayr-witnessing-how-the-resurrection-of-dead-occurs/

5 Likes

Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by Shomek(m): 11:02am On Jul 12
Eyah continue
Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by JoeEeL(m): 11:02am On Jul 12
"E be like say them want to yarn, another story again o" - Soul E.
Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by JoeEeL(m): 11:03am On Jul 12
saddler:
grin

If you believe this story and you dont believe that the tortoise fell from the sky and crashed its shell, then you have been brainwashed.

In the times past, all human ancestors had superstitions and myths. All Nigerian tribes have theirs.

But today, many of us dont believe them anymore.

There is no difference between the myths we no longer believe and this story told above, the difference is brainwashing and indoctrination.

Dont stress urself. If u told me I won't meet my 72 sexy virgins in aljannah that I've been taught since I was born, do you think I'll take it easy with u?

No nah. To believe these myths, especially these middle-east stories, I just need to suppress my commonsense a little, even though I'm an adult and like the black man that I am, submit myself more to sentiments instead of logic.

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by ZekeYeager: 11:14am On Jul 12
These people are so obsessed with twisting and making nonsense of the Bible and Biblical narratives to force it into their zero IQ fantasy grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by BayoBola(m): 11:37am On Jul 12
Allahu Akbar

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by Rexymania(m): 11:59am On Jul 12
I believe this story

If you disbelief, your Islam has spoilt. In Christianity, if you disbelief, you sin against the holy spirit, which sin can never be forgiven

Be careful what you say
Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by BabaAgba79(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12
Rashduct4luv:

Allah’s statement,

(نُنْشِرُهَا)

All these are Arabian tales! Just like the Bible, they are mare tales! Live your life. Eat and drink, be moderate in all things so u do not die early. No resurrection of the dead! No judgement! Only darkness!

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by PHAYOL81: 7:24pm On Jul 12
Jazakallah khaera
Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by mamaafrik(m): 10:35pm On Jul 12
I need a Muslim to tell me why and how a prophet that wrote the holy book was Bewitched by power of spell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-_l_UaHYQ?si=UIZncpUJhKbb6p9B
Re: The Story Of Uzayr Witnessing How The Resurrection Of Dead Occurs – Ibn Katheer by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:04am On Jul 13
BabaAgba79:

All these are Arabian tales! Just like the Bible, they are mare tales! Live your life. Eat and drink, be moderate in all things so u do not die early. No resurrection of the dead! No judgement! Only darkness!

We pray you won't die before you regain insight.
We are living our life, eating and drinking in Islam with moderation! And no one can die earlier than the time destined for him/her!

Just wait till then!

(1) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari's Death, Lesson For All / How To Dress For Salat / The Importance of Tawakkul in the Life of a Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.