Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,001 members, 7,919,196 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:54 PM

Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs (9519 Views)

FG Releases N6.25 Billion For Cattle Ranches In Katsina / Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request / Nigeria’s Loans From World Bank, AfDB Rise To $14.25 Billion Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by adamusuleiman1: 5:39pm On Jul 12
Lagos State Government has disbursed about N25 billion in grants and loans to Small and Medium Enterprises, SMEs, through the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund, LSETF, to enhance productivity and economic growth in the state.

Governor Bababjide Sanwo-Olu disclosed this at a parley on Thursday during the 2024 Business Day Newspaper CEO Forum, with the theme “Governors in Conversation-Innovative Governance: Steering States through Economic Turbulence,” at Victoria Island, Lagos.

The Governor, who was represented by the Deputy Governor, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, stated that the grants and loans have helped to empower entrepreneurs to flourish in doing their businesses and stimulate the economy.

According to Sanwo-Olu, “The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund over the past six years has given out close to twenty-five billion in terms of grants and assisting people with loans.

“In this case, single-digit loans were offered to them to sustain and train them on how to manage their businesses.”

Sanwo-Olu said the state government also helped them to source products, have access to the market, and help them to interact with NAFDAC, BOI, CAC, and Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) among other agencies for them to understand how to run their businesses within the framework of the laws.

“It is for us to create those types of environments that allow private people to run their businesses and create jobs for the future,” Sanwo-Olu stated.

He added that all those initiatives are what the government does to ensure that businesses within the state rise, noting that his administration aimed to enhance the Nano SMEs and provide access to grants and loans for their businesses to continue to thrive and succeed.

Sanwo-Olu stated further that his administration is committed to the ease of doing business, enhancing businesses, and helping the citizens to grow.

“These are the goals of our administration as embedded in the T.H.E.M.E.S+ developmental agenda with the ‘M’ Making Lagos a 21st Century Economy,” he said.

The governor highlighted some of his administration’s initiatives to create an enabling environment for business development which include: Knowledge, Innovation, Technology and Employment (KITE), a hub that houses younger people who don’t have funds to access an office or shop to operate.”

He also listed Lagos State Science and Research Innovation Council, LASRIC, for Fintech and other technology-driven businesses; Lagos Financial Center which creates a zone for financial services, among other initiatives.

Sanwo-Olu, also informed that his government is creating the largest food hub in Imota, which will allow the government to aggregate what comes into the state and also aid proper food storage and food security in the State, stressing that all those initiatives enable young people to bring out creative ideas that help them to develop such into reality by giving them the needed support.

“It’s gratifying that young people are creating jobs using the initiative of the state government like the LASRIC, for fintech and other technology-driven businesses, so this is the environment we are creating” Sanwo-Olu stated.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/lagos-govt-disburses-n25bn-as-grants-loans-to-smes/

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by optimistfeel(m): 6:18pm On Jul 12
This is commendable....
Second FTC of the year in the month I was born..... Glory!!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by fintechx: 6:19pm On Jul 12
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by xhamel89: 6:19pm On Jul 12
/
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by FalseProphet1(m): 6:19pm On Jul 12
I need this loan to expand my spiritual center. I must buy a private jet this year.

This I have seen.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by Bethel4Life(f): 6:19pm On Jul 12
They are trying

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by Obakoolex(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12
Waooo. Great news!

Lagos should be declared a country inside a country grin

67 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by Starboytwo(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12
Why all this money no dey reach my side.

5 kobo.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by chroniclesss(m): 6:22pm On Jul 12
Abeg how i fit apply?...abi dem don share the money finish ? I need it to boost my bussiness 😔

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by opamoses1: 6:22pm On Jul 12
Onward ever backward never. Thank God Lagos rejected GRV.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by godwon01(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12
This money supposed to go round the entire country if it was distributed as discussed. I don't think the money was distributed evenly to the grass root. May God safe us.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by Hemanwel(m): 6:24pm On Jul 12
The money has even been disbursed a long time ago. We, who are just hearing about it came late.

BTW:

Nigerian governors been using LG funds to buga since 1900. Supreme Court finally nipped the illegality in the bud!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by UpaIweka: 6:24pm On Jul 12
Imagine the foolish GRV would have been lamenting about gutter as a governor. I wonder why ipob don't want him as Abia givenror.

opamoses1:
Onward ever backward never. Thank God Lagos rejected GRV.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by 99thEnemy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 12
UpaIweka:
Imagine the foolish GRV would have been lamenting about gutter as a governor. I wonder why ipob don't want him as Abia givenror.

I thought only his mother is Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by givedemwotowoto: 6:27pm On Jul 12
cheesy
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by sammirano: 6:30pm On Jul 12
Sanwo olu is tief. This guys fraud pass Obi own.
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by Tjra: 6:30pm On Jul 12
sammirano:
Sanwo olu is tief. This guys fraud pass Obi own.
Person dey wey thief reach Obi for this Naija? Fear God ooo

Obi that worked with Abacha whose looted funds is still being repatriated till tomorrow?

That guy is in a class of his own. Agba scammer

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by bigdammyj: 6:31pm On Jul 12
Noted.
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by Newton1045: 6:32pm On Jul 12
Pls let stop this nepa billing. 4unit, 1000 naira.
Haba.
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 12
To who exactly
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by jjflyj11: 6:33pm On Jul 12
Lagos is working….Commendable

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:33pm On Jul 12
Lagos, simply Center Of Excellence.
Eko o ni ba je.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by BuharisBoy: 6:34pm On Jul 12
Waste
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by aywagze(m): 6:34pm On Jul 12
I never see alert o ..🤔

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by omoredia: 6:34pm On Jul 12
Because they cant reason they think solving problems is all about throw around money.
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by omoredia: 6:35pm On Jul 12
Fools will say they need more money when in actual fact what they should be asking for is more sense
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by Eriokanmi: 6:39pm On Jul 12
Disburses....to who and who? No names? How and when did they apply ? Lool @ LSETF

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by mytime24(f): 6:42pm On Jul 12
Otilo
Re: Lagos State Disburses ₦‎25 Billion As Grants, Loans To SMEs by EmekaBlue(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12
Hiss

I never chop government money before...why?!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Not For Everyone – El-rufai / LASG Presents Cheques To Deceased Families Of RRS Officers / Bayelsa Poll: INEC Conducted One Of The Best Elections Ever, Says Gov Diri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.