Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Frsc: The New Driver’s Licenseand Number Plates Controversy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Frsc: The New Driver’s Licenseand Number Plates Controversy (1011 Views)

FRSC Officer Returns Money Recovered From Accident Victim (photo) / Driver Strips Unclad To Resist FRSC Arrest (picture) / New Driver's License For #14,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frsc: The New Driver’s Licenseand Number Plates Controversy by ybase2: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2011
For a country that will be contending with fuel subsidy removal, increase electricity bill and others in 2012, FRSC is rushing forward to implement a policy that will snatch NGN21, 000 from certified and qualified driver who own a vehicle. They said It is even costlier for higher grades of vehicles.
read more and leave your comments :[url=http://businessnews.com.ng/2011/12/01/frsc-the-new-driver’s-licenseand-number-plates-controversy/]businessnews.com.ng/2011/12/01/frsc-the-new-driver’s-licenseand-number-plates-controversy/[/url]
Re: Frsc: The New Driver’s Licenseand Number Plates Controversy by n3rve(m): 10:15am On Dec 01, 2011
Also, the process involved in acquiring new driver’s license is just cumbersome. One has to fillin the accreditation identification on the web page, paying to a bank, visiting the Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) for signature on the form, driving tests at the VIO’s office, passing which you go to the FRSC office for physical capture. If you pass you get a temporary license for 15 to 30 days then you visit the VIO’s office to collect the new license.

In my honest opinion, it's about time. Those processes are very welcome, and is similar to the process of acquiring licenses in other developed countries. The only issue might be the cost of acquiring the license, I think it's a bit steep, for the average wage slave, IMO. Besides that, I welcome this development, it will definitely bring order and improve safety on our roads.
Re: Frsc: The New Driver’s Licenseand Number Plates Controversy by tayoast(m): 10:19am On Dec 01, 2011
[n3rve]:

In my honest opinion, it's about time. Those processes are very welcome, and is similar to the process of acquiring licenses in other developed countries. The only issue might be the cost of acquiring the license, I think it's a bit steep, for the average wage slave, IMO. Besides that, I welcome this development, it will definitely bring order and improve safety on our roads.

How?
Re: Frsc: The New Driver’s Licenseand Number Plates Controversy by n3rve(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2011
tayo_ast:

How?

A good majority of drivers on Nigerian roads are not qualified drivers. Considering that they'll examine every license holder before issuing the card, we should begin to see improved driving coordination on our roads.
Re: Frsc: The New Driver’s Licenseand Number Plates Controversy by tayoast(m): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2011
[n3rve]:

A good majority of drivers on Nigerian roads are not qualified drivers. Considering that they'll examine every license holder before issuing the card, we should begin to see improved driving coordination on our roads.

They will? Are u sure? cheesy
Re: Frsc: The New Driver’s Licenseand Number Plates Controversy by badesco(m): 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2011
Frsc has every right to introduce any good measure that will improved the already battered image on our roads, but does have right to impose any unnecessary charges on motorists as in case of New Drivers License, which average Nigerians consider to be too expensive to obtain.

(1) (Reply)

Men Suits (kenneth Cole, Etc) And Original T.M. Lewin Ties For Sale At Wholesale / Share Your 20-12-2012 PICTURES Here!! / Moved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.