Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,541 members, 7,951,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:23 PM

Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! (294 Views)

Obi: What Soyinka Is Doing Now Is Attempted Distraction — Datti Ahmed / JUST-IN: Prof Soyinka Is Dead / JUST-IN: Prof Soyinka Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! by WakeUpNigerians: 7:03pm On Jul 12
I am sure by now Nigerians know who are Leaders and who are Opressors. While the masses are suffering and crying due to widespread inflation. Prof Wole Soyinka is having a field day with the oppressing govt and taking all the blessings.

Are these leaders or oppressors?!

2 Likes

Re: Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! by ElSudani: 7:08pm On Jul 12
As an internet troll, nobody will remember you or whatever you think you are doing here in the next 24 hours.
Just a waste of time you can never get back.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! by mrvitalis(m): 7:12pm On Jul 12
WakeUpNigerians:
I am sure by now Nigerians know who are Leaders and who are Opressors. While the masses are suffering and crying due to widespread inflation. Prof Wole Soyinka is having a field day with the oppressing govt and taking all the blessings.

Are these leaders or oppressors?!
The truth is I'm happy for internet

Yorubas would be out if power sooner or later... Relax.. They just exposed themselves

From pastors to islamic scholars to traditional rulers to social commentors

Even sowore... That one has attacked obi more than tinubu

Politics is a long long marathon

2 Likes

Re: Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! by kedeojo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 12
mrvitalis:

The truth is I'm happy for internet

Yorubas would be out if power sooner or later... Relax.. They just exposed themselves

From pastors to islamic scholars to traditional rulers to social commentors

Even sowore... That one has attacked obi more than tinubu

Politics is a long long marathon
So is now a crime to recognize a global icon. You people should be celebrating like the people who in a local government in Abia for autonomy given to LGA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! by mrvitalis(m): 7:24pm On Jul 12
kedeojo:
So is now a crime to recognize a global icon. You people should be celebrating like the people who in a local government in Abia for autonomy given to LGA.
I know it's hard for a hypocrite to see hypocrisy sha
But

You mean same man that protested against Jonathan government? But now mute on this government that's 100 times worse

This is why people like me would always rate Achebe higher... Achebe rejected all national awards given to him because he didn't believe in the government

1 Like

Re: Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! by SmartPolician: 7:54pm On Jul 12
ElSudani:
As an internet troll, nobody will remember you or whatever you think you are doing here in the next 24 hours.
Just a waste of time you can never get back.
How does this NONSENSE you wrote here change the fact that Soyinka called Patience Jonathan all sorts of name, said that Buhari was incompetent and watches Tinubu destroy Nigeria's economy and still keeps quiet?

1 Like

Re: Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! by BlackfireX: 8:04pm On Jul 12
grin

Professor gbajue
Re: Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:10pm On Jul 12
mrvitalis:

I know it's hard for a hypocrite to see hypocrisy sha
But

You mean same man that protested against Jonathan government? But now mute on this government that's 100 times worse

This is why people like me would always rate Achebe higher... Achebe rejected all national awards given to him because he didn't believe in the government

Chinua Achebe is infact the definition of BLUNT. His thoughts and expressions in writing are indeed BRUTALLY BLUNT.

When you read the words of truth below in his book, 'THERE WAS A COUNTRY', emphasis on the red highlight.

He wrote,
grin

I will be the first to concede that the Igbo as a group is not without its flaws. Its success can and did carry deadly penalties: the dangers of hubris, overweening pride, and thoughtlessness, which invite envy and hatred or, even worse, than can obsess the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of crude showiness. There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness.[color=#990000][/color]”

That is how BLUNT Achebe was. Who could have said it better than an Igbo man by the name CHINUA ACHEBE.

9 Likes

Re: Interesting! Only Wole Soyinka Is Enjoying Nigeria As It Is! by WakeUpNigerians: 2:39am On Jul 13
I believe Nigerians are getting wiser by the day!

(1) (Reply)

DSS Identifies Sponsors Of Aug. 1 Protest, Warns Against Action / Once Again, An Appeal To President Bola Tinubu / Hunger Protest Is Uniting Nigeria - Arewa Activists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.