Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:49 PM

Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom (8062 Views)

Suspected Robbers Shoot Benue Poly Lecturer Dead For Daring Them / Gunmen Kidnap Itemuagbor Ex-NBA Chairman, Kill Wife, Demand N50 Million / Gunmen Kidnap A Man In Lafia, Murder Him (Viewers Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by References1: 9:04pm On Jul 12
Gunmen have abducted three staff members including the acting Rector of Benue State Polytechnic, Ugbokolo, Dr. Emmanuel Barki.

According to a report, Barki, two other management staff of the institution and their driver were kidnapped on their way to Ugbokolo after an official assignment in Makurdi, the state capital, on Thursday.

It was gathered that the abductors kidnapped them along the Otukpo/Otukpa Road.

However, one of the victims was released due to ill health.

A source close to the rector’s family who did not want to be mentioned as he was unauthorised to speak on the matter, said the kidnappers made contact with the family and demanded a N70 million ransom.

The immediate past Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, Benue State chapter, Augustine Leva visited the family of the acting rector on Friday as he prayed for the immediate release of the victims.

The former CAN chairman called on the state government to improve the security situation of the state so that residents of the state can heave a sigh of relief.

The spokesman for the state police command, Catherine Anene confirmed the abduction of the rector and two others and said that investigation was ongoing.

“Incident confirmed and investigation is ongoing,” Anene said in a terse statement.

Also confirming the kidnap, the Security Adviser to the state governor, Joseph Har said he was not aware of any ransom demand.

Har said, “The incident happened but I’m not aware they demanded ransom but security men are combining the bushes to rescue them.”

In late May 2024, two female students of the Joseph Sarwuan University of Agriculture, Makurdi, were kidnapped by gunmen, as confirmed by the state police command.

https://punchng.com/kidnappers-abduct-benue-poly-rector-others-demand-n70m/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3VXInlKMcgH9AsNC7QNiUapKVt05Tt2jHoAYyZEa07QP0JO4wHn3TDwzE_aem_M7KD7GISl7DvZjptuBs1wQ

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Darlingjay1: 9:10pm On Jul 12
Hahha 😸
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Mikelarteta(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12
First to comment. Hit the like button pls.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by aylive02(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12

Tinubu himself said na revolution this country need. But the druggie sef no ready to lose that seat

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by BigDawsNet: 9:37pm On Jul 12
Nigerians deserves to have access to Second Amendment to the United States Constitution…

That’s is the only way they can secure their selfs and family as our police are not available for response unit

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Okortor: 9:37pm On Jul 12
The hustle is real... hardship bitting really hard. The president needs to address this food crisis. I don too send many urgent 2k give people yet they keep coming... currently I've got almost 40plus unread messages regarding financial assistance. Me too have my own problems naw

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by spartachico(m): 9:38pm On Jul 12
When will this kidnap ends ?
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Meshben10: 9:38pm On Jul 12
When will they kidnap the governor of the state

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by juwoonn(m): 9:38pm On Jul 12
There was a country....😭
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Melagros(m): 9:39pm On Jul 12
COMRADES, this is serious, if government continues treating these criminals with kids gloves, one day they'll overpower the government

Because he who steals for you, shall definitely one day steal from you

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Chikel20000(m): 9:39pm On Jul 12
Dis is bad
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by NothingDoMe: 9:39pm On Jul 12
Melagros:
COMRADES, this is serious, if government continues treating these criminals with kids gloves, one day they'll overpower the government
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by jetguy(m): 9:39pm On Jul 12
Coward kidnapper's undecided they didn't see politicians

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by pitroski(m): 9:41pm On Jul 12
What is this government doing

Is it a crime to be a nigerian citizen
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by IamANigerianMan: 9:41pm On Jul 12
References1:

https://punchng.com/kidnappers-abduct-benue-poly-rector-others-demand-n70m/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3VXInlKMcgH9AsNC7QNiUapKVt05Tt2jHoAYyZEa07QP0JO4wHn3TDwzE_aem_M7KD7GISl7DvZjptuBs1wQ
When Davido gathered these boys protesting against SARS I know many people go collect... I am always with my service pristol, I mediately I retired I will leave Nigeria for those that spoiled it.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by franchasofficia: 9:42pm On Jul 12
I can't wait to hear that they kidnapped a Governor, or a serving Minister or even the Vice President so that these vagabonds destroying Nigeria in the name of politics will sit up shocked
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by WikeTheDrunk(f): 9:43pm On Jul 12
This is the same country foolish Tinibu is expecting foreign investors to come to

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by BABANGBALI: 9:45pm On Jul 12
Another one
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by iwaeda: 9:46pm On Jul 12
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Dshocker(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12
Omo, it seems kidnapping industry is the highest and fastest employer of labour in Nigeria, and cannot ene anytime soon.

Na government policies dey make people venture into this occupation of kidnapping.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Judolisco(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12
Kidnapping has now turned into a full time business dat people are now kidnapping themselves... I'm sure the idiots dat ganged up against Jonathan's administration will take d regret to their graves... It wasn't dis bad
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by BABANGBALI: 9:46pm On Jul 12
franchasofficia:
I can't wait to hear that they kidnapped a Governor, or a serving Minister or even the Vice President so that these vagabonds destroying Nigeria in the name of politics will sit up shocked
my own is the president himself. I want him to be kidnapped
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by EmekaBlue(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12
Money

Everyone needs slot of it. Na d mind to get it either legally or illegally remains
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Hezzyluv: 9:47pm On Jul 12
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by nwakibie3(m): 9:47pm On Jul 12
Okortor:
The hustle is real... hardship bitting really hard. The president needs to address this food crisis. I don too send many urgent 2k give people yet they keep coming... currently I've got almost 40plus unread messages regarding financial assistance. Me too have my own problems naw

Bro you not alone on this. I hardly pick calls these days. Honestly, I don tire

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by TechCapon(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12
grin

So many people have become billionaires because of this kidnapping business grin
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Leemzyy(f): 9:48pm On Jul 12
BABANGBALI:
Haba na don't you know we re related?
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by Tayorshd87: 9:49pm On Jul 12
Make Dem kill am na ..

Na where educated family won see 70Milliom
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by franchasofficia: 9:54pm On Jul 12
BABANGBALI:
That one is not possible with his 150 armed car convoy, Emilokan cannot can at all cheesy

Baba occult, him no go de for the convoy that day, you don't really understand their level of occultism lipsrsealed
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Benue Poly Rector Emmanuel Barki, Demand ₦70M Ransom by ppogba: 9:55pm On Jul 12
TechCapon:
grin

So many people have become billionaires because of this kidnapping business grin

They will soon meet their Waterloo like the 9 billionaires did in Lagos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers / Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others / Bauchi Blast: Remains Of The Female Suicide Bomber (Pics)

Viewing this topic: DMattho(m), Dulaki and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.