Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,843 members, 7,902,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 02:18 PM

GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent (844 Views)

Bank Account Opened Without My Consent / Someone Used Me As A Guarantor On An Online Platform Without My Consent / Armed Robbers Attack Gtbank In Surulere, Lagos In Broad Daylight, Shoot Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by Abemy(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12
An illegal account has been opened in my name, using my correct BVN bearing name, phone number and email address, without myself, applying for such.

I have been sent the new account number, both by text message and email.

How do I handle this fraud?
Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by haphizz57(m): 9:44pm On Jul 12
Block every means of withdrawal from d acct at first. Is dia any money in dia?
Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by Abemy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 12
haphizz57:
Block every means of withdrawal from d acct at first. Is dia any money in dia?

There is no money in it, I was demanded in the messages ro make at least a N1100 deposit for my ATM card. The account I was told, can not have more than N300k balance and not more than N50k per transaction.

Attempt to use USSD to access the account was denied, I was asked to visit the bank.

What kind of fraud is this?
Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by Abemy(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12
How can this be moved to front page?

Admins, help.
Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by Ebigwei007: 10:34pm On Jul 12
Lolz, if you go to the bank, they will ask you about the signature? And many other questions

1 Like

Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by haphizz57(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12
Abemy:

There is no money in it, I was demanded in the messages ro make at least a N1100 deposit for my ATM card. The account I was told, can not have more than N300k balance and not more than N50k per transaction.

Attempt to use USSD to access the account was denied, I was asked to visit the bank.

What kind of fraud is this?
Av u bn to d bank to verify?
Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by Abemy(m): 11:38pm On Jul 12
haphizz57:

Av u bn to d bank to verify?

No.

1 Like

Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by Abemy(m): 11:40pm On Jul 12
Ebigwei007:
Lolz, if you go to the bank, they will ask you about the signature? And many other questions

I didn't authorize it's opening in the first place.
Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by EasternActivist: 5:40am On Jul 13
Sue them with 1 billion charge

1 Like

Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by haphizz57(m): 7:55am On Jul 13
Abemy:

No.
Do dat first

1 Like

Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by adamma24: 8:14am On Jul 13
Abemy:

Go to the bank and close the account....better be safe than sorry...

1 Like

Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by DesChyko: 10:43am On Jul 13
The same here. I've messaged them countless times for them to resolve it the way they opened it without me being there at any point but they've done nothing about it, since last year, up until this year.

Stupid bank.

Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by alezzy13: 2:27pm On Jul 13
Hmm. Na wa o
Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by MMWandali: 3:38pm On Jul 13
Abemy:
An illegal account has been opened in my name, using my correct BVN bearing name, phone number and email address, without myself, applying for such.

I have been sent the new account number, both by text message and email.

How do I handle this fraud?

Why not go and report to the CBN office in your state, or their online channel and to the efcc

If u want to cash out get a lawyer

1 Like

Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by Jakumo(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13
MMWandali:

Why not go and report to the CBN office in your state, or their online channel and to the efcc

If u want to cash out get a lawyer

Such fraudulently opened accounts could be used to launder the proceeds of crime which in turn could lead to the person whose name was used for such a caper being arrested by the police or the EFCC. A visit to the bank is essential before things get out of hand.
Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 13
Abemy:

Same thing happened to me.
Re: GTBANK Opened Account In My Name Without My Consent by chypotenti(m): 1:33pm On Jul 15
Na one marketer wey dey try meet him target open the account... If you know you know grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Yet Another Bullion Van Attack In Anambra / NPA Scams - Bode George, 5 Others Goes To Prison. / just me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.