Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,466 members, 7,891,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:52 PM

FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations (9464 Views)

FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech / FG Awards Zinox Technologies Over N85bn 2023 Digital Census Contract / FG Awards N206bn Contract For Main Work Of Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by IamObidientBut: 8:20am On Jul 13
Na wah
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by dalongjnr: 8:26am On Jul 13
Nice one
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by kclee(m): 8:34am On Jul 13
Na wao, certain set of people have corruptly been chopping Nigerian crude oil for over 60yrs..
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by kclee(m): 8:40am On Jul 13
Xox1945:
Corruption looting continues
$21million for just metering
Tinubu is well known thief
Nigeria is under complete state capture.

If you know the volume of crude oil and amount in dollars been stolen daily from Nigerian oil field, you wouldn't be saying this...
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by treatise: 8:40am On Jul 13

1 Like

Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by Midex88(m): 8:49am On Jul 13
Xox1945:
Corruption looting continues
$21million for just metering
Tinubu is well known thief
Nigeria is under complete state capture.

Wailing is in your DNA... Animal
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by Elsueno: 9:12am On Jul 13
Abagworo:
Without metering how have we been measuring our oil export all these years? Reality is that no 3rd World oil producing country can be allowed to measure their oil cause it will disrupt global economy that depends on mostly free crude from developing countries. This attempt will be resisted by them using unconventional means.

Dude, this kind of lazy thinking is getting stale, majority of oil producing country including developing ones have oil measuring meters, That 9ja leadership is full of incompetent & corrupt people who prefer to take crumbs instead of insist of what would benefit the whole country isn't the white man's fault...Trust me, I don't even like the white men, but even in evil activities, these guys are very meticulous
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by middlebelter(m): 9:19am On Jul 13
Arostar2023:
This is like a case of putting the cart before the horse. This is a country without working institutions. Where any and everything goes. Someone will bypass the meters and nothing will happen. This is an exercise in futility unless the metering would be manned and monitored by a foreign company not affiliated in any way to our politicians.

Naija man, you trust Oyinbo more than your country's people. Who told you Oyinbo can't be compromised? They are all human
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by ebenholer(m): 9:51am On Jul 13
To be honest, I always find it absurd to announce a project that has been kicked off...so ministers should always wait for the kicking off of a project before making a public announcement about it.
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by Mrexcell(m): 10:05am On Jul 13
After decades of crude oil exploration it's now they remembered to do the needful well better late than never. This is something that other sane oil producing countries have since done.
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by commoditiesnig: 10:10am On Jul 13
Very good initiative
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by Baxilexi(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13
Now, we are cooking with gas.

We should all support this move, Jonathan tried but couldn’t do it.
More than 2 million barrels of crude oil is lifted off Nigerian soil on a daily.

It’s going to be a though battle to implement (saboteurs in every nook and cranny) but here lies Mr Tinubu’s first major achievement/medal. Regaining full control over our oil sector.
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by benjaminlawson(m): 2:48pm On Jul 13
All those who are in charge of our oil over the years that allowed our oil to be exploited and transported without meter to know the actual quantities sold should be arrested and put to jail including present nnpcl GMD. To serve as a lesson to others that, one needs to be diligent and prudent in the management of our national resources.
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by Arostar2023: 5:10pm On Jul 13
middlebelter:

Naija man, you trust Oyinbo more than your country's people. Who told you Oyinbo can't be compromised? They are all human

Humans are same all over the world. What make the difference are the laws and institutions regulating the society. Oyinbos have working systems and can mostly be held accountable for their actions even in foreign lands.
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by fabolouz1(m): 8:31pm On Jul 13
When was the do called contract published for biding ? Public officials just look at ways to defraud Nation.
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by 10thTenthMan: 2:02am On Jul 14
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There are Meters in these facilities.

Someone has just won a huge contract and I am jealous.

How I wish I am close to Heineken and Komolafe and Gbajabiamila.
Re: FG Awards $21 Million Contract To Meter 187 Oil Stations by BALLOSKI: 4:10am On Jul 14
chrisxxx:
Someone is somewhere thinking how to somehow bypass the metering.
As if you dey my mind. I hope the configuration is such that, from the tracking center, once the meter is touched, they can see.

You need a team to be monitoring 24/7 and any act of bypass should be met with severe punishment.

This is how our oil sector is being run for decades. No one truly knows how much we produce every day - they just give us figures. Back in the university, my lecturer said we might be producing more than 3 million back then, but we're the only country where people come to steal crude with vessel.

Sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Return Igbinedion’s Loot, Edo Government Tells EFCC / EFCC Has Powers To Investigate Benue State Accounts – Court / INEC Officials Colluding With Gov Emmanuel, Akpabio Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.