Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,076 members, 7,987,812 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 05:25 PM

Local Government Financial Autonomy: Right Step In The Right Direction-fadojoe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Local Government Financial Autonomy: Right Step In The Right Direction-fadojoe (108 Views)

Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary / Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary / Hidden Reason Senators Back Financial Autonomy For Lgs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Local Government Financial Autonomy: Right Step In The Right Direction-fadojoe by Newsreel24: 10:34am On Jul 13
Local Government Financial Autonomy: The Right Step in the Right Direction
-Fadojoe

The leader of Rescue Movement for New Nigeria aka Rescue The Vulnerable Initiative and a Presidential Aspirant under Labour Party, Comrade Faduri Oluwadare Joseph popularly called Fadojoe, has hailed both the Judiciary and the Executive on the declaration on the affirmation of local governments’ financial autonomy and the declaration caretaker committees as illegal.

Describing it as "the right step in the right direction", Fadojoe asserts that "it is long overdue" adding that it will not only make the local government independence, but it will also help "in bringing noticable and far reaching development to the people as the local government is the tier of the government closest to the people and that can directly best impact the masses.

"We give this to the President Bola Ahmed Tinubu led government. As I have said whenever this administration makes positive impact we will not hesitate to give kudos. Our prayers and agitation is towards a better Nigeria and we will not only commend, but will fully support any initiative, policy or reform that will help make Nigeria great again and a pride among the Comity of Nations

"It's an undisputable fact, that since the first republic, local governments have been rendered almost crippled and a mere manipulative political tools in the hand of some state governors seize their federal allocations and only release funds to them piecemeal to barely keep them going,' he concluded.

Re: Local Government Financial Autonomy: Right Step In The Right Direction-fadojoe by MaxBee2050(m): 10:40am On Jul 13
But Local Govt chairmen will still carry this money to the Governors.

I am on my knees appealing for help pls. Nothing is too small. The hunger is real. Very real and killing.

Pls check my signature below for my details. God bless
Re: Local Government Financial Autonomy: Right Step In The Right Direction-fadojoe by Zooposki(f): 12:11pm On Jul 13
Nigerians should stop being cowards and make sure no state government plays with their votes. Any state government that tries rubbish should be severely dealt with. Take a cue from the Kenyans.

State police or no state police. Deal with both of them. You are more than them. That’s how the white man makes sure their leaders don’t mess with them.

(1) (Reply)

If Emilokan Can Not Handle The Country Let Him Just Commot / CNPP Condemns Threat To Zenith Labour Party Chair’s Life / Omotisha Throws Heavy Weight Behind Agboola Ajayi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.