Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,990 members, 7,973,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:07 PM

Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 (21365 Views)

If Elected, I Will Begin the largest deportation operation In US History - Trump / Africa: Top 10 Countries With The Largest Gold Reserves 2023 / Countries With The Biggest Debts In The World (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by Intrepid01(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13
brain54:
A bit of surprise seeing India and Brazil up there...

You being surprised to see India indicates you know little about world economic giants!
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by Nwaiyoo: 3:11pm On Jul 13
No African country made the list.
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by Standing5(m): 3:15pm On Jul 13
SmartPolician:
With the way America is investing in innovation, funding research to stay ahead in technology and giving talented people from around the world their citizenship, America will remain the world's most powerful country in a long time. God bless America!!!
ours is all about belonging to a spititual group, donate destinies and grab your share of the cake, finally, make the children study the easiest course possible to land a university degree then automatic employment with fat salary. Our structure is witchcraft institutionalized.
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by brain54(m): 3:18pm On Jul 13
Intrepid01:

You being surprised to see India indicates you know little about world economic giants!
Okay o...

It's good as you know everything about world economies.

Kudos Bro!
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by loswhite(m): 3:23pm On Jul 13
brain54:

I know both are fast growing economies...

Just didn't expect them to be in the top 10 bracket... Especially India, because of high poverty rate even though they have a huge population!
GDP is not a measure of their poverty. They are still poor because the population is hugh

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by Babyboyforeal(m): 3:25pm On Jul 13
DeLaRue:

Currency.

The Japanese Yen is now over 160 to a dollar, I think. Just a few years ago, it was 110 -115. As your currency's value decreases against the dollar, your GDP will be recalculated by the percentage of the decrease.

Same thing happened to Nigeria.

That's why we went from No.1 in Africa to No.4. If naira keeps falling, and South African Rand, or Egyptian Pound remain stable or gain in value against the dollar, their GDP will be worth more in dollar value than Nigeria 's. That' exactly what happened in the past year.

The strength of every economy in the world, including each country's GDP, is calculated by reference to the almighty US dollar.

Another problem for the Japanese is the country's population is falling every year. It means there are not enough newborns replacing those dying. So, their domestic market is shrinking, their companies can't find enough employees, the proportion of old people relative to young ones is high and increasing. In another 100 years, Japan's population will be less that half what it is today.

Japanese are not having sex. The men refuse to have it. The women don't want it either. So, few children are being born. The country is slowly dying.
why are dey refusing to have sex? Or babies
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by brain54(m): 3:25pm On Jul 13
loswhite:
GDP is not a measure of their poverty. They are still poor because the population is hugh
I didn't expect they have such high gdp...

That puts them at 5th position!
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by loswhite(m): 3:25pm On Jul 13
AngelicBeing:
Why is UAE AND QATAR, not on the list shocked
They are small countries they don’t need huge GDP to be rich
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by flyinnizam(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13
PHIPEX:
Am amused by Germany.

Germany was on ground zero 70years ago after the 2nd World war. How did it overtake Britain, France and Russia etc that won the war?

"Paradox of victory"

Nigeria should be heading forward but those that "won" are leading and basking in the euphoria of victory, so we are heading on a backward speed.
it's been long Germany overtook them
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by flyinnizam(m): 3:32pm On Jul 13
Quelme:
I have no business with the Agulu fraudster.
so u have business with the cocaine lord? hope he don give u one appointment grin
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by BePrepared: 3:32pm On Jul 13
Na statistics we go chop?
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by HilcomTech(m): 3:39pm On Jul 13
Objectivist04:

Remove igbos there, they are progressives
Unlike the North where Ali Ndume has 30 children and grandchildren who all depends on government patronage

Yet Ali Ndume's children are living peacefully in north while IIGB0S are leaving their regiuon due to sit at home and constituting themselves as nuisances all over the north
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by phorget(m): 3:47pm On Jul 13
Fineman2:
I can't find the largest economy in Africa here

They are in their different churches and mosques praying to one imaginary gods,they believe that such god will come down and build their country for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by Bmaster(m): 3:55pm On Jul 13
SmartPolician:
With the way America is investing in innovation, funding research to stay ahead in technology and giving talented people from around the world their citizenship, America will remain the world's most powerful country in a long time. God bless America!!!
america abi USA ?
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by SmartPolician: 3:57pm On Jul 13
Bmaster:
america abi USA ?

USA has several names: the US, USA, America, etc.
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by anonimi: 4:27pm On Jul 13
brain54:

Pls this is false...

Nigeria's GDP has dropped significantly. Ghana's GDP isn't close to Nigeria's.

Maybe slightly higher than half of Nigeria's total GDP!

Ghana’s GDP per capita has overtaken ours.

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by casualobserver: 4:29pm On Jul 13
tctrills:

We are not at the top because of bitter and lazy people like you who refuse to learn from people better than you but would rather hate and disrespect.

Therein lies your problem and the problem of many in this country. The Slave mentality that makes you believe the west are better than you. I couldn’t have given more evidence if I tried. With your own hands you proved my case. I rest!

A man who has already convinced himself of his inferiority can never make progress and is destined to be led according to the whims and benevolence (if any) of his master….destined to be a slave. A country filled with such people are destined to be impoverished.

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by brain54(m): 4:33pm On Jul 13
anonimi:

Ghana’s GDP per capita has overtaken ours.
According to the data from 2020, Ghana has a higher GDP per capita than Nigeria, with $2.2k in Ghana compared to $2k in Nigeria. However, when adjusted for purchasing power parity (PPP), Nigeria's GDP per capita was slightly higher at $6k compared to Ghana's $6.5k.

Besides the argument here is on who has a higher GDP and not on higher GDP per capita!
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by AngelicBeing: 4:41pm On Jul 13
loswhite:
They are small countries they don’t need huge GDP to be rich
tongue
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by 43Ronin: 4:42pm On Jul 13
brain54:

I know both are fast growing economies...

Just didn't expect them to be in the top 10 bracket... Especially India, because of high poverty rate even though they have a huge population!
You guys don't research. India left the high poverty rate many years ago I think during buharis 1st tenure. Brazil turned things around when they elected a new president

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by brain54(m): 4:46pm On Jul 13
43Ronin:

You guys don't research. India left the high poverty rate many years ago I think during buharis 1st tenure. Brazil turned things around when they elected a new president
You can just make your point...

Without sounding like a know all.

Do you research on everything. Or are you a walking encleocopedia?

I research when it's necessary or when I have cause to and not randomly on everything!
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by tctrills: 4:50pm On Jul 13
casualobserver:

Therein lies your problem and the problem of many in this country. The Slave mentality that makes you believe the west are better than you. I couldn’t have given more evidence if I tried. With your own hands you proved my case. I rest!

A man who has already convinced himself of his inferiority can never make progress and is destined to be led according to the whims and benevolence (if any) of his master….destined to be a slave. A country filled with such people are destined to be impoverished.
You are the only one with a problem. People like you are the worst. You never progress and you are ultimately destroyed by your hate and evil.
You are the only slave I see here. You are a slave to your negativity and limited mind.
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by Objectivist04: 4:55pm On Jul 13
HilcomTech:

Yet Ali Ndume's children are living peacefully in north while IIGB0S are leaving their regiuon due to sit at home and constituting themselves as nuisances all over the north
Your ignorance is stinking, Ali Ndume's children are not living peacefully in North, infact they dare not visit their home town in southern Borno which is the hot bed of Boko Haram.
Just last two weeks 40 people were killed in Damboa a southern Borno town by female suicide bombers . Ali Ndume's children are all in Abuja enjoying proceeds of loot , they dare not even move to the suburb of the FCT less they be kidnapped.
Igbos are in the north hustling legitimately and making cool money and that is the progressiveness that I talked about but you won't understand because you are slow.
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by Johncuppa(m): 4:59pm On Jul 13
Gerrard59:

Nominal GDP, not GDP per capita.
What is the difference beween the two, please?
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by portacabin: 5:22pm On Jul 13
brain54:
you guys don't read. Brazil generates a sugar economy, which is several times larger than our whole oil industry economy

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by brain54(m): 5:22pm On Jul 13
[quote author=Johncuppa post=130939902]
What is the difference beween the two, please?[/quote

GDP (Gross Domestic Product) The total value of goods and services produced in a country over a specific time frame, usually a year.

It measures a country's economic output and growth.

GDP per capita the total GDP of a country divided by its population!

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by XerXers: 5:39pm On Jul 13
PHIPEX:
Am amused by Germany.

Germany was on ground zero 70years ago after the 2nd World war. How did it overtake Britain, France and Russia etc that won the war?

"Paradox of victory"

Nigeria should be heading forward but those that "won" are leading and basking in the euphoria of victory, so we are heading on a backward speed.
Exactly what Biafra would have done if it was to become a sovereign country

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by etrange: 6:30pm On Jul 13
brain54:

You should probably be more impressed by countries like Canada who manage to be there with a population of about 40 million people. Or Germany that climbed the ladder very quickly. Brazil and India are one of the most populated countries in the world. That already accounts for a great percentage of their domestic outputs.

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by HilcomTech(m): 7:02pm On Jul 13
Objectivist04:

Your ignorance is stinking, Ali Ndume's children are not living peacefully in North, infact they dare not visit their home town in southern Borno which is the hot bed of Boko Haram.
Just last two weeks 40 people were killed in Damboa a southern Borno town by female suicide bombers . Ali Ndume's children are all in Abuja enjoying proceeds of loot , they dare not even move to the suburb of the FCT less they be kidnapped.
Igbos are in the north hustling legitimately and making cool money and that is the progressiveness that I talked about but you won't understand because you are slow.

Ali Ndume still lives in Borno his home state. AS a serving senator, he lives in Borno and Abuja
Even if Ali Ndume lives in Abuja, Is he no longer a Senator? Because even South east senators live in Abuja
Besides, is Abuja no longer in the north?

The question you should be asking yourself is why are SE miscreants running out of SE like flies and constituting themselves into nuisances all over the country.
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by Johncuppa(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13
[quote author=brain54 post=130940220][/quote]
THank you
Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by blackjack21(m): 7:17pm On Jul 13
Fineman2:
I can't find the largest economy in Africa here

The economy of Africa as a whole is not as big as that of Germany. So calm Down, abeg

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Largest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) 2024 by babasolution: 7:25pm On Jul 13
HilcomTech:

But if you know the number of kanuris down south,you will marvel in shock, you people no dey travel sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Serbia Explains Refusal To Join Russia Sanctions / 7.6 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Japan As Country Braces For 16Ft Tsunami / Iran Vows To Avenge Assassinated Generals Lost To Alleged Israeli Airstrikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.