Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,277 members, 7,981,521 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 07:17 PM

Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners (788 Views)

Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License / What Is CMR For?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by Ashibelieve: 3:21pm On Jul 13
The Nigeria Police has set July 29th for deadline registration for all car owners.

From what I gathered, the e-CMR is a digital system. According to the Police, the e-CMR is an advanced, real-time online repository of motor vehicle data, designed to support police investigations, operational activities, and combat vehicle-related crimes, including terrorism, banditry, kidnapping, and armed robbery.

HOW MUCH FOR e-CMR REGISTRATION?
#5375.
Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by sultaan(m): 3:56am On Jul 14
Police has no business or juristriction on cars/ owners.

The FRSC deals with cars, and licensing deals with owners.

Here we have a few police officers who became law unto themselves trying to make money off southern car owners.

If house of rep does not approve we do not comply with the police, and those officers should be reprimanded for making there own law.

3 Likes

Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by Babatundehy: 5:40pm On Jul 14
Ashibelieve:
The Nigeria Police has set July 29th for deadline registration for all car owners.

From what I gathered, the e-CMR is a digital system. According to the Police, the e-CMR is an advanced, real-time online repository of motor vehicle data, designed to support police investigations, operational activities, and combat vehicle-related crimes, including terrorism, banditry, kidnapping, and armed robbery.

HOW MUCH FOR e-CMR REGISTRATION?
#5375.

Well, this government is just hellbent on squeezing dry the already waning finances of its citizens, we know how these things go, police officers even without being enabled already harass vehicle owners on the road, one can only imagine what happens when they start enforcing this.
It cost me about 5500, saw the news on tribune yesterday 13/07/2024, I went to the website and filled in my info, made the payment on the website and today 14/07/2024 i got a text saying my application is approved and to go print the certificate on the website, i did just that and now have it saved on my phone, I'll print it on paper when i step out.
I hate to beg on the road, just as much as I hate being delayed or even bribing anyone, the certificate will be a yearly thing, my renewal date is 14/07/2025, my car documents will be needing a big bag soon lol.
when we are ready, we will end the lives of these oppressors, until hunger, starvation and extreme poverty hit a large fraction of Nigerians, when kins begin to eat kins,and cannibalism gets real in our streets the massive protests will begin, that day is not so far away, for now let us pray to our different Gods and be tribalistic, extremely low quality life and Starvation will eventually unite us all.😂

2 Likes

Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by Nomerci: 3:16pm On Jul 15
Na to dey avoid police niven.go out early momo by 7am,return by 8pm.problem solved

1 Like

Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by Ashibelieve: 10:49pm On Jul 20
You want turn to squirrel be that o
Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by Ashibelieve: 10:50pm On Jul 20
The NBA has forced the IG of police to stop this. Stating its not part of their job.

Babatundehy:

Well, this government is just hellbent on squeezing dry the already waning finances of its citizens, we know how these things go, police officers even without being enabled already harass vehicle owners on the road, one can only imagine what happens when they start enforcing this.
It cost me about 5500, saw the news on tribune yesterday 13/07/2024, I went to the website and filled in my info, made the payment on the website and today 14/07/2024 i got a text saying my application is approved and to go print the certificate on the website, i did just that and now have it saved on my phone, I'll print it on paper when i step out.
I hate to beg on the road, just as much as I hate being delayed or even bribing anyone, the certificate will be a yearly thing, my renewal date is 14/07/2025, my car documents will be needing a big bag soon lol.
when we are ready, we will end the lives of these oppressors, until hunger, starvation and extreme poverty hit a large fraction of Nigerians, when kins begin to eat kins,and cannibalism gets real in our streets the massive protests will begin, that day is not so far away, for now let us pray to our different Gods and be tribalistic, extremely low quality life and Starvation will eventually unite us all.😂
Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by Babatundehy: 3:48pm On Jul 21
Ashibelieve:
The NBA has forced the IG of police to stop this. Stating its not part of their job.

Yes the news came the day after I paid for mine, I just don't like problems or being forced to part with money, I know how things go here in this lawless ñaija, I am certain the police officers on the road will still ask for it, lets see how it goes.
Politicians can talk, make laws or decrees, who enforces these laws? And what choice do the civilians have if police officers who are supposed enforce these laws are the first to flout them?
We know how the tint permit talk is still very active on our roads, same as medical practitioners refusing to tend to gunshot victims until a "police report" is issued, Nigeria is a lawless country, we cannot pretend a decree means something, the website is still very much active and payments can still be made, why isn't the website shut down already? Why is it still up?
Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by felix55(m): 10:33pm On Jul 21
That CMR LICENCE is very good in terms of many things like ur car was stolen, u can login and flag it stolen. It will be re register again & d car will b ɍcover.
In terms of someone hit u, don't bother chasing d person. Snap d plate no & u will locate d person.. etc...

1 Like

Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by weyreypey: 4:41am On Jul 22
felix55:
That CMR LICENCE is very good in terms of many things like ur car was stolen, u can login and flag it stolen. It will be re register again & d car will b ɍcover.
In terms of someone hit u, don't bother chasing d person. Snap d plate no & u will locate d person.. etc...

Engrish ranguage you go fear
Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by felix55(m): 3:16am On Jul 23
weyreypey:

Engrish ranguage you go fear
Na sleep eye ok.. thanks for noticing d errors... Nigeria
Re: Police Sets Deadline For E-cmr For Car Owners by RZArecta(m): 4:09am On Jul 23
felix55:
people like you are enablers of illegally and drag a society backwards with your ways of thinking. Fûck

(1) (Reply)

A Word For TRUCK Drivers / Who Is Nigeria's Most Successful Auto Dealer? / Contact For Car Sale, Car Tracker, Car Accessories, Car Hirer And General Contra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.