Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,065 members, 7,973,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:15 PM

Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 (3795 Views)

Nigeria,the Sleeping Giant At 47 / Nigeria's immage at 47, lets change it / Arise Oh Compatriots:nigeria At 47 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by maddock(m): 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2007
Come October 1st, our great country Nigeria would be 47years old.To be honest and sincere with you whether we like or not we have no other country than Nigeria.(apart those who have already naturalised).So wat are your thoughts and special wishes for Nigeria.What are those things we would want to see happening in our nation.Lets use the remaining 5days before October 1st to send in our wishes for the most populous black nation in the world. I was watching TV recently in which a guy from christ embassy was singing a song I BELIEVE,and i want to use this medium to say that i also believe that oneday,someday the Nigeria of our dreams would surely evolve.
So please i need only positive thoughts and at least for once lets forget about all the negative stuff we have been hearing and seeing all around us.
I am so proud to be a Nigerian and i dont think i would ever want to trade my GREEN PASSPORT for any other other passport in the world.
God bless all nairalanders
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by fuzek: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2007
maddock:

I am so proud to be a Nigerian and i don't think i would ever want to trade my GREEN PASSPORT for any other other passport in the world.

i thot i heard that they were going to change the colour of the new passport too tongue

All d same, I BELIEVE in a better nigeria too and pray that Nigeria will take its place (Giant of Africa)

I love and i'm proud to be NIGERIAN wink kiss
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by osisi5: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2007
I hope corruption in high places burn up and die in Jesus' name (MFM style)

I pray Christian converts in Northern Nigeria not be terrorized,victimized and killed for their faith.
I pray that the armed robbers,assasins,and all the ills in our nation be uprooted by the power of God.
I want to be proud of my nation without adding "but"
I want to be able to travel home for visits without the usual prayer and fastings,binding and casting,since I don't do that when travelling elsewhere.

I want a nation that my children and generations to come can be proud of.
These are my thoughts for my country.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by jibolala(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2007
Happy Independence Anniversary!

I dream of Nigeria where there will be no armed robbers,areas boys,etc

I dream of Nigeria where there will be constant light,water,etc

I dream of Nigeria where there will be jobs for all unemployed people,

God Bless Nigeria! (Somebody say amen to that)
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by osisi5: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2007
Amen and Amen
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by freelancer(m): 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2007
I pray for peace in the country and for love and understanding in the hearts of every Nigerian, for every other Nigerian. If there is real love in our hearts, corruption will be a thing of the past.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by ayomifull(f): 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2007
I wish that Nigeria will be a country we all will be proud of
I wish for changes that will make those of us in diaspora pack our bags and joyfully return home
I wish that it will be a pride to say to the whole world 'I am a Nigeria'
I wish that we will have leaders whose minds will daily be filled with how to make life better for the citizens
I wish that every Nigerian child will comfortably eat 3 sq meals and every kids will be in school
I wish Nigeria will be a country we can sleep at night and have sound sleep without any fear
I wish that Nigeria will be what it should be 'The Giant Of Africa'
I wish all citizens or at least 95% will enjoy the very basic neccesities of life,
And the wish goes on and on and on,
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by medube(m): 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2007
jibolala:

Happy Independence Anniversary!

I dream of Nigeria where there will be no armed robbers,areas boys,etc

I dream of Nigeria where there will be constant light,water,etc

I dream of Nigeria where there will be jobs for all unemployed people,

God Bless Nigeria! (Somebody say amen to that)

Amen! smiley

Once a Nigerian, always a Nigerian. We can go to America, England, China, France, Germany, South Africa, Belgium, Italy, etc, but anywhere we go we are still Nigerians and this is the Motherland. Let us all join hands home and away to make this our great country better by the time we meet here to say "Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 48"  cool
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by expachino: 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2007
Ayo, don't wish any further cos come this october 1st, I BELIEVE in a change forn this country. That song on air titled "I BELIEVE" by the guy from Christ Embasy should be made a national song. It will instill a consciouness of greater tomorrow in our hearts and also help us cultivate the right attitude towards solving our problems and building a greater Nation. If we start thinking of what we can do and not what can be done by others. I truely believe. Let us all believe first and then act according to what we have believed. Nigeria will be a better place to live in.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2007
wow!
wish Nigeria the best
Wish that all those corrupt Gov, Sen, Boxing Corrupt House of Rep get incarcerated.
Wish .: wis h: , so much wishes, cheesy cheesy
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by afrodixie: 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2007
To my beloved Nigeria at 47 years old---Happy Independence. Best of luck. See you in another life time! kiss Just produce more Night of a Thousand Laughs----your greatest accomplishments so far! kiss
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by fuzek: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2007
Too much wishes tongue If only wishes were wateva undecided wink

Hail 9jeria, we ur children bless ur famous name. . . cheesy grin
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by guguru: 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2007
Hip hip hip, HURRAY!!!!!!!!!
Nigerians --happy 47th independence celebration, for all who believes in the NEW NIGERIA REALITY (i mean to come) shout for joy where-ever you be reading this thread right now.
Nigeria our GREAT country, i strongly believe that this is the dawn of a wonderful era-great things are happening,people believing in faith that during this our own generation,Nigeria is changing for good-yes of-course i can see:--
, the new first class Lagos metropolitan city to be
, young,strong and handsome youths from the delta region changing to be responsible,
, beautiful,sexxy young virgins ladies helping the entire society with health care programmes,
, the new federal village(fct Abuja) housing honest representative from all part's of the country
, good road network,constant electricity with stand by back-up power
, hygiene health care facility in each states
, happy old parents relaxing with excitement the way they choose during retirement
, tight security for lives and properties
, banking firms empowering every customers  

all this to the Glory of the Living GOD,amen.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by BigB11(m): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2007
Sweet Nigeria, my adorable home.

It seems so long ago; a perfect painted portrait, speckled with diamond, honey and gold.
I truly miss your natural and wealthy beauty, that gave the stars their perfect glare.

The blue sky, the crystal clear rain water, the healthy green fields, the busy market place and the beautiful view of sun rise/ sun set are like a work of art.

My lovely country, my brightest star, a detailed flame of purest joy and priceless memories; very classy, stylish, foxy, sweet and extremely cocky.
You have made me and brightened all my ways of life.

I miss you deeply in my soul and can't wait to see you fly high once again.

Home sweet home, I love you, sweet Nigeria

Big B1.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by medube(m): 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2007
Big B1:

Sweet Nigeria, my adorable home.

It seems so long ago; a perfect painted portrait, speckled with diamond, honey and gold.
I truly miss your natural and wealthy beauty, that gave the stars their perfect glare.

The blue sky, the crystal clear rain water, the healthy green fields, the busy market place and the beautiful view of sun rise/ sun set are like a work of art.

My lovely country, my brightest star, a detailed flame of purest joy and memories; very classy, stylish, foxy, sweet and extremely cocky.
You have made me and brightened all my ways of life.

I miss you deeply in my soul and can't wait to see you fly high once again.

Home sweet home, I love you, sweet Nigeria

Very good! smiley

I will recommend for this to be out new anthem and pledge grin
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by fuzek: 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2007
medube:

Very good! smiley
I will recommend for this to be out new anthem and pledge grin

rofllllllllllllllllllllllll grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by Ebano(m): 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2007
Na wah ooh so naija don dey clock 47!!?
I wish that 140million nigerians will stand up and say a big no to corruption
I wish that political immunity be removed from the presidential level to local govt level
I wish that any corrupt governor looting the treasury be sentence to 47yrs imprisoment
I wish that any corrupt politician be sentenced to 47yrs imprisonment
I wish that any contactor that turns his contract to abandoned project to be sentenced to 47yrs
I wish that there will be 4,700,000 more ribadus and effcc procecuting corruption with out caring whose ox is gored
I wish that the govt pays monthly social benefits to the poor, jobless, homeless people
But like they say if wishes were horses beggers will ride
HAPPY INDEPDENCEDAY  NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by anusule(m): 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2007
rome wassnt built in a day, nigeria is still under construction. @47 we are not failing.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by tommyex(m): 5:43am On Sep 26, 2007
God loves us thats why he blessed us with lots of minerals and resources.
All we have needed was a good leader,I feel he is ere now,so with time everytin will pan out good.
I believe its our time 2 shine

Up 9ja!!!
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by ayasco(m): 8:05am On Sep 26, 2007
freelancer:

I pray for peace in the country and for love and understanding in the hearts of every Nigerian, for every other Nigerian. If there is real love in our hearts, corruption will be a thing of the past.
u get it right.also for a united Nigeria free of tribalism and hooliganism and most of all i pray that we redeem our image home and abroad
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by kanmosyl(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2007
Hi my fellow Nigerian and Nairalanders,
I want you all to know that our prayers has long been answered, but to see the manifestation and the reality of our prayers, we all have to contribute our Quota and also stand for what is right home and abroad, so we all can enjoy what is good.
[b][/b] CONTRIBUTE YOUR QUOTA
That we need to do more to realise the Nigeria of our dream is indisputable.
This has been publicly discussed, analysed and even researched.
Yet it is obvious we need little more than these.
We need a man of conviction and action|
The irony is, we have waited for this extraordinary man for decades.
But do you know, that man could very well be you?
According to Mother Theresa,'do not wait for leaders. Do it alone, person to person.'
Jesus said ,"You are the light of the world, "
As God's delegated authority, you can change the course of this country for good.
Ladies and Gentlemen of our great country Nigeria, let us begin today to contribute our quota.
Nigeria has a great future.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by kanmosyl(m): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2007
Hi my fellow Nigerian and Nairalanders,
I want you all to know that our prayers has long been answered, but to see the manifestation and the reality of our prayers, we all have to contribute our Quota and also stand for what is right  home and abroad, so we all can enjoy what is good.
[b][/b] CONTRIBUTE YOUR QUOTA
That we need to do more to realise the Nigeria of our dream is indisputable.
This has been publicly discussed, analysed and even researched.
Yet it is obvious we need little more than these.
We need a man of conviction and action|
The irony is, we have waited for this extraordinary man for decades.
But do you know, that man could very well be you?
According to Mother Theresa,'do not wait for leaders. Do it alone, person to person.'
Jesus said ,"You are the light of the world, "
As God's delegated authority, you can change the course of this country for good.
Ladies and Gentlemen of our great country Nigeria, let us begin today to contribute our quota.
Nigeria has a great future.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by LadyTi1(f): 9:57am On Sep 26, 2007
Aaahh, this is so sweet, Thanks to all Nairalanders for all your wonderful thoughts about Nigeria. And a special thanks to Maddock who started this thread. It's about time we started confessing positive.

I pray Nigeria will continue to go from strength to strength!
I pray that God's counsel for us a great Nation will stand!
I pray that God will raise more "servant-leaders" who will effect change.
I pray that Nigeria will rise to take her place in the world!

I look forward to a Nigeria where order and dignity will be restored. Where other nations of the world will come to seek refuge, employment, etc
I look forward to the day when all Nigerians in diaspora will flock back home in their masses to contribute to the ongoing change that cannot be stopped!

God bless President Yar'Adua and all his cabinet who are committed to change!

HAPPY 47TH BIRTHDAY NIGERIA!! I am truly proud and blessed to be one of your own!
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by biyigas(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2007
first i will like to say congratulate Nigerian for this wonderful day. i am always very happy when we are getting nearer to our independence day, cos it reminds me of a lot of things,

MY WISH, is that we have a great nigeria that will stand first in Africa in terms of everything
          , is that the federal govenment will allow the central bank to actualise their new plan on Naira Notes and       that the plan will work out the way we have heard about it
         , is that there will be unity in all the Three major Tribes of the country
         , is that all the corrupt Government officer shall be fired as the Speaker Of House of Representative is been fired now
          , is that there will be more christians and there will be more people in the Narrow way that leads to God Almighty,

this is my wish
i am proud to be a nigerian
happy anniversary
cool,
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by gentlegg(m): 10:23am On Sep 26, 2007
I wish a Nigeria where there will be uninterrupted power supply.
I wish a Nigeria where corruption will be history and our leaders harness & utilize our resources selflessly.
I wish a Nigeria where an average common man will feel governance.
I wish a Nigeria where MORALITY will escalate and supreme, hence, God fearing Nigerians.
I wish a Nigeria where WOMEN will never be wearing trousers again as is a big affront against God and against nature.
I wish a Nigeria where fornication will STOP, especially among so-called boyfriend & girlfriend
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by JERRY9(m): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2007
No matter where you are or who you be if you love Nigeria shout a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGERIA, i am so so proud to a Nigerian,aint no country like Nigeria and none would ever be like Nigeria.Common guys have you ever seen a country that is going through so many problems like we are today and still manage to remain one.
I know and believe that one day the struggling giant we are being seen to be would surely regain its firm steps in EDUCATION,SPORTS,TECHNOLOGY,AGRICULTURE ETC. Believe me we are very close to getting there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL NIGERIANS AND LETS ROW OUT DRUMS AND UNCORK OUR CHAMPAGNE IN TOASTING TO THE BIRTH OF A NEW NIGERIA TO COME.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by TawaTemi1(f): 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2007
Gentlegg :*I wish a Nigeria where WOMEN will never be wearing trousers again as is a big affront against God and against nature.* shocked embarassed

na wha for u ooooooooo.
Na dat one u fit wish Nigeria?
Haba, everybody don dey wish Nigeria good thing since but u come bring ur own wish scatter everything!
Which one concern u with trouser soooo?
If u no like am, then leave those who dey wear am alone now.
Are u that primitive?
Abeg wish make them dey produce quality trousers wey go last well well for our ever beautiful Nigerian ladies.
Make u go tell Mrs Bush, Mrs Fashola, Mrs Duke,, make dem no they wear am again.
Abeg make good pple continue to wish our great country good things jare! grin cheesy
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by ebunife(f): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2007
Hello People, am new here(as a member) but have been seeing the site for sometime now.
I wish our great NIGERIA everything good in life and for US, for u and I to really feel this "good of the land" we need to love ourselves unconditionally and work as one. Apart from this, we need to Respect God more,lets do away with just being religious, let us have a personal relationship with Him.
Nigeria will be great again wink! I wish US all long life, Good health, Prosperity and everything good we desire, Amen
Nice job seun, pls keep it up and 2 all of u, thumb up
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by fesse(f): 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2007
oh my home great Nigeria! your children love YOU.
YOU are one in a million.
Every good thing comes from you.
I wish YOU all the good things that exists in this mother earth.
Nigeria you are the number One in the whole wild world.
May your bright sun reach to those of us in disapora.
Nigeria will live to see all the good things the Lord has promised her.
People of different countries,culture,languages,etc will come to pay You homage.
I LOVE AND CHERISH YOU NIGERIA.
Long live NIGERIA, Long live Africa.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by fesse(f): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2007
oh my home great Nigeria! your children love YOU.
YOU are one in a million.
Every good thing comes from you.
I wish YOU all the good things that exists in this mother earth.
Nigeria you are the number One in the whole wild world.
May your bright sun reach to those of us in disapora.
Nigeria will live to see all the good things the Lord has promised her.
People of different countries,culture,languages,etc will come to pay You homage.
I LOVE AND CHERISH YOU NIGERIA.
Long live NIGERIA, Long live Africa.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by lakeshore(m): 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2007
Nigerian I am and Nigerian I will be.
Nigeria will be a great nation, oju wa la se.
God by His divine power shall turn Nigeria aroud
If only we can come together and put hands together
and work with one mind - PROGRESS, it will not be long we shall get there.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2007
As you people are making merry and celebrating Nigeria 47,
Let us not forget our brothers and sisters who were killed by Nigeria Military lead by Hausa/Fulani.
Let us not forget our country men They JAW Tribe That are facing genocide and annihilation, because they want freedom from the hand of Hausa/Fulani Military and their collaborators they YORUBA'S
Please remember the injustice they OGONI people are facing, Their Hungry Children ask for food, but was Bomber by Hausa/Fulani military and their collaborators.
As you merry remember the agonies entire Niger Delta are facing from oil spillage and other environmental degradation caused by oil exploration and money are Used in building of Lagos AND Abuja and producing Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba Military millionaires, why they owners suffer in poverty and disease.

Let us not Forget inhumane treatment , the first African GENOCIDE against they IBO'S. In which nearly they entire IBO'S tribe were targeted for exterminated, from the hand of YORUBA/HAUSA/FULANI in (1966). In this GENOCIDE committed by HAUSA/FULANI/YORUBA , (3.5)MILLION unarmed civilians lost their life, out of this more than (1.5)million innocent infants was starve to dead because they asked for Freedom.
Let us pray that those HAUSA/FULANI/YORUBA who committed all this CRIMES against humanity with be caught and send to (United Nation war Crime court in the HAGUE)to face judgement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos Have The Best Road Network In Nigeria. / Ndu_Chuks This Question Is For You / News Breaking!! Ngige Emerged Winner Of Anambra Gubernatorial Debate Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.