Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,294 members, 7,923,355 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 01:06 AM

Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? (256 Views)

Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? / Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Church Today / "Sex Is Sweet": Kaduna Redeemed Christian Church Of God Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 8:14am On Jul 14
If you look carefully at the recorded words of Jesus, you will notice that his greatest condemnation was reserved for religious hypocrites. Anyone who claims to be his disciple without a similar revulsion and distain for hypocrisy is just pretending

That’s why I don’t attend church.

I really dislike how many people are so nice in church and so awful once they leave.

people think that going to church makes them look good and maybe it does but I found out how many liars there are in church.

A few years ago I had friends I thought were really good friends but after I got sick they stopped coming around just when I needed them the most.

At least I know I’m not always worthy of being in church but I do ask for forgiveness and I think God knows
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Everyday247: 8:21am On Jul 14
fuckJones:
If you look carefully at the recorded words of Jesus, you will notice that his greatest condemnation was reserved for religious hypocrites. Anyone who claims to be his disciple without a similar revulsion and distain for hypocrisy is just pretending

I really dislike how many people are so nice in church and so awful once they leave.

people think that going to church makes them look good and maybe it does but I found out how many liars there are in church.

A few years ago I had friends I thought were really good friends but after I got sick they stopped coming around just when I needed them the most.

At least I know I’m not always worthy of being in church but I do ask for forgiveness and I think God knows
The primary cause of this is the Carrot and stick (reward and punishment) method used to preach the gospel. The fundamental teachings of modern day Christianity is heaven and hell so Christians do not care about actually being Good but rather appearing to be Good in order to avoid hell and go to heaven.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:22am On Jul 14
fuckJones:

Do you not see that Satan always attacks and corrupts and takes over everything that is God's eg Eve, Isreal, the law keepers and judges,.the syngagoue,etc?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:24am On Jul 14
Everyday247:
The primary cause of this is the Carrot and stick (reward and punishment) method used to preach the gospel. The fundamental teachings of modern day Christianity is heaven and hell so Christians do not care about actually being Good but rather appearing to be Good in order to avoid hell and go to heaven.

That is not True.

What goes on is that Satan always attacks and tries taking (stealing) and colonizing all of God's things.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 8:25am On Jul 14
Everyday247:
Today's “mega churches” are all about what you can get, not to glorify and thank God for His most wonderful gift of salvation. They water down the message in order to appeal to society’s self-centred nature.

One is hard pressed to even hear the name Jesus being spoken. I forced myself to sit through one sermon by one so-called Daddy G. O just to see if he ever made mention of the Gospel. The only reference he made to God was describing how to manipulate God into giving you whatever you want. And he is not alone. No one wants to hear the truth anymore.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Jul 14
cool grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 8:28am On Jul 14
Dtruthspeaker:

That is not True.

What goes on is that Satan always attacks and tries taking (stealing) and colonizing all of God's things.
But Jesus come, the devil has no right over us again, we have overcome the world
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:31am On Jul 14
fuckJones:
But Jesus come, the devil has no right over us again, we have overcome the world

Did you not see that Satan went to Jesus and tried taking Him even though he failed?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Everyday247: 8:33am On Jul 14
fuckJones:
Today's “mega churches” are all about what you can get, not to glorify and thank God for His most wonderful gift of salvation. They water down the message in order to appeal to society’s self-centred nature.

One is hard pressed to even hear the name Jesus being spoken. I forced myself to sit through one sermon by one so-called Daddy G. O just to see if he ever made mention of the Gospel. The only reference he made to God was describing how to manipulate God into giving you whatever you want. And he is not alone. No one wants to hear the truth anymore.
This is just the truth. The main things preached today is
1. God will make you rich and prosperous
2. God will kill all your enemies
3. God will not allow you to suffer or be involved in any accidents
4. God will make you a famous and popular person
5. God will punish you if you don't pay tithe or go to church.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 8:33am On Jul 14
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not see that Satan went to Jesus and tried taking Him?
yes but Jesus overcome him, we overcome him by the blood of the lamp and the words of our testimony
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 8:35am On Jul 14
Everyday247:
most pastors return to receive l all the kingdom offer to Jesus by the devel that he refused, infact they are asking for more from the devel
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37am On Jul 14
fuckJones:
yes but Jesus overcome him, we overcome him by the blood of the lamp and the words of our testimony

When you have overcome a person they are cast away and they go away.

But if you are doing their will, then it is them who have overcome you.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:38am On Jul 14
Everyday247:

Satan's prophets are they!

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Everyday247: 8:40am On Jul 14
fuckJones:
most pastors return to receive l all the kingdom offer to Jesus by the devel that he refused, infact they are asking for more from the devel
grin Na the way forward be that na grin

But seriously if they didn't preach all that there will be very few Christians today. The primary reason why many people are still Christians is because of the possible rewards, take that away and watch the churches become deserted.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 8:42am On Jul 14
Everyday247:
grin Na the way forward be that na grin

But seriously if they didn't preach all that there will be very few Christians today. The primary reason why many people are still Christians is because of the possible rewards, take that away and watch the churches become deserted.
[center][/center] grin
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Padipadi: 8:57am On Jul 14
fuckJones:

If you aren't attending churches, you're missing spiritual activities that can connect you easily to ya creator. Yes some people v soiled name of church but there are good churches. Just stay off church politics. What creates issues in churches are Nigerian factors that happens in homes, association, workplace etc. Too much of see finish. Just act maturely and stay off drama. Locate nearest good church and be attending to meet ya creator spiritually regularly. Staying home alone in worship isn't enough.

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 9:07am On Jul 14
Padipadi:

If you aren't attending churches, you're missing spiritual activities that can connect you easily to ya creator. Yes some people v soiled name of church but there are good churches. Just stay off church politics. What creates issues in churches are Nigerian factors that happens in homes, association, workplace etc. Too much of see finish. Just act maturely and stay off drama. Locate nearest good church and be attending to meet ya creator spiritually regularly. Staying home alone in worship isn't enough.
you are wrong about going to church, you can meet your creator anywhere,

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Padipadi: 12:29pm On Jul 14
fuckJones:
you are wrong about going to church, you can meet your creator anywhere,
When you watch live match and recorded one, which one sweet pass?
Do you know why people still go to stadia to watch soccer when they can sit at home to see it on TV?
It's cos live experience is better than recorded ones.
When you're in church, you connect live n direct with multitudes of others. Also, there's impartation directly from the alter at Church services.
So it's not cos they want you to come n drop ya offerings & tithes.
If you v been to a Church wey shenk you before, there are millions of sane ones worldwide and hundreds in ya loyalty that you can attend. Just look for a Bible believing one.
Shalom.

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 2:19pm On Jul 14
Padipadi:

When you watch live match and recorded one, which one sweet pass?
Do you know why people still go to stadia to watch soccer when they can sit at home to see it on TV?
It's cos live experience is better than recorded ones.
When you're in church, you connect live n direct with multitudes of others. Also, there's impartation directly from the alter at Church services.
So it's not cos they want you to come n drop ya offerings & tithes.
If you v been to a Church wey shenk you before, there are millions of sane ones worldwide and hundreds in ya loyalty that you can attend. Just look for a Bible believing one.
Shalom.
you statement contradict with that on Jesus to the Samaritan woman, He said and I quote, woman believe me a time will come that you will not worship me on this mountain neither do you worship me in Jerusalem (church) but in your own heart..
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by paxonel(m): 3:03pm On Jul 14
fuckJones:
you statement contradict with that on Jesus to the Samaritan woman, He said and I quote, woman believe me a time will come that you will not worship me on this mountain neither do you worship me in Jerusalem (church) but in your own heart..
if there is a way for them to erase this scripture in the bible they will do it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Padipadi: 3:39pm On Jul 14
fuckJones:
That statement of Jesus is saying a town ll come when Church won't be in Jerusalem (Jesus hood) anymore but anywhere in the world. Afterall, salvation is for all. And it's happening in present day.
Secondly, you're mixing up points or just deliberately going astray. The Koko here is going to church regularly makes you connect with fellow believers. Except your going to a yori-yori Church.
Lastly, no forget the lessons I v shared early which are above.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 3:57pm On Jul 14
Padipadi:

That statement of Jesus is saying a town ll come when Church won't be in Jerusalem (Jesus hood) anymore but anywhere in the world. Afterall, salvation is for all. And it's happening in present day.
Secondly, you're mixing up points or just deliberately going astray. The Koko here is going to church regularly makes you connect with fellow believers. Except your going to a yori-yori Church.
Lastly, no forget the lessons I v shared early which are above.
where do you get your interpretation from sir, you contradict Jesus message in John 4, true worship" of God does not require one to be Jewish, or Samaritan, or in the temple (church), or on the mountain. Rather, true worship requires spirit and truth, and God is seeking those who want Him in this way, it can be anywhere, Jonah seek him in the fish belly and he answers him.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Padipadi: 4:08pm On Jul 14
fuckJones:
where do you get your interpretation from sir, you contradict Jesus message in John 4, true worship" of God does not require one to be Jewish, or Samaritan, or in the temple (church), or on the mountain. Rather, true worship requires spirit and truth, and God is seeking those who want Him in this way, it can be anywhere, Jonah seek him in the fish belly and he answers him.
Na the same thing we dey talk.
My point here is you v to be a ong congratulations to sharpen ya spirit. If not every Sabbath day but occasionally.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 4:20pm On Jul 14
Padipadi:

Na the same thing we dey talk.
My point here is you v to be a ong congratulations to sharpen ya spirit. If not every Sabbath day but occasionally.
the summary of it is that church is not necessary according to Jesus Christ in John 4
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Padipadi: 5:32pm On Jul 14
fuckJones:
the summary of it is that church is not necessary according to Jesus Christ in John 4
Ok. Can we join you for ya home service?

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Expanse2020(m): 5:48pm On Jul 14
Pampers
✌️
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by fuckJones(f): 6:43pm On Jul 14
Padipadi:

Ok. Can we join you for ya home service?
no,
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Christian Church? by Padipadi: 7:11pm On Jul 14
fuckJones:
no,
Then you're not practicing Christianity.
Go to Church next week, it get why!

(1) (Reply)

Drop Some Of The Best Motivational Quotes You Know Here / August / Our Daily Bread :that Thing You Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.