Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,260 members, 7,936,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 02:00 AM

Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (747 Views)

Super Market Sales Worker Docked For Using Boss’ N900,000 To Play Bet9ja Game / Lady Sent To Prison For Stealing One Month To Her Wedding / 3 Men Sent To Prison For Fighting Over New Sex Worker (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by EmmyMaestro(m): 5:32pm On Jul 14
Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘Baba Ijebu’ Lottery

A sales lady at Alaba International market in Lagos State, Miss Odoabuchi Chioma, has landed in trouble for allegedly stealing her boss’ N.714m to stake ‘Baba Ijebu lottery’ and she failed to win.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that that the suspect, Chioma, has been arrested and charged for stealing.

The incident happened at Alaba Market, where Chioma was employed as a sales lady by the complainant, Wisdom Sunday.

According to the Police, she was informed of the numbers that could win the lottery and she believed. She then used all the money they made from sales on that day to stake the lottery with the intention that if she wins, she will then refund the money.

However, her plans failed after she staked the money for the lottery but she failed to win, which has landed her in trouble as her boss later discovered that the money was missing. He asked her what happened and she told him that she used the money to play the game.

The matter was reported to the Police at Ojo Division and Chioma was arrested and detained at the station for interrogation over her alleged conduct and she told the Police exactly what happened.

The Police found her culpable and consequently charged her before the Ojo Magistrate Court for the alleged offence.

She pleaded not guilty.

The prosecutor, Inspector Esther Adesulu, asked the Court to give a date for hearing since she pleaded not guilty to enable the Police to prove that she actually committed the alleged offence.

The Presiding Magistrate, Mrs. A.M. Alade, granted her bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum, who must show evidence of means of livelihood and tax payment while addresses will be verified by the Court.

The matter was adjourned till 30th July, 2024, for mention while the defendant was remanded in custody at the correctional center pending when she will perfect her bail conditions.

1 Like

Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by Sonnobax15(m): 5:37pm On Jul 14
lipsrsealed
E go be by mistake cha tongue
Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by Chickenandchips(f): 5:42pm On Jul 14
If she had won, she will come to Nairaland and say : my boss was angry with me for using his money to play baba ijebu but now that I won, he said I must share it 50 : 50 with him. What should I do ?

1 Like

Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:03pm On Jul 14
Chickenandchips:
If she had won, she will come to Nairaland and say : my boss was angry with me for using his money to play baba ijebu but now that I won, he said I must share it 50 : 50 with him. What should I do ?

but thats the dilemma here... if you use stolen money to place bets then technically the winning aint yours. if its my money you stole to play lotto then i will sue you for EVERYTHING. that person must be sued for EVERYTHING (whether win or lose)...

1 Like

Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by ElevationD: 6:23pm On Jul 14
It is not surprising. A lot of the sales agents spend their bosses monies to stake, with confidence that they would quickly recover and return the monies.
All na lie. They all end up crying and lamenting “baba Ijebu wicked o”.

See her face like Ijebu ode road wey scatter so.
Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by Seunpapa65: 6:30pm On Jul 14
Look at her face 😂🤣
This one wowo with bad character join

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by BigYash: 10:27pm On Jul 14
Them grant am bail 200k grin Person wen don already enter gbese ? Make una Kuku turn her to money.. na her family go suffer this her wrong decisions like this.. The hustle no easy,but person still gat dey hustle with sense..
Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by thesicilian: 12:05am On Jul 15
I didn't know that women also gamble like this.
At least it's better than prostituting, assuming it's done with your own money.
Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by kingthreat(m): 4:40am On Jul 15
Gambling is not for everyone. Na this type dey use money for house rent gamble
Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by Edoreborn: 6:31am On Jul 15
Eyah
Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by Peakdesign23(m): 7:12am On Jul 15
She get mind o😂
Re: Sales Lady Sent To Prison For Using Boss N.7m To Play ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery by Reelmii: 7:25am On Jul 15
grin

(1) (Reply)

Dangerous Laughter! / Visa Scam / Burning Of A Suspected Robber.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.