Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,121 members, 7,949,847 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President (14614 Views)

Rwanda's President Paul Kagame Approves The Retirement Of 924 Military Officials / Kagame Deports 18 Chinese Investors For Mistreating Rwandan Employees / Vladimir Putin Elected Fourth Term As Russia Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by Omotaday(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15

1 Like

Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by Omotaday(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15
Segzy19:
Kagame is one of the traitors in Africa.
Foolish man being used by the west to plunder Congo.....

He will most likely get the 4th term with support of the west
Sadly many people are not in tune with the current state of things in Rwanda and Congo. Ignorance

1 Like

Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by ZTsambad: 3:19pm On Jul 15
NwokoloOwa:

That is not how to deepen democracy. Once he leaves either by death or providence after this long spell, I bet you the country will descend to chaos. Kagame is a bloody dictator, muderer sponsoring rebels all over Southern Africa
And who told you democracy is the better government mtcheewww 😒😒 democracy that is the government of Charmeleons and people that have no direction in life government of LGBTQ pitiful souls. I didn't come dis life to carry democracy on top my head I came to live a life nobody should enforce democracy on top my head anything that works let it work just don't put all egg in one basket 😌
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by ZTsambad: 3:31pm On Jul 15
uuzba:

First of all,
F*ck you!
-
Secondly
Africa, has many tribes. And each of them was minding it's own business, doing things their own way.
Western (white men), who have fought and killed and enslaved each other for 1000's of years,
carried their colonising/conquering behaviour to come and mess up the little stability we were managing
in Africa.
If French and English cannot form ONE country,
how do you expect the 500 tribes of Nigeria and the multiple tribes in other African countries to form a
stable country?

Don't mind them they think they have become more intelligent they keep on allowing useless white people to dictate what's what for us time will come when that will be over and the whites will fear the blacks they think it's all Africans that are inferior
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by NwokoloOwa: 4:03pm On Jul 15
ZTsambad:

And who told you democracy is the better government mtcheewww 😒😒 democracy that is the government of Charmeleons and people that have no direction in life government of LGBTQ pitiful souls. I didn't come dis life to carry democracy on top my head I came to live a life nobody should enforce democracy on top my head anything that works let it work just don't put all egg in one basket 😌

........A Paul Kagame from a minority tribe who has kept the entire country united after a well-documented genocide and made it the favourite tourist destination in Africa deserves to rule for a long time to deepen democratic values and strengthen Rwanda's grip on to the pathway to economic prosperity

I am referring and reacting to the writers assertions bolded above.

1 Like

Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by Exceed15: 4:06pm On Jul 15
I m afraid these opponents are like APCs are just bittered and want power by force. Rwanda under kagame has made the country pride of Africa. Rwandas should not be deceived
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by patrickcollins: 5:49pm On Jul 15
Chiefpriestt:
There's something fundamentally wrong with the black Africans. After 24 years in power you still want to contest again ? Damn!
Power dey sweet he doesn't want to let go
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by Odibembem: 6:52pm On Jul 15
SmartPolician:

There's nothing wrong with Africa. There are certain leaders some countries have that need to stay for long to deepen the right leadership values and kick out evil people forever.

Lee Kwuan Yew did it in Singapore, shutting down dissenting voices from his own majority tribe who wanted to set the country on fire. Today, the world celebrates him even in death. He was there for several years.

Olusegun Obasanjo has remained Nigeria's best leader since 1999. Imagine what Nigeria would have been today if he had stayed back and not let the lunatics who came after him destroy what he built.

Nigeria had d worst road networks under OBJ, zero rail investment and d power sector saw zero improvement under him. Can u point to any critical national infrastructure he completed? We had d worst fuel crises under him and he introduced d use of raw cash to bribe lawmakers. Under him political assassinations were so prevailant, serving Minister were killed and till date culprits were never found plus several top members of his party were gunned down. State govs were illegally impeached sometimes with less than a third of d numbers and proceedings done outside d state. His politics was so bad that he and his deputy openly insulted themselves and he proceeded to remove his deputy till d courts stopped him and d worst elections ever were conducted under his watch. So what exactly made OBJ d best president and deserving to rule us in perpetuity?
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by SmartPolician: 6:55pm On Jul 15
Odibembem:

Nigeria had d worst road networks under OBJ, zero rail investment and d power sector saw zero improvement under him. Can u point to any critical national infrastructure he completed? We had d worst fuel crises under him and he introduced d use of raw cash to bribe lawmakers. Under him political assassinations were so prevailant, serving Minister were killed and till date culprits were never found plus several top members of his party were gunned down. State govs were illegally impeached sometimes with less than a third of d numbers and proceedings done outside d state. His politics was so bad that he and his deputy openly insulted themselves and he proceeded to remove his deputy till d courts stopped him and d worst elections ever were conducted under his watch. So what exactly made OBJ d best president and deserving to rule us in perpetuity?

You should have mentioned who was better than Obj. That's common sense, bros.

BTW, leadership is seen from different angles - you can choose the good or bad. The choice is yours.
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by Babinski: 8:54pm On Jul 15
robinso01:
He has turned it to his birthright, by not allowing strong opponent to run for the presidency

Sometimes it is just better to leave people like him there. See what happened to Libya after the killing of Gaddafi? Now Libyans are regretting. If he is getting a lot of things right economically and people are not suffering, then the issue of free speech or whatever is not enough to dethrone him. Africans leaders are not much different in their sit tight syndrome such that the ones who can do substantially well are better than the risk of electing looters with sit tight syndrome who wouldn't do any good.

Idealistically my position can be faulted but beyond the theory we can see what happened to Libya and Iraq after Gaddafi and Sadan Hussein were taken out of the equation.
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by jojothaiv(m): 10:41pm On Jul 15
Chiefpriestt:
There's something fundamentally wrong with the black Africans. After 24 years in power you still want to contest again ? Damn!
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:44pm On Jul 15
Lanretoye:
Anybody wey Nigeria no favor can relocate to Rwanda.
You go give us visa abi how you want take do am?
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by BALLOSKI: 4:12am On Jul 16
Chiefpriestt:
Should they change him for the sake of just changing or you're just trying to be western here? If he's performing, why should he be changed? Paul Biya is doing nothing, but france is keeping him there.
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by BALLOSKI: 4:23am On Jul 16
Obakoolex:
African mentality, well so far his people wants him.

Something else that amaze me were the people present at the rally when Trump was shot at, everybody remained calm on there seat. Had it been for naija grin grin grin people wey go break leg, break neck running for safety go plenty pass people wey come rally sef grin
You have more white people in that gathering.
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by Odibembem: 6:32am On Jul 16
SmartPolician:

You should have mentioned who was better than Obj. That's common sense, bros.

BTW, leadership is seen from different angles - you can choose the good or bad. The choice is yours.

I was replying to a call to make him another Paul Biya or Museveni, we would had been in a far terrible state by now. If u take item by item, u can list many presidents that did better than him. In upholding rule of law and d tenets of democracy, both Yar Adua and GEJ did far better than him. In building critical national infrastructure, Buhari did better than him.
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by ZTsambad: 12:28pm On Jul 16
NwokoloOwa:

........A Paul Kagame from a minority tribe who has kept the entire country united after a well-documented genocide and made it the favourite tourist destination in Africa deserves to rule for a long time to deepen democratic values and strengthen Rwanda's grip on to the pathway to economic prosperity

I am referring and reacting to the writers assertions bolded above.

well for me it's ok Paul kagame continues to rule as long as there's no problem going on in the country it's better for their stability compare to the zoo leaders struggling for power in Nigeria
Re: Kagame Seeks Fourth Term As Rwandan President by meobizy(f): 1:37pm On Jul 29
Power too sweet. African man go want make him skeleton remain in power if possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Storm Ecuador Television Studio Amid State Of Emergency / Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! / Boris Johnson Turned Away From Polling Station After Forgetting ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.