Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,902 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent (26985 Views)

Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Chidi Okoroafor, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent New Year Wishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by polyte: 2:20pm
Apostolic Faith Church Worldwide Chooses A Nigerian General Superintendent

Apostolic Faith Mission, Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, United States of America announced its first General Superintendent of African descent, Professor (Revd.) Olusola Adesope (born and raised in Ibadan, Nigeria) on the 7th July 2024 at its just concluded Annual Camp Meeting convention held in its headquarters.

Reverend Florence Crawford was General Overseer of the Church from the time of the first Portland Camp meeting in 1907 until her passing in 1936. At that time, the mantle of leadership passed to her son, Reverend Raymond Crawford, and he filled the role until his passing in 1965.
The next General Overseer was Reverend Loyce Carver, who served until 1993. He was followed by Reverend Dwight Baltzell, and at that time the position was re-named as Superintendent General.

Reverend Darrel Lee was appointed in 2000, and now in 2024, Reverend Olusola Adesope becomes the sixth person to fill the position since this work began.

Congratulations to the new GS and the Church...The Church is marching on. Amen

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Righthussle: 2:22pm
Seventh Day Adventist Church and the Roman Catholic church left the group.

No matter how much their god loves black people,

1. He cannot make a black man pope of the catholic church.

2. He can not make a black man President of the General Conference of Seventh day Adventists.

A black person can only become a tithe payer or a Tithe Collection Agent whose primary duty is to channel monies collected from other blacks to the headquarters in Europe or America where the real owners of these international pulpit banditry organizations enjoy these monies.

264 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by immortalcrown(m): 2:25pm
Righthussle:
Don't be too quick to call names. The black people in the Catholic Church are not complaining, likewise the black people in the Seventh Day Adventist Church. You are the one complaining. Also, no other Church has more black people than the Catholic church. So, why are you trying to create a problem where there is none?

I am yet to see anything that the Catholic Church will envy another church for. Mention anything good that another church notably does better than the Catholic Church. As a matter of fact, some leaders in other churches have occasionally confessed that the Catholic Church has the best standard among all the Christian denominations. My intention is not to play down on other churches. I just want to point out that your sarcasm is actually in favour of the Catholic, not the other way around.

Righthussle:
We will talk when a black man becomes Pope of the Roman Catholic church.
The black people in the Catholic Church are not complaining, likewise the black people in the Seventh Day Adventist Church. You are the one complaining. Also, no other Church has more black people than the Catholic church. So, why are you trying to create a problem where there is none? Some Catholic black priests have written articles to counter people like you who claim that the Catholic Church discriminates against black priests. The black people in the system are comfortable with the system. You outside the system claim to know the system more than those black people. Can't you see that you are obviously wrong?

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Righthussle: 3:02pm
immortalcrown:
Don't be too quick to call names.

I am yet to see anything that the Catholic Church will envy another church for. Mention anything good that another church notably does better than the Catholic Church. As a matter of fact, some leaders in other churches have occasionally confessed that the Catholic Church has the best standard among all the Christian denominations. My intention is not to play down on other churches. I just want to point out that your sarcasm is actually in favour of the Catholic, not the other way around.

319 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by thesicilian: 3:08pm
I used to think it was a Nigerian church.

24 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Built2last: 3:08pm
I'm sure no politics involved.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by nairalanda1(m): 3:08pm
Righthussle:

I am not a Catholic, I even can write stuff as to why the RC Is in error, but having a black man in charge of the RC church or any church does not mean anything.

If you are in church to feel good because they appointed someone like you into position of authority, then you are in church for the wrong reason. Infact, appointing white men as leaders of the RC church has not stopped white people from leaving the church. Having someone looking like you is not enough to keep one in church

This is not to justify racisim, or to justify treating people like second class citizens. (Lord knows that many denominations are guilty of all these things. ) But at the same time, if a black man becomes Pope or a black man becomes leader of the Adventists, the message that Jesus left for his disciples still stands...you must FOLLOW ME.

If black people attain leadership in the various churches today, and tomorrow black members still dey do sin and wayo, of what benefit is black man becoming leader.? Same thing for white people and any other race. If white man is head and racisim and other sins proliferate...what is the benefit? You must follow Jesus.

And yes, we gotta fight raicisim, the church is not white man property. But if your membership in any church is based on the leader looking like you, you are not serious at all.

Modified

Some white people are buddhists. Most main buddhist leaders are ASIANS. Yet, them whites are not leaving Buddhism because the leaders are not looking like them. Same thing for Islam...most of the main leaders are Arabs or Persians. Yet people of all races follow that religion...because they aren't in it for 'they got a black leader , therefore I feel accepted.'

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by givedemwotowoto: 3:09pm
cool
Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Dpharisee: 3:09pm
Righthussle:
Have you ever heard a Catholic Priest preach against Orthodox Churches or White garment Churches?
Hardly will you see that, they preach Christian unity and that's why the Church continues to stand.
They learnt from history when the Catholic Church was going against breakaway Churches and Muslims took advantage and used both deception and brutality to occupy hitherto Christian areas like Cyrene (now Libya) Constantinople (now Turkey) Babylonia (now Iraq), Assyria (now Syria) Spain (later recaptured from Muslims) etc

7 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by tishbite42: 3:10pm
Nice one
This is the only church in the world that God chooses its leaders
The rest na politics, intrigues and manipulation dey throw up their leaders
Some sef na religious dynasty
God help us
angry tongue

5 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by HandsomeGuyman(m): 3:10pm
G
Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by chiefolododo(m): 3:10pm
A
Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by thesicilian: 3:10pm
Built2last:
I'm sure no politics involved.
Why? Because this one worked in the favour of a Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Meti99(m): 3:10pm
Yoruba Christians and Pastors are GLOBAL..
Like say Jesus na Ijebu man

8 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by fuckJones(f): 3:10pm
Righthussle:
what about redeem church, when are they choosing a foreigner to lead them

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Racoon(m): 3:10pm
One of the sound church of God on earth that I hold in high respect alongside CAC, Baptist, Anglican, ECWA, EYN, AGC

6 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by stunnert(m): 3:10pm
Church business is big business

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by santaclaws: 3:10pm
Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by HandsomeGuyman(m): 3:10pm
Please i want to start a church, how much is enough to start with?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by femtex007(m): 3:11pm
It's so good they remember africa in their planning
Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by tishbite42: 3:12pm
immortalcrown:

The truth is the bitter pill
We all know how Francis Cardinal Arinze was bypassed for Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger
Racism!!!

6 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Honourary5(m): 3:12pm
Congratulations
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design
Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Obierika(m): 3:12pm
Good news for once cheesy

Congratulations to him!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by colossus91(m): 3:12pm
immortalcrown:

Hos point is Catholic Church has never had a black pope!

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Yomit71(m): 3:12pm
God be praise.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Biggaboi(m): 3:12pm
Righthussle:

grin
You think electing a pope is like choosing the next Daddy GO like other denominations?
Go and read about the conclave and you'll get an idea

As for a black man being a pope, there was a huge possibility of that before Pope Francis was elected. Our very own Francis Cardinal Arinze was widely touted to succeed Pope Benedict but age worked against him as he was already 80 at the time Pope Francis was elected in 2013 so he could not even participate in the conclave let alone be elected.

It's not about race in the Catholic church. Never was and never will be!

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by Ajens1991: 3:12pm
Righthussle:

Jesus told peter clearly never to let a black man become the head of the church. Corruption and tribalism will swallow the cross if it is allowed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by SmartPolician: 3:12pm
Congratulations to him!

The Catholic Church in Africa still looks forward to the day the Vatican will elect its first Black Pope.

Cardinal Francis Arinze is more knowledgeable than two popes who emerged after the death of Saint John Paul II

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church Chooses Olusola Adesope As General Superintendent by tishbite42: 3:13pm
HandsomeGuyman:
Please i want to start a church, how much is enough to start with?
Go collect loan for PalmPay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / Primate Ayodele's Prophecies On Wike, PDP, APC Ahead Of 2023 Election / Somali Religion & Mythology

Viewing this topic: kaycrystal(m), Olumyco(m), gracefoundmme(m), Steve5511, Geosystem(m), kinz17 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.