Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,199 members, 7,897,090 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 08:27 AM

Japa: Moving To The Gambia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Moving To The Gambia (878 Views)

AMA: Ask Me Anything About The Gambia / I Just Got To The Gambia / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: Moving To The Gambia by NLmopol(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15
Hello guys, please I am planning on moving to the Gambia by/or before December. Please can anyone help with information on:
1.cost of transportation air/road
2. Cost of living
3. Employment opportunities
4. Hostility towards Nigerians
5. Amy other viable information and or advice

Note: I'm a law abiding loving citizen and loved by people around me, I don't do illegal stuffs and I still have high hopes that one day we the youth of this country will make things right and take our country to the position she belongs... I just feel I need to hustle somewhere pending the time I can raise a little cash to start my industrial journey.
I'm a fast learner, computer oriented with little understand on computer programming languages e.g python but needs money to learn further. My hustling spirit is high but 9ja don off am, I used to do legal street hustling like selling garnish noodles, moin moin and toast bread..
Please help with meaningful advices.
Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by NLmopol(m): 4:08pm On Jul 15
I am single,and now in the 3rd decades of my life as yesterday was my day but full of sadness and pains inflicted by the current situation of the nation

1 Like

Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:36pm On Jul 15
The current unemployment rate in Gambia is higher than it is in Nigeria, that’s something you may want to take into consideration. Much of the labor force is in agriculture, fishing, and tourism. This link contains a cost of living calculator and currency converter that can answer most of your questions.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Gambia

1 Like

Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:46pm On Jul 15
- why did you choose Gambia of all places in Africa?
- what are you gonna do there?
- do you know anyone there?
- do you have enough funds to survive at least 6months (rent+food) there?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by marsoden: 5:14pm On Jul 15
MrBrownJay1:

Please which African country would you advise one to relocate to with hopes of hustling with one or two million naira?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by ekanDamie: 6:47pm On Jul 15
marsoden:

Please which African country would you advise one to relocate to with hopes of hustling with one or two million naira?
It's better you goto cotonou than goto gambia... Gambia is only good for anyone who wants to retire and want a slow pace life. Not someone who wants to hustle. They are miles behind of Nigeria. Gambia is the 1975 of Nigeria
@NLmopol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by franchasofficia: 6:49pm On Jul 15
NLmopol:
Hello guys, please I am planning on moving to the Gambia by/or before December. Please can anyone help with information on:
1.cost of transportation air/road
2. Cost of living
3. Employment opportunities
4. Hostility towards Nigerians
5. Amy other viable information and or advice

Note: I'm a law abiding loving citizen and loved by people around me, I don't do illegal stuffs and I still have high hopes that one day we the youth of this country will make things right and take our country to the position she belongs... I just feel I need to hustle somewhere pending the time I can raise a little cash to start my industrial journey.
I'm a fast learner, computer oriented with little understand on computer programming languages e.g python but needs money to learn further. My hustling spirit is high but 9ja don off am, I used to do legal street hustling like selling garnish noodles, moin moin and toast bread..
Please help with meaningful advices.
Thanks in anticipation
Please don't go anywhere, Tinubu is transforming Nigeria, the suffering in Nigeria is just for some years and everything will become soft.

Stay please because we need more youths to help our darling President win his reelection campaign so that he can finish the good job he is currently doing in Nigeria since he became President in 2023 shocked

4 Likes

Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:50pm On Jul 15
marsoden:

sadly, the problem here is that you think that anyone and everyone is the same and therefore there is ONE RULE FOR ALL... everyone is different, everyone has different abilities and weaknesses someone who speaks French will easily work his way through a French speaking country in Africa while others will struggle greatly... your above question is the reason why so many people fail in life... you automatically believe that because someone failed or succeeded somewhere then it automatically means that you will too.

i wouldnt advise anyone to relocate anywhere unless they had a valid working visa (or a job already lined up) and enough money for 6months of rent/food etc... and even with all that, some mumu would fail even if they had billions...thus why i asked the question below:

MrBrownJay1:
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by NLmopol(m): 8:33am On Jul 16
franchasofficia:
Please don't go anywhere, Tinubu is transforming Nigeria, the suffering in Nigeria is just for some years and everything will become soft.

Stay please because we need more youths to help our darling President win his reelection campaign so that he can finish the good job he is currently doing in Nigeria since he became President in 2023 shocked

I hope you are in Nigeria too

Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by NLmopol(m): 8:38am On Jul 16
ekanDamie:

It's better you goto cotonou than goto gambia... Gambia is only good for anyone who wants to retire and want a slow pace life. Not someone who wants to hustle. They are miles behind of Nigeria. Gambia is the 1975 of Nigeria
@NLmopol

I thought about that too but I don't speak French. Maybe I'll have a rethink Sha... I don't have much to go farther away from Nigeria and I don't want to go to country where there is hostility against Nigerians
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by NLmopol(m): 8:40am On Jul 16
1stGenAmerican:
The current unemployment rate in Gambia is higher than it is in Nigeria, that’s something you may want to take into consideration. Much of the labor force is in agriculture, fishing, and tourism. This link contains a cost of living calculator and currency converter that can answer most of your questions.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Gambia

Thanks for this, I'll think about it
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by franchasofficia: 9:45am On Jul 16
NLmopol:

I hope you are in Nigeria too
Full time, we full ground cool
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by Ge0grapher(m): 6:08pm On Jul 18
Rwanda is better bro
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by RGRNetwork: 9:31pm On Jul 18
Angola and south Africa is better and richer.
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by MatrixReloaded: 6:54am On Jul 19
Swaziland and at least there women are free and will accommodate you for as long as you dey gidddem giddem gidddem.
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by KLEINBASS: 4:24pm On Jul 19
RGRNetwork:

Please we don’t want you anymore in South Africa, we are tired of your criminal brothers.
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by LEGITCHUDDY: 4:24pm On Jul 19
RGRNetwork:

Angola ke??
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by RGRNetwork: 8:10pm On Jul 19
KLEINBASS:

Please we don’t want you anymore in South Africa, we are tired of your criminal brothers.
Grow up and stop using Nigeria forum to spread your hate. Tell your countrymen to build their own forum
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by KLEINBASS: 1:41am On Jul 20
RGRNetwork:

Grow up and stop using Nigeria forum to spread your hate. Tell your countrymen to build their own forum

Tell your countrymen to stop selling drugs and committing crimes around the world
Re: Japa: Moving To The Gambia by Akuruoulo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 21
ekanDamie:

@NLmopol
Is Nigeria 1975 not better than 2024 Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Do You Take Bus Now Instead Of Plane? / Swedish Student Permit / Studying In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.