Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,822 members, 7,902,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:25 PM

Not For Fans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not For Fans (38 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not For Fans by anu3: 11:25pm On Jul 15
Jesus did not come to make Fans but Disciples...

Far too many christians today are mere Jesus' fans.

Fans main job is simply to cheer up their admirers or idols or performers by clapping or shouting especially when they're happy with them.

While a disciple is one who does—not just hears or reads—what Jesus says:

Mark.8.34 - When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Mark.8.35 - For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.

Are we disciples or just mere fans that Jesus doesn't even recognize because he's not like a celebrity... He's king and master.

May the Lord bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Morning Digest / Are You Ready? / This Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.