Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,691 members, 7,921,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:45 AM

₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye (18069 Views)

Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye Withdraws Orphan-Marriage Suit Against Niger Assembly / Uju Kennedy Ohanenye Steps Down For Tinubu (APC Presidential Primary) / Ban On Commercial Tricycle, Motorcycle In Anambra: No Going Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by adenigga(m): 8:41am On Jul 16
The Minister of Women Affairs, [b]Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye, on Monday, justified spending N1.5m to fuel six vehicles in her convoy on a trip to Anambra State.[/b]

The minister made the statement when she featured as a guest on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

The development comes five days after her heated argument with members of the House of Representatives, which wanted to know how her ministry appropriated unrelated expenditures, including N45 million for a New Year party, N20 million for sanitary pads and N1.5 million for petrol.

Speaking on the live television programme on Monday, Kennedy-Ohanenye expressed surprise that the lawmakers could quiz her for expending N1.5m on fuelling their journey, saying the amount wasn’t a big deal.

She said, “How many vehicles? I travelled with the staff in the bus, two security vehicles, one DSS and one police, my vehicle, the backup, and the other one. About six vehicles went all the way to Anambra State for a job and we came back. What is N1.5m for those cars? Everybody knows how much fuel cost since I came in.

“But when I was explaining, they (lawmakers) won’t even give you a chance to explain. They will tell you to just say a ‘yes’ or ‘no.’ How can I say yes or no without an explanation?”

The minister further explained how her predecessor approved N45m to host 33 schools in the Federal Capital Territory to a party and bought a bag worth N15,000 each for each student.

She, however, absolved herself of blame in the arrangement, reiterating that the budget had been approved before she took over the ministry.

“Let me start by saying that last year’s budget was not done while I was there. All the contracts were also not awarded while I was there. Most of them were awarded in March and the contract money was released in May before I arrived in August. When I came in, I heard about the contract and checked some of them.

“A lot of them have not done it to date. Only about four files were clear and not only that, the ministry had a lot of liabilities due to underfunding. So, those other people who didn’t do the contract were part of the people claiming their monies were not paid. Again, they talked about N45m used for a party.

“As I said, I was not there when those budgets were made. That party was held and even the chairman of Women’s Affairs came there. They invited about 33 schools and thousands of children were there. I was told they did sensitisation by going around schools. They provided transport to every school coming and gave each student a school bag that cost about N15,000 each. There were a lot of other things inside the bag. They were equally given food.

“That was how the N45m was spent. It was their [b]way of handling things before I came. I always fought for new narratives since I came; this was partly one of the things I never would have tolerated as a minister. But my hands were tied,” [/b]she said.
Source: https://punchng.com/N1.5m-fuel-for-six-cars-to-Anambra-no-big-deal-Minister

4 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by Okete001(f): 8:42am On Jul 16
Hehehe

I9b0s are protecting this one now because she isis their own.

Dem go convince you to stone your own thief but will protect theirs

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by DatNiggaDaz: 8:43am On Jul 16
grin grin

The minister further explained how her predecessor approved N45m to host 33 schools in the Federal Capital Territory to a party and bought a bag worth N15,000 each for each student.

She, however, absolved herself of blame in the arrangement, reiterating that the budget had been approved before she took over the ministry.

Dem don beam their tribalism on top our sister from another region. See the noise they are making. They want to Sack her & give the position to a stupid yes sir madam fool to allow them do whatever they like in the ministry. She is a thief like every appointees of the bulaba administration

The thief in aso Rock just spend billions to buy a new presidential jet.

The former Minister of Humanitarian affairs stole billions of naira & the emilokans told her to report to efcc & take a bow with her loots grin grin

The fulani former minister who embezzled billions on a fathom air Nigeria is no where to be found under the Radar.

The former kogi state governor who stole billions is playing hide & seek with thieves of efcc while they ate pretendin about his whereabout.

Our close door sister who have challenged the Status quo of doing things anyhow is now attacked by thieves who has stolen the futurebof Nigeria to abyss .1,5million while they ignore the worst corruption under their very nose because it was perpetrated by emilokans from their region.

See what tribalism, nepotism and bigotry brought by mandate grabbers has done to Nigeria. grin grin cheesy

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by christejames(m): 8:46am On Jul 16
Corruption in this Tinubulation is in the highest the world has ever witnessed shocked

18 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by OnyeAshuaUru: 8:46am On Jul 16
Anyone who uses, or has used, a V8 engine vehicle knows it's actually no big deal. I have 3 vans with such engine, and last month when they travelled between Abuja and Enugu, we budgeted 250K per van for petrol. And my drivers were not pleased.
This is why government officials should cut down on lengthy convoys. It's not only best for government finance, but also for the environment.

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by CyrusVI(m): 8:47am On Jul 16
cheesy
It's hard to defend this
Be like I go con dey consider career in politics now o

I want to be a conman, I might just jump on a political dream and dump this Pastoral dream

1 Like

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by Moroccoguy: 8:49am On Jul 16
250k per 1 jeep.

4 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by chatinent: 8:51am On Jul 16
₦20m for sanitary pads? E don be o

They say let women in power. It seems the women who had the opportunity to taste it are doing the worst, and dem no even get conscience when they catch wetin belong to Ceasar.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by CyrusVI(m): 8:52am On Jul 16
Moroccoguy:
250k per 1 jeep.

Na one person buy Tin milk, na another person dey use the Tin do Moin-Moin

Na she spend the money,na u dey calculate am

Life

22 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by AAAA67: 8:56am On Jul 16
Why are the complaining ?
That's the situation they ve gotten the country to.
An average citizen doesn't drives his car around anymore.
Rather prefers to join public transport.
I agree with her on the field issue

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by Racoon(m): 9:09am On Jul 16
They have no empathy or regards for the downtrodden citizens. These are the senseless arrogant and insensitivity idiots the lawless and Criminal-minded government of the day has bequeathed upon this nation.

5 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by mohbadliveson: 9:15am On Jul 16
Ride on Uju. Feminists are behind you gidigba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by SmartPolician: 9:15am On Jul 16
This woman who used to play the role of a decent mother and wife in Nigerian films has totally lost it because she's made a Minister.

The truth is that most Nigérians who criticise politicians aren't any better than them; they just don't have the opportunity those politicians have.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by SensualMan: 9:15am On Jul 16
Chop life my sister. My joy is that as u r chopping life yellow bar people are begging for crumbs in an administration they foisted on Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by GalaxyStones: 9:16am On Jul 16
I fear who no fear women shocked
Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by ableguy(m): 9:17am On Jul 16
OnyeAshuaUru:
Anyone who uses, or has used, a V8 engine vehicle knows it's actually no big deal. I have 3 vans with such engine, and last month when they travelled between Abuja and Enugu, we budgeted 250K per van for petrol. And my drivers were not pleased.
This is why government officials should cut down on lengthy convoys. It's not only best for government finance, but also for the environment.

I was about saying this, the focus should be on cutting down numbers of vehicles in the convoys, fueling those vehicles and drivers welfare and other small small expenses no be beans.
The economy is messed up that 1.5 million is no big money, you can't even get a Nigerian used car with tha amount again.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by MasterJayJay: 9:17am On Jul 16
CyrusVI:
cheesy
It's hard to defend this
Be like I go con dey consider career in politics now o

I want to be a conman, I might just jump on a political dream and dump this Pastoral dream
What makes it hard? 45 million naira for new year party when she was appointed around August,

Secondly, how much fuel will a car consume from Abuja to Anambra? Multiply by 6.

It is the lawmakers that are dumb asking her stupid questions.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by bigdammyj: 9:17am On Jul 16
Noted.
Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by travelzcruix: 9:18am On Jul 16
What I am reading and seeing here is party, enjoyment, owambe etc etc..
Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by ifytrik(m): 9:18am On Jul 16
How much did you people say tinubu's last trip cost us? The Senate also need to invite him to explain to Nigerians how he spent over 150million dollars on a private jet

7 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by MelesZanawi: 9:19am On Jul 16
Make I perch dey look

Obidients dey defend APC minister.
Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by Ttipsy(f): 9:19am On Jul 16
Country with most illiteracy

1 Like

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by MelesZanawi: 9:19am On Jul 16
Funny
Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by 9jaBloke: 9:19am On Jul 16
🍿🍹
Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by wink2015(m): 9:20am On Jul 16
The ministry of women affairs should be scrapped and merged to the ministry of Humanitarian Affairs.

What are the women managing under the ministry of women affairs.

It is just a congregation of treasury looters.

8 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by McAausim: 9:20am On Jul 16
grin
Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by SmartPolician: 9:20am On Jul 16
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

Dem don beam their tribalism on top our sister from another region. See the noise they are making. They want to Sack her & give the position to a stupid yes sir madam fool to allow them do whatever they like in the ministry. She is a thief like every appointees of the bulaba administration

The thief in aso Rock just spend billions to buy a new presidential jet.

The former Minister of Humanitarian affairs stole billions of naira & the emilokans told her to report to efcc & take a bow with her loots grin grin

The fulani former minister who embezzled billions on a fathom air Nigeria is no where to be found under the Radar.

The former kogi state governor who stole billions is playing hide & seek with thieves of efcc while they ate pretendin about his whereabout.

Our close door sister who have challenged the Status quo of doing things anyhow is now attacked by thieves who has stolen the futurebof Nigeria to abyss .1,5million while they ignore the worst corruption under their very nose because it was perpetrated by emilokans from their region.

See what tribalism, nepotism and bigotry brought by mandate grabbers has done to Nigeria. grin grin cheesy

Stop writing trash. You are not any better than those you criticise. I always affirm that Nigerians are all the same. Those who sanctimoniously cry of corruption just lack the opportunity those in power have. In a sane society, nobody condones corruption.

3 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by casualobserver: 9:21am On Jul 16
OnyeAshuaUru:

Sensible post unlike the victim mentality eeediot 2 posts above yours.

9 Likes

Re: ₦‎1.5 Million Fuel For Six Cars To Anambra No Big Deal — Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye by Olatundex22(m): 9:21am On Jul 16
Hm anybody who comments without reading the article will say nonsense, on normal level I knew the political bandits will talk nonsense without reading it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Our Official Response To Olusegun Obasanjo' - Kayode Ogundamisi Shares Video / Justice Adolphus Karibi-Whyte Dies At 88 / My Watch: I Expect Atiku To Sue OBJ For Libel But He Went Begging Him – Ogala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.