Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:32 PM

Public Protest Is Your Constitutional Right - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Protest Is Your Constitutional Right (63 Views)

I Exercised My Constitutional Right In Picking Funke As My Running Mate - Jandor / Claim That UN Will Intervene After 30 Days Of EndSars Protest Is Fake / 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Public Protest Is Your Constitutional Right by gidgiddy: 2:15pm
I will not be involved in any public protest against the Tinubu administration, and I suspect that most of my fellow Igbos won't either. We have no need to, Tinubu did not disappoint us. We knew that Tinubu would be a big disaster, same as we knew that Buhari would be a disaster. That's why we Igbos did not vote for both men

So, those that should protest against Tinubu are those who voted him. They are the people who believed in him, they are the people he disappointed. However, for all those who intend to protest against Tinubu, I want you to know that public protest is your constitutional right. Chapter 4 of the Nigerian constitution has protected your right to protest publicly. So anyone threatening you not to come out and freely express your self in a democracy, is a criminal

Unfortunately, we are in a lawless country that criminalises public protest, even though its a constitutional right. You can bet that the authorities will come down hard on the protesters, which will lead to reactionary violence, and loss of life

However, public protest still remains your constitutional right

2 Likes

Re: Public Protest Is Your Constitutional Right by Nomercie: 2:36pm
You and your fellow are the one calling,monitoring and telling people why they should protest yet you want everyone to believe you are not interested in itgringrin.no be juju be that?

2 Likes

Re: Public Protest Is Your Constitutional Right by helinues: 2:37pm
Say no to protest that would be hijacked

helinues:
Nothing like nation wide protest.

It's common sense. The protest would be hijacked. Some people only want to hide behind protest and do whatever plans they had in mind for quite some time. Better not to protest at all.

The Kenyan youths that have been protesting for some weeks now, how many investors have they sent away from their country? Isn't that going to cost job loss?

How about the destructions of properties which the business owners are still counting their loses.

Abi untimely deaths of Kenya youths all in the name of this protest.

We can't be complaining of hardship and add more hardship to the already on ground

Your fellows were scratching their heads on the thread which I made the comments above. You can also help them.

Let's discuss logically without attaching any form of emotions.

Let's go

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Politics / Edo2024 / Ondo: FRSC Sensitises Ondo Motorists Against Overloading, Speeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.