Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,565 members, 7,941,157 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:32 PM

When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? (1681 Views)

End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths / 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US / Buratai Reacts To The Blockade Of The Convoy Of Osinbajo For The Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Ddeliverer007(m): 9:20am On Jul 17
I’ve heard so much about this protest. It’s more like the apocalypse. But nobody is saying when it’s starting..

When is it starting??
Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Obiedun(m): 9:31am On Jul 17
Forget it. No protest

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Saao(m): 9:35am On Jul 17
They're helping us to publicize it and it getting more ground. I don't want to bother about it before but I'm 100% interested to join after all it's my right. If government don't want protest why not make things easy for us? Nigerians are not hard to govern at all,

7 Likes

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Ddeliverer007(m): 9:39am On Jul 17
Maybe this protest is Tinubu’s idea. I keep hearing protest, protest; but I no see date..

When is the protest starting??
Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Treadway: 9:40am On Jul 17
Nigerians had a prime opportunity in 2023 to rewrite history, clear the stables, and begin on a fresh slate...one where the people show unequivocally that power belongs to the people and that failure should/will have consequences.

Majority of Nigerians failed to do that. They decided it was a good idea to not only reward failure, but also give an already power drunk person more power.

Enjoy your emperor folks.

You have till 2027 to maybe learn a thing or two, or to self-destruct further.

But to engage in one stoopid protest, miss me with that BS! Anybody wey wan protest, na cos you have ample time on your hands, so have at it. Whatever you see, ko f'ara mo! You want to protest against a man who is that drunk on power, when there is clearly no united front and probably never will be.

Good luck.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Ddeliverer007(m): 9:40am On Jul 17
Obiedun:
Forget it. No protest

I don’t want to forget it. When is the protest starting?

7 Likes

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Obiedun(m): 9:46am On Jul 17
Ddeliverer007:

I don’t want to forget it. When is the protest starting?
You go wait taya aswear. Organise a protest and face the music.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Ddeliverer007(m): 10:59am On Jul 17
Obiedun:

Which music? You support killing armless youth?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Obiedun(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17
Ddeliverer007:

If you have two heads go and join any protest. We go deal with you.

11 Likes

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by helinues: 2:40pm On Jul 17
Boldness can't make them announce the date hence making the plans underground which we already knew.

We are taking 5 steps before they take one

19 Likes

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by VinnyBaba: 3:02pm On Jul 17
August 1st. smiley

By that time, It is AUGUST BREAK and there is no Rains. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Shikini: 3:58pm On Jul 17
Ddeliverer007:
I’ve heard so much about this protest. It’s more like the apocalypse. But nobody is saying when it’s starting..

When is it starting??

See it

3 Likes

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by frankyychiji(f): 4:01pm On Jul 17
Obiedun:
HoW many tinubu go kill?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by frankyychiji(f): 4:02pm On Jul 17
Obiedun:
Please help me with that IBB meme Abeg.

2 Likes

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Ritchiee: 4:17pm On Jul 17
IPOBidients' failed protest.
Dont just bring your toxicity to the SW.
Stay in your region.

Losers failed protest.
Please,stay in your region and enjoy your protest there.Stay away from the SW.
Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by SpatialKing(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17
Igbos are not interested in any protest

We survived the 8yrs of Buhari's cruelty towards Igbos
Today Buhari's administration is no more
We will also survive Tinubu's Administration
Tinubu will come and go
But Igbos will remain forever

3 Likes

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by nedu666: 4:23pm On Jul 17
Obiedun:

You mean you will slap and kick him from your computer. All these online Mike tyson

1 Like

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Jul 17
Ddeliverer007:
I’ve heard so much about this protest. It’s more like the apocalypse. But nobody is saying when it’s starting. When is it starting??
Before you go out to protest, know your rights as a Nigerian.
Everyone has the following human rights:
Freedom of Expression and Assembly: Everyone has the right to carry their opinion to the streets. People have the right to organize peaceful protests and demonstrate free from intimidation, unnecessary or excessive force, and the threat of prosecution and detention
Protection of the Right to Freedom of Assembly: Law enforcement must facilitate and not restrict a peaceful public assembly. Where a minority tries to turn a peaceful assembly into a violent one, law enforcement should protect the peaceful protestors and not use the violent acts of a few as a pretext to restrict or impede the exercise of the fundamental rights of a majority.
Freedom from Excessive Use of Force: In the policing of non-violent protests, police must avoid the use of force. If it is unavoidable (for example to defend themselves or the public from an imminent risk of serious injury or death) they must use the minimum amount of force necessary. The type of equipment used to disperse crowds such as rubber bullets, tear gas, and stun grenades can result in serious injury and even death and can only be used when necessary, proportional, and lawful.
Right to Medical Assistance: If you are injured you have a right to medical assistance without delay.
Freedom from Arbitrary Arrest and Detention: If you are arrested you have a right to be told of the reason for your arrest, you also have the right promptly after your arrest to have access to a lawyer and to your family. No person under any form of detention may be subject to torture, or to cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment.
Right to Complain: If your rights have been violated you have a right to file a complaint and to be provided information on how to do so. All violations of human rights by the police or other law enforcement personnel must be investigated fully, promptly, and independently
Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Jayinyourdreams(m): 4:37pm On Jul 17
Can't believe y'all are tired already grin grin
I thought thief lumbu is the sweetest thing after sugar
Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by JagabanB: 4:49pm On Jul 17
Treadway:
Nigerians had a prime opportunity in 2023 to rewrite history, clear the stables, and begin on a fresh slate...one where the people show unequivocally that power belongs to the people and that failure should/will have consequences.

Majority of Nigerians failed to do that. They decided it was a good idea to not only reward failure, but also give an already power drunk person more power.

Enjoy your emperor folks.

You have till 2027 to maybe learn a thing or two, or to self-destruct further.

But to engage in one stoopid protest, miss me with that BS! Anybody wey wan protest, na cos you have ample time on your hands, so have at it. Whatever you see, ko f'ara mo! You want to protest against a man who is that drunk on power, when there is clearly no united front and probably never will be.

Good luck.

Obi was never "prime opportunity".
You don't "rewrite" history with same story, when Nigerians are serious, we will all back someone who will rewrite history not a whitewashed saint.

1 Like

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Treadway: 4:52pm On Jul 17
JagabanB:

Obi was never "prime opportunity".
You don't "rewrite" history with same story, when Nigerians are serious, we will all back someone who will rewrite history not a whitewashed saint.
https://www.nairaland.com/8017949/how-nigeria-people-govt-got

Read that again

I don't really give a damn about Obi. Yea I supported him, but what was key was that we had a chance to show the powers that be that NO! We have the power! But majority decided we should continue as is.

Rather than send a strong message at the polls, after Buhari nearly kee everybody we still moved on like nothing happened and voted ApC to continue...beeni! na so dem go rate you.

Lol

Everybody will use their tongue to count their teeth no lele.

Even if monkey party won, it would have been a success, we would have passed a strong message. Awon arindin kan wa se se fe protest nisin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by UcheKingsley1: 4:53pm On Jul 17
VinnyBaba:

August 1st. smiley

By that time, It is AUGUST BREAK and there is no Rains. smiley
cool

1 Like

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by JagabanB: 4:54pm On Jul 17
Treadway:
https://www.nairaland.com/8017949/how-nigeria-people-govt-got

Read that again

I don't really give a damn about Obi. Yea I supported him, but what was key was that we had a chance to show the powers that be that NO! We have the power!

But rather than do that, after Buhari nearly new everybody we still moved on like nothing happened and voted ApC to continue...beeni! na so dem go rate you.

Lol

Everybody will use their tongue to count their teeth no lele.

Even if monkey party won, it would have been a success, we would have passed a strong message. Awon arindin kan wa se se fe protest nisin.
Growth in a society is not about passing a message, people made statement about passing a message when Buhari, pass a message with something successful, you don't tag something a faiIure and go ahead to instaII a renowned faiIure because u want to "pass a message".

2 Likes

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Obiedun(m): 5:06pm On Jul 17
nedu666:

You mean you will slap and kick him from your computer. All these online Mike tyson
If you have two heads you too can join them
Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by RenaissanceGuy: 5:08pm On Jul 17
Ddeliverer007:

When is it starting??
Who remembers this guy?? I remember you were the one who created that iconic thread titled "Nigeria has finished me" that ran into more than a 100 pages — about six years ago or so. grin

1 Like

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Obiedun(m): 5:08pm On Jul 17
frankyychiji:
HoW many tinubu go kill?
Go to your state and protest so that your governor will make your state a better place to live.Stop constituting nuisance
Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Brendaniel: 5:12pm On Jul 17
JagabanB:

Growth in a society is not about passing a message, people made statement about passing a message when Buhari, pass a message with something successful, you don't tag something a faiIure and go ahead to instaII a renowned faiIure because u want to "pass a message".

And what is Tinubu? A renowned success?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by 0001Lagos: 5:16pm On Jul 17
If that protest hold, E go bloody o so Tinubu should start doing the right thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by frankyychiji(f): 5:33pm On Jul 17
Obiedun:
Go to your state and protest so that your governor will make your state a better place to live.Stop constituting nuisance
Are you from Lagos state? You have abandoned your kit and kin in your abule to the mercy of fulani herdsmen.
Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by frankyychiji(f): 5:35pm On Jul 17
Obiedun:
If you have two heads you too can join them
Enu Po. You wey hunger don bald him head. If you rear your ugly head that day, you go collect akpako.
Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by tunde1200(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17
Ddeliverer007:

If them born you and your Ipobibiediots well make una stage the protests this time uma no go complete back home.
Awon OLORIBU the destroyer of good things.

1 Like

Re: When Exactly Is The Protest Starting? by Ddeliverer007(m): 6:15pm On Jul 17
tunde1200:

If them born you and your Ipobibiediots well make una stage the protests this time uma no go complete back home.
Awon OLORIBU the destroyer of good things.

Calm down bro; I’m not the cause of your problems..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Any Southerner Who Joins #endbadgovernance Protest Is A Fool (an Editorial) / Beko Ransome - Kuti Dies: Condolence Register / Obama To Visit Ghana, 6 Other African Nations And Not Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.