Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,725 members, 7,945,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

Jesus vs Paul Episode 6 – What’s The Cost Of Eternal Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus vs Paul Episode 6 – What’s The Cost Of Eternal Life? (89 Views)

Jesus Vs Paul Episode 9 – On Being Justified! / Jesus Vs Paul 5 - Forgiveness Of Sins? / The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus vs Paul Episode 6 – What’s The Cost Of Eternal Life? by AntiChristian: 9:27am On Jul 17
Jesus’s verdict!
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. Matthew 19:29

Which of you, wishing to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost to see if he has the resources to complete it? In the same way, any one of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:28, 33

Paul’s verdict!
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

What’s the cost of eternal life?
Is it by discipleship of Jesus or a gift of God as said by Paul?

To be a disciple you have to work for it.
A gift is free needing no work!
tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus vs Paul Episode 6 – What’s The Cost Of Eternal Life? by SIRTee15: 12:56pm On Jul 17
AntiChristian:
Jesus’s verdict!
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. Matthew 19:29

Which of you, wishing to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost to see if he has the resources to complete it? In the same way, any one of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:28, 33

Paul’s verdict!
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

What’s the cost of eternal life?
Is it by discipleship of Jesus or a gift of God as said by Paul?

To be a disciple you have to work for it.
A gift is free needing no work!
tongue lipsrsealed

So tell me what Paul meant when he said work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

Phil 2.12
Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.

Paul is the last person that will tell u salvation and eternal life has no cost.
He knew what he endured for the sake of the gospel
Paul would have loved a prosperous life as a successful Pharisee of he had pursued his legal career but he chose to suffer for Christ.
Re: Jesus vs Paul Episode 6 – What’s The Cost Of Eternal Life? by AntiChristian: 1:59pm On Jul 17
SIRTee15:

So tell me what Paul meant when he said work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

Phil 2.12
Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.

Paul is the last person that will tell u salvation and eternal life has no cost.
He knew what he endured for the sake of the gospel
Paul would have loved a prosperous life as a successful Pharisee of he had pursued his legal career but he chose to suffer for Christ.

So let's agree Paul lied that the gift of God is eternal life?

Paul also contradicted Jesus in Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast!

Eternal life no be gift at all as Jesus told the rich ruler to first and foremost obey the commandments! tongue
Re: Jesus vs Paul Episode 6 – What’s The Cost Of Eternal Life? by SIRTee15: 2:27pm On Jul 17
AntiChristian:

So let's agree Paul lied that the gift of God is eternal life?

Paul also contradicted Jesus in Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast!

Eternal life no be gift at all as Jesus told the rich ruler to first and foremost obey the commandments! tongue

Let Jesus speak

Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Jesus made it clear, U are saved by faith and not work.

Jesus promised eternal life to the man crucified beside him. He did no work at all..not one single work he did yet he entered eternal life.

Luke 23
42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Remove letters of Paul from the bible and the article of Christian faith remain the same.
We follow Jesus not Paul.

Now let me ask U a question

A Man that said the Shahada on his death bed and died few minutes later. He did no work and obeyed no commandment as a Muslim.
Will be make paradise?
Re: Jesus vs Paul Episode 6 – What’s The Cost Of Eternal Life? by AntiChristian: 2:29pm On Jul 17
SIRTee15:

Let Jesus speak

Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Jesus made it clear, U are saved by faith and not work.

Jesus promised eternal life to the man crucified beside him. He did no work at all..not one single work he did yet he entered eternal life.

Luke 23
42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Remove letters of Paul from the bible and the article of Christian faith remain the same.
We follow Jesus not Paul.

Now let me ask U a question

A Man that said the Shahada on his death bed and died few minutes later. He did no work and obeyed no commandment as a Muslim.
Will be make paradise?

Jesus will speak and Paul will speak on this thread!
Jesus didn't write anything himself!
Na Paul wrote almost half of the New testament!

Again the title of the thread is a comparison of Jesus vs Paul in matters!
Re: Jesus vs Paul Episode 6 – What’s The Cost Of Eternal Life? by SIRTee15: 3:25pm On Jul 17
AntiChristian:

Jesus will speak and Paul will speak on this thread!
Jesus didn't write anything himself!
Na Paul wrote almost half of the New testament!

Again the title of the thread is a comparison of Jesus vs Paul in matters!

Paul didn't write the gospel.
Jesus spoke in the gospel. Let Jesus speak for himself.

You are saved by faith and not work.
Eternal life is a gift U receive for believing in Jesus, it's not by any nonsense works.

All these are confirmed in the GOSPEL NOT WRITTEN BY PAUL.

Answer my question.

If a man says the Shahada in the mosque and next thing fell down and died of heart attack.
Will he make paradise? Remember this new Muslim did no work.
Re: Jesus vs Paul Episode 6 – What’s The Cost Of Eternal Life? by AntiChristian: 3:30pm On Jul 17
SIRTee15:

Paul didn't write the gospel.
Jesus spoke in the gospel. Let Jesus speak for himself.

You are saved by faith and not work.
Eternal life is a gift U receive for believing in Jesus, it's not by any nonsense works.

All these are confirmed in the GOSPEL NOT WRITTEN BY PAUL.

Answer my question.

If a man says the Shahada in the mosque and next thing fell down and died of heart attack.
Will he make paradise? Remember this new Muslim did no work.

If you are throwing the comparison away then there's no thing to respond to you on!
I brought Jesus and Paul to you and you keep removing Paul!

Must you always tailor the conversation to your own logic?

(1) (Reply)

What Is Marriage? / Jesus And The Criminals - A Beautiful Contradiction Across The Gospels / Uncovering The Mystery: Why Is A Grave 6 Feet Deep?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.