Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,771 members, 7,930,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:33 AM

Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest (1362 Views)

Northern Group Writes I.G Of Police, DSS On The Planned Protest. / 5 Things The Police Cannot Do To You As A Nigerian Citizen. / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17
I took a long break from Nairaland for years now and only returning because I perceive that Ndiigbo once again stand on crossroads of history and I'm determined to ensure we don't repeat the mistakes of yesteryears.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17
The incoming protest is never about the well being of the commoners as real commoners protests are never planned, they are usually sporadic and spontaneous
The incoming protest is a power play between the SW and the core North within APC .

For Eight years of Buhari tenure, all the strong men from the North were allowed unhindered access to Nigerian treasury which they looted to stupor while Yorubas were happy to play the sidekick role feeding from the crumbs waiting for their own turn, hence the "Emilokan/Awalokan" mantra.

Now Buhari is done, and Tinubu has come.
It's supposed to be the turn of Yoruba APC to have their own fill of the Nigerian treasury, but to do this, they need to weed out current Northern occupants of the various feeding stations that were installed by Buhari.
Tinubu has been doing that gradually and accelerated it recently with recent appointments.

Unfortunately while the Yoruba APC were willing to play second fiddle and eat crumbs under Buhari while awaiting their turn, the Northern APC do not want to do same..
They don't want to concede positions they occupied under Buhari to SW APC while they wait for 7more years for their next turn under Shettima.

They have been crying bitterly about Tinubu appointments on all social media platforms to no avail
This planned protest I suspect is their own way of rilling up their Commoners to exact enough pressure on Tinubu to force him to concede appointments and lucrative positions to them.

This is an internal power play, if you get involved as a naive Igbo man, you will be used to settle scores.
Be wise.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17
The North have weighed up their options.

If the riots go as planned, they should be able to control it long enough to bring Tinubu to negotiation table to yield to their demands.
If it gets out of control, they will oust Tinubu from power, and in Shettima they are well positioned to take over.

So in all these power plays, where exactly are Igbo interests served?

If you join in the riots as an Igbo and Tinubu reconciles with his Northern partners, they will both team up and deal ruthlessly with you while tagging you IPOB terrorists and other names.

If the riots go beyond control and Tinubu is forced to flee, or the military intervenes, the Army chief is still not Igbo. And when order is restored, Shettima will be restored and he is still not Igbo.
So what exactly do you intend to achieve with a senseless protest?

Be wise enough to recognise the power play going on and mind your own business.
Don't make yourself an easy pawn in that power play.

Ndewo nu.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Manowar94: 1:05pm On Jul 17
Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by CyrusVI(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17
U people like setting yourself up for drags

See as u dey create thread every minute to talk about Igbos"

Na wa o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by JohnnA1: 1:07pm On Jul 17
pazienza:
I took a long break from Nairaland for years now and only returning because I perceive that Ndiigbo once again stands on crossroads of history and I'm determined to ensure we don't repeat the mistakes of yesteryears.
Your people will NOT hear, they are too ENVIOUS, HATEFUL and Narcissistic to listen.

My first and last comment on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Edygrin(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17
Igbo this, igbo that. Which protest has the igbo successfully carried out?
Abia state was misruled for years, how many times did they protest?
All I keep hearing is, igbo don't protest. What will come out of it if the igbos protest?

Protest in the 5 Eastern states so your governors can turn it to Dubai then we will invite you for protests next time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by sIfioksq: 1:12pm On Jul 17
It's time for the average Igbo to understand the planned protest.

1 Like

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Sam42222: 1:14pm On Jul 17
The sooner IgBO's start making alliance with other regionsi the better for them mean while am from the north but I voted obi ,you guys should stop all this Biafrv propaganda the Igbo's in kd alone are more Dan Millons, Igbos benefit from Nigeria more than any region

1 Like

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 1:15pm On Jul 17
Edygrin:
Igbo this, igbo that. Which protest has the igbo successfully carried out?
Abia state was misruled for years, how many times did they protest?
All I keep hearing is, igbo don't protest. What will come out of it if the igbos protest?

Protest in the 5 Eastern states so your governors can turn it to Dubai then we will invite you for protests next time.

Nothing will come out of it if Igbos protests which is exactly why we don't want Igbos to be involved.
We have left it for you guys who know exactly how to play politics to get it done.

You should be happy.

20 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Beautifulday: 1:19pm On Jul 17
pazienza:
The incoming protest is never about the well being of the commoners as real commoners protests are never planned, they are usually sporadic.
The incoming protest is a power play between the SW and the core North within APC .

For Eight years of Buhari tenure, all the strong men from the North were allowed unhindered access to Nigerian treasury which they looted to stupor while Yorubas were happy to play the sidekick role feeding from the crumbs waiting for their own turn, hence the "Emilokan/Awlokan" mantra.

Now Buhari is done, and Tinubu has come.
It's supposed to be the turn of Yoruba APC to have their own fill of the Nigerian treasury, but to do this, they need to weed out current Northern occupants of the various feeding stations that were installed by Buhari.
Tinubu has been doing that gradually and accelerated it recently with recent appointments.

Unfortunately while the Yoruba APC were willing to play second fiddle and eat crumbs under Buhari while awaiting their turn, the Northern APC do not want to do same..
They don't want to concede positions they occupied under Buhari to SW APC while they wait for 7more years for their next turn under Shettima.

They have been crying bitterly about Tinubu appointments on all social media platforms to no avail
This planned protest I suspect is their own way of rilling up their Commoners to exact enough pressure on Tinubu to force him to concede appointments and lucrative positions to them.

This is an internal power play, if you get involved as a naive Igbo man, you will be used to settle scores.
Be wise.

Right or wrong. No one cares beyond having food not good one on his table.

Let him provide food to the people. Nobody go look him side
Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Edygrin(m): 1:21pm On Jul 17
pazienza:

Nothing will come out of it if Igbos protests which is exactly why we don't want Igbos to be involved.
We have left it for you guys who know exactly how to play politics to get it done.

You should be happy.
You protesting or not protesting would change nothing, it's just boring seeing over hundreds of posts daily about why igbos should not protest.

Like who's begging igbos to protest?

4 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 1:23pm On Jul 17
Edygrin:

You protesting or not protesting would change nothing, it's just boring seeing over hundreds of posts daily about why igbos should not protest.

Yes it will affect nothing which is why we don't want to get involved.
We will write as much articles as necessary to ensure our people don't get involved and understand why they shouldn't get involved.
Get ready to be inundated with more of such articles.

When you are tired you will learn to avoid such threads cheesy

20 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 1:25pm On Jul 17
Beautifulday:

Right or wrong. No one cares beyond having food not good one on his table.

Let him provide food to the people. Nobody go look him side

Nigerians don't care about food.
These things are more important for Nigerians:

1. That a person from their tribe, religion or region is in power

2. That Igbos don't rule Nigeria

3. That they are better than their neighbours

Make peace with that and let the dead bury themselves.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Beremx(f): 1:28pm On Jul 17
CyrusVI:

Na wa o
the person who created this thread is one of the sensible nairaland members who had existed on this platform. It will take wisdom to understand his posts. Please go back carefully and read his posts. It's because of people like you he wrote in three phases yet you couldn't decipher, yet you couldn't.

@pazienza, you spoke like an elder statesman. This is why Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo has warned Igbos not to participate in the protest because at the end Igbos will be blamed just as they blamed us for ENDSARS protest. You wise posts have been fully digested.

Nde wo

18 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17
Sam42222:
The sooner IgBO's start making alliance with other regionsi the better for them mean while am from the north but I voted obi ,you guys should stop all this Biafrv propaganda the Igbo's in kd alone are more Dan Millons, Igbos benefit from Nigeria more than any region

You did Ndiigbo no favours by voting for Obi, if you think you did, you should think again.
If you didn't vote for Obi because you think he is the better candidate and not because he is Igbo, then there is no difference between you and APC goons.

17 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Artscollection: 1:44pm On Jul 17
Most people writing up n down about igbos are not even igbos for sure because an average igbo man no get that time. Power play or nit everyone is feeling the heat and retailers n importers are cashing out and you know people that falls into that category.

2 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by muyico(m): 1:50pm On Jul 17
why unah no stage protest during buhari tenure? reach Yoruba turn, unah dey set protests! we known unah! ndi ara!
Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by descarado: 1:50pm On Jul 17
I don't think an igbo person will be foolish enough to join this. Both online and offline..

5 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17
Artscollection:
Most people writing up n down about igbos are not even igbos for sure because an average igbo man no get that time. Power play or nit everyone is feeling the heat and retailers n importers are cashing out and you know people that falls into that category.

Nnaa leave that talk.
Everyone is feeling this APC impoverishment going on.
How much are you getting in business when Naira is now useless? Imagine people who have their wards schooling abroad and have to convert money they are sending to from naira to dollars or Euros.

Your customers purchasing powers are constantly being reduced by the bad economy too.
Hunger dey everywhere and it's on the increase even in SE.
But the good thing is that we have seen worse ie 1967-70, we expected this for APC too, and so we are better prepared to survive this storm because we anticipated it and have already seen worse before.

Other than that, the suffering touch everywhere and everyone.
But we will not present our heads to be used to break any Nigerian coconut.
Let the suffering continue. It's an endurance test, may the strongest survive.😀

14 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by nedu666: 2:12pm On Jul 17
Op preach on. No amount of protest can topple any govt in power. So what is the essence

5 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by vanbonattel: 2:26pm On Jul 17
pazienza:

Nnaa leave that talk.
How much are you getting in business when Naira is now useless? Imagine people who have their wards schooling abroad and have to convert money they are sending to from naira to dollars or Euros.

Your customers purchasing powers are constantly being reduced by the bad economy too.
But the good thing is that we have seen worse ie 1967-70, we expected this for APC too, and so we are better prepared to survive this storm because we anticipated it and have already seen worse before.

God bless you Sir.

Your writing just calmed my nerves.

We had seen worse.

7 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Chinkoalhaji34: 2:27pm On Jul 17
Abeg make dem no dey do protest again, e no go solve anything for us, make we find better ways to move forward.
Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by LordIsaac(m): 2:36pm On Jul 17
Beremx:
the person who created this thread is one of the sensible nairaland members who had existed on this platform. It will take wisdom to understand his posts. Please go back carefully and read his posts. It's because of people like you he wrote in three phases yet you couldn't decipher, yet you couldn't.

@pazienza, you spoke like an elder statesman. This is why Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo has warned Igbos not to participate in the protest because at the end Igbos will be blamed just as they blamed us for ENDSARS protest. You wise posts have been fully digested.

Nde wo
His counsel is for all commoners...making it an Igbo counsel speaks volumes. He is only accusing others of an opportunity he desperately craved for but will never get for the selfsame reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 2:49pm On Jul 17
LordIsaac:

His counsel is for all commoners...making it an Igbo counsel speaks volumes. He is only accusing others of an opportunity he desperately craved for but will never get for the selfsame reason.

Which opportunity bikonu?
The only opportunity an Igbo nationalist like myself crave for is for Igboland to be politically independent from the rest of Nigeria.
And mind you I hate multiethnic Biafra with Minorities.
I only want an independent Igboland.
So maybe you can retract your opinion.

I don't care about non Igbo commoners, it's not my duty to care about them. Maybe you should write for them and get people discuss about it.
I'm only interested about Igbo commoners. I'm unapologetically pro Igbo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Ojiofor: 2:51pm On Jul 17
Edygrin:

Nothing wrong in asking ndi Igbo to stay out of Yoruba and Fulani fight in the name of protest,the two groups should settle their differences without Igbo getting involved.

5 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Fighttillvictory: 3:07pm On Jul 17
CyrusVI:

Na wa o
ogboni anyi aman protest go and cry river

1 Like

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Fighttillvictory: 3:11pm On Jul 17
Edygrin:

ogboni anyi aman protest go and cry river

1 Like

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Philipponzaghi: 3:13pm On Jul 17
Oh, because clearly the average Igbo person is incapable of understanding anything without your condescending explanation. Thanks for enlightening us.
Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by pazienza(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17
Philipponzaghi:
Oh, because clearly the average Igbo person is incapable of understanding anything without your condescending explanation. Thanks for enlightening us.

You are welcome grin

5 Likes

Re: Things The Average Igbo Must Understand About The Planned Protest by Samakus(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17
pazienza:

Nnaa leave that talk.

What brand do you take? I would love to send you small thing for 1 crate

Inwere uche

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's Called Headshot Lol / Need Urgent Information / News Story: Africans Mull Citizenship For Slave Kin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.