Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,663 members, 7,930,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 02:09 PM

Muyiwa Hassan: Revolutionizing Nigerian Agriculture Through Innovation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Muyiwa Hassan: Revolutionizing Nigerian Agriculture Through Innovation (117 Views)

Revolutionizing Nigerian Agriculture / Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way / Brazil To Inject $1.1b Into Nigerian Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Muyiwa Hassan: Revolutionizing Nigerian Agriculture Through Innovation by Yessiey(m): 4:03pm On Jul 17
Muyiwa Hassan, an esteemed agriculturalist from Ibadan, Oyo State, is making remarkable progress in Nigeria’s farming sector. His educational journey began at Mary Hill Convent School in Idi-Ape, Ibadan, continued through Nickdel College, and concluded with senior secondary studies at Westley College of Science in Elekuro, Ibadan. Hassan earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from Babcock University in Ogun State and later pursued a degree in Investment Law from Adams State University in Colorado. He is currently working towards an MBA at the University of Sunderland.

Hassan's career in agriculture is inspired by his father, a prominent figure in the field at both state and national levels. “My lifelong passion for agriculture is driven by the desire to bridge gaps in wealth, food security, employment, and economic growth,” Hassan stated. He believes agriculture offers success opportunities even to those with limited education.

As a director at Mirth Agric Farm, a family business with over 30 years of history, Hassan is pivotal in advancing its mission. “Mirth Agric is my heritage, and I am committed to driving its vision forward,” he remarked. The organization aims to provide agricultural resources, boost the economy, and serve as a model for the continent. Mirth Agric showcases agriculture’s wealth and opportunities, attracting new participants to the field.

Specializing in livestock production, Mirth Agric Farms is renowned for its high-quality exotic breeds. Historically, agriculture was Nigeria’s economic backbone before the oil boom. Mirth Agric is committed to enhancing the quality and availability of meat and other farm products. “Our focus is on delivering superior meat quality and efficient service,” Hassan explained.

To address challenges such as the lack of pasture, high feed costs, disease control, and limited veterinary services, Mirth Agric developed a 78-acre commercial paddock for livestock feeding. This initiative tackles the shortage of grazing land. Additionally, the farm is researching disease-resistant livestock varieties to boost productivity and profitability. “We aim to provide a sustainable model that benefits both new and existing farmers,” Hassan noted. Mirth Agric’s efforts extend beyond improving their own operations to setting a benchmark for the agricultural industry. Hassan concluded, “Our mission is to enhance the industry, offering guidance and support to ensure that agriculture continues to be a viable and prosperous field for future generations.

Read more on https://yessiey.com/muyiwa-hassan-pioneering-agricultural-innovation-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Revealing The Enigma Of Psychedelic Portals: Exploring The Wonders Of Magic Mush / Raingun Setup Help / I We Appreciate I Need 2000 Pieces Upward Of Broiler 2kg Upward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.