Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,854 members, 7,930,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:24 PM

"76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting (51471 Views)

This Free Movie Search Engine Can Help You Find Any Movie To Download Free / Tunde Kelani’s ‘Ayinla’ Movie To Hit Cinemas On June 18 / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Racoon(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNQO2vJPjK0?si=N7D37zLxJYq_p4ks

The historical Nollywood film "76" - a multi-award-winning film directed by Izu Ojukwu that takes you back to the 1976 military coup in Nigeria in relations to the assassination of General Murtala Mohammed and how it affected the lives of a military officer and his pregnant wife.

With an impressive cast, including veteran actors Ramsey Noah, Rita Dominic, and Chidi Mokeme, this historical fiction drama will keep you on the edge of your seat.

But what makes "76" truly special is the dedication of its cast. They trained with the Nigerian army for six months to bring authenticity to their roles as military officers and their wives. Plus, the film uses real archived footage of the coup to create an immersive experience for viewers.

Remarkably, "76” marks the first few historical movies to come out of Nollywood since 1992 when Nollywood was officially recognised. Although Nigerian movies stem as far back as the mid-1960s.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/52hrKdrox2YBRqjR/?mibextid=oFDknk

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Racoon(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17
I must say the main characters in this epic seat-on-edge film were really impressive especially Ramsey Noah and Chidi Mokem given that they have no military drill background except the ones acquired in the course of producing this movie.

Shot mainly @ Letmauk Barracks, Mokola-Ibadan, Oyo State; the cars, costume, social life and environment setting were just the ideal type given that it was the former 4th Battalion Barracks in the 1960-1970s Nigeria. The theme picture above is in the officer's quarters area. I remember going to the officer's mess downward away from here with pop back then.

All the areas used for the movie were well familiar turfs especially the parade ground that is often used for the WASA ceremonies( I will do a thread on that one day) while my pop served with the army. Shout out to fellow barrack boys and girls folks all over. We rock!

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by FaceTanke: 4:26pm On Jul 17
cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by otipoju(m): 4:28pm On Jul 17
I'm more impressed that they had to do a six month training to immerse themselves into the military setting and better understand the historical characters that they are playing

I like that dedication and this will make me watch...even though you will never see me watching a nollywood movie.

The usual plot ,thought process , and acting is way too slow for me.

My brain dey too fast for nollywood movies...except I just watch funny comedy characters like Mr Ibu just for their funny expressions and definitely not for the story

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Michael547(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17
Nice

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Offpoint1: 4:40pm On Jul 17
grin
Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by mrjoeblinks: 4:40pm On Jul 17
Ehen?
What’s so special about it?
Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by DeltaBachelor(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17
Nice. You guys should try to make it look real and action packed, not some substandard stunts you always do

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by SensualMan: 4:41pm On Jul 17
69 is better tongue

I hope the movie captured the rat poison taker and the weak tribe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by kasim155: 4:41pm On Jul 17
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Afonjackson: 4:41pm On Jul 17
Hope it captured OBJ begging for his dear life behind a desk before being asked to come out that they just wanted him to manage the regime.

Cowardice dey their blood.

18 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Atarakpa: 4:42pm On Jul 17
Must military do with woman and s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Mccullum: 4:42pm On Jul 17
Very good movie, I enjoyed it than my expectations.

56 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by UcheKingsley1: 4:42pm On Jul 17
Warning! Nollywood will take your brain 10yrs back grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by MrRas: 4:42pm On Jul 17
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Successdude(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17
I want time to go back to the 1990s .... When life was good.

2 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by LegendHero(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17
I’ve watched the movie. It was fantastic.

I think it’s been around for years tho. Watched it last year or last 2 years. Can’t remember.

55 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by OkCornel(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17
This movie and Invasion 1897 (a movie on the invasion of Benin empire in 1897). Sweet movies mehn

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Formularcr7: 4:44pm On Jul 17
Is it a new movie? First time I heard about it

3 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by santaclaws: 4:45pm On Jul 17
Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Racoon(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17
I have watched the full movies via a link in the internet and it is just breathtaking and fantastic though I have never seen it in the market.

The most tensed part of the movies was when Major Chidi Mokeme was forcefully trying to conscript Captain Dewa( Ramsey Noah) into the coup plot to assassinate the head of State. So sad I can't locate the link anymore.

9 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Bulldozer90: 4:47pm On Jul 17
This is false. Have you heard of a movie called "the battle of love"? What of State of emergency?

7 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Mrexcell(m): 4:48pm On Jul 17
Is this a recent movie?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Nahunger(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17
cheesy
Yimmu
Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by sylve11: 4:49pm On Jul 17
Nice movie. cool

1 Like

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Throwback: 4:49pm On Jul 17
LegendHero:
I’ve watched the movie. It was fantastic.

I think it’s been around for years tho. Watched it last year or last 2 years. Can’t remember.

I belive it was released in 2016 or thereabouts.

7 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by ohosi4real(m): 4:50pm On Jul 17
I don't watch Nigeria movie but let me download and watch the movie but if the movie don't make sense my MB will pain me

2 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by fmlala: 4:50pm On Jul 17
Nice movie
Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by HEBEI: 4:50pm On Jul 17
Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Freshtruth(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17
Chai Ramsay Noah done old shall

2 Likes

Re: "76" Movie: The First Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In A Military Setting by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17
Be like e go make sense o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBAfrica Housemates Betty & Bolt Kiss In Bed (Photos) / Bbnaija: Laycon Emerges Head Of House For Final Week / How BBNaija Viewers Voted For Queen, Nini, Saga, Angel And Pere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.