Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,565 members, 7,929,805 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:45 PM

Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) (16478 Views)

Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Angry Youths Shut Afam Power Station, Throw Rivers Into Darkness / Ondo Youths Shut Down Akeredolu’s Office, Protest 'Diversion Of Funds' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Blackman101: 11:05am On Jul 18
A part of a bigger plan to stop local production of refine fuel.

Refinery that has not been working for years after undergoing repairs and with the hope of operation commencing soon, now strike.

Nigerian well-done
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Standing5(m): 11:06am On Jul 18
Funny.
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by agyo(m): 11:06am On Jul 18
Dont mind them o!!!

This is how they missed Dangote Refinery in Rivers State.

Paraman:
This is madness

2 Likes

Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Standing5(m): 11:08am On Jul 18
Blackman101:
A part of a bigger plan to stop local production of refine fuel.

Refinery that has not been working for years after undergoing repairs and with the hope of operation commencing so, now strike.

Nigerian well-done
Their own household refinery must sell its product so they object to being left unemployed. Either the govt employs them or they continue refining with drum and firewood.

1 Like

Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Forumites: 11:09am On Jul 18
This whole thing is spiraling around a massive uncontrolled protest. The politicians know and have gotten their helipads ready for evacuation
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Menclothing1: 11:13am On Jul 18
I pity private investors

1 Like

Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by NwokoloOwa: 11:13am On Jul 18
Staged nonsense by corrupt official to justify delays in completion and postpone it indefinitely.
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Codes151(m): 11:14am On Jul 18
The same rubbish sterling is doing.
No empowering the youths. But filling the place is with their igbo brothers
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Blackman101: 11:16am On Jul 18
Standing5:
Their own household refinery must sell its product so they object to being left unemployed. Either the govt employs them or they continue refining with drum and firewood.

Have visited PH hospitals and town in recent times, most of the money made from the drum and firewood refined fuels end-up in hospital bill for strange health conditions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by wallrichy: 11:18am On Jul 18
Lol....I quite understand your view. The rehabilitation is being done inside but knowing the country we are in and of course the people we are dealing with, the corrupt politicians and people in charge of our oil industry. They never wanted anything oil to be produced. They could as well bribed those community youths to block the gate inform of protest so as to have an excuse to elongate commencement of production. They could claim that the protest prevented trucks and officials working to restore the refinery from entering thereby delaying quick restoration. Nigeria, Nigeria..... Nigeria should never happen to any person especially when you are at the ladder of your success. Amen

lexy2014:
is the rehabilitation of the refinery going on inside the refinery or outside the refinery?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Choiceone1: 11:19am On Jul 18
See the game they are playing. Ordinary citizens stopping fed gvt from working. Later they will be making mouth saying ijoba amuni mogun
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Mtmike(m): 11:21am On Jul 18
nice move by NNPC, na so them dey do, embezzle, missmanage and cause chaos. use the chaos as excuse and the wasted money
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by TUTU147: 11:23am On Jul 18
The youth are right,you can't be suffering from the negative effects of the refinery and yet no job for the host community
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by na2016: 11:25am On Jul 18
MrProlific95:
Lazy youths, this can also be a gimmick that will serve as excuse why the refinery could not be completed in December due to youths restiveness, Naija politicians are Demon people

Calm down, that refinery can never be completed under any Nigerian government.
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by beyondPen(m): 11:25am On Jul 18
ArcSEMPECJ:
Lols.....Nigeria na cruise country....aaah swear

Has anyone listened to the recent developments in KENYA??

KENYIANS are taking the right step in the right direction now, one cabinet member and the I.G of Police in the country have resigned ..., the cabinet member said he will bring out all the properties and monies he has taken from even DUBAI , USA and Co Countries to make sure that KENYA doesn't become a great Country.....
Other Cabinet members will soon join the chorus as the Youths of the Country are bent on taking things the way it should be

Our Nigerian Youths are still busy sucking the expired dirty left over milks of our polithievens, hailing them and looking for IGBOS to attack .....very Pathetic

How many Ministers, Senate members, house , Governors etc can resign due to corruption

Yahaya Bello is too difficult for EFCC to catch, they are begging all the babalawos , Police, Pastors, Imans, Soldiers, Navy, Air force , defence council and witches to help them catch an ex Governor......

Soon Nigerians as we all know that love going to where things have been organized , will start moving to KENYA for greener pastures as one US dollar in Kenyan money will have no meaning to their currency for their citizens to consider leaving their country....

Oga go to Kenya and stop disturbing our peace

2 Likes

Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by udeh3(m): 11:25am On Jul 18
It's easier said when you're not in the other side of the Niger... The complexity and problems breeding in Niger Delta can't be understood until you live there. As one who's from that region, I grew up in a small town called "Ologbo". Blessed with over 30 oil wells. Aside the constant government lies, this leaders comes to the community take these resources away, pollute the land and make it unsafe for farming, pollutes the water, makes it unliveable for fishes and thereby starving the inhabitants all in the name of oil spillages. You sitback in your region and speak with a wide mouth without understanding...

After my apprenticeship, I furthered my education, during my IT days, none of these oil companies granted me a space to even do my IT or SIWES. Why, I have nobody who knows someone up north or in the political realm. In your community, you see young northerns, guys from Lagos doing ITs and gainfully employed. Long story short, I never had the opportunity to do my IT in any of the rigs or wells. The only slot we got is to become a janitor or someone who will clear the pipelines route or dig gutters form laying the pipes. These are the kind of task the community youths are engaged in.

If this could be for an IT student, think about employment opportunities... To the best of my knowledge, we have Ologbo as one community driving Nigerian's economy, but, how many graduates are employed from that community? Hoe many skilled personnel have access to good employment there in these facilities? Yet, our counterparts in the north are everywhere in the military, leading various battalions, even those who can't construct a sentence or express themselves. PMB even before leaving secondary school already got admission into military school. How many of us down south had that kind of opportunities

Before you talk, think twice

I am Engr Goodluck Oghenemaro UDEH and this is my story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:37am On Jul 18
spiSeyi:
Sponsored youths by oil subsidy and theft moguls. SW still remain the best place for investment, nah God save pa Aliko Dangote for not building his refinery in PH as plannedgrin

SW or no Man's land State (Lagos State)?

Be specific abeg....or I give you skullarship from Ogun State here... sho'ti'gbo'
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Barcalee: 11:38am On Jul 18
One of the many reasons they'll keep postponing production
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:39am On Jul 18
beyondPen:

Oga go to Kenya and stop disturbing our peace

Now I know what gave Buhari the courage to say that Nigerian Youths are lazy.....

No wahala, at the right time, you will meet me in KENYA.....

1 Like

Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by JuanDeDios: 11:41am On Jul 18
HgsMediaPlus:

At least, FG now has an excuse why that ref won't be completed this year. Or next year. Good one by them youth.
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by ewedunamala: 11:45am On Jul 18
People who understand the importance
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by jattopeter(m): 11:46am On Jul 18
You smart my Brother , they keep using our brain.
MrProlific95:
Lazy youths, this can also be a gimmick that will serve as excuse why the refinery could not be completed in December due to youths restiveness, Naija politicians are Demon people
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Zakiushenry001: 11:46am On Jul 18
HgsMediaPlus:

this country hardship is affecting our mental health
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by AmazingELixir: 11:46am On Jul 18
undecided

They have started again....useless restive youths from the Republic of Biafra.
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by YoungBlackRico(m): 11:47am On Jul 18
If dem shut am down make FG self stop FAC to their state abeg...undecided
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Coldie(m): 11:51am On Jul 18
U are shutting down refinery that’s not working over unemployment lol
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by dododawa1: 11:51am On Jul 18
Hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger

APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC APC
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by BABANGBALI: 11:52am On Jul 18
Very good. Abuja is next
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Dangrace01: 11:54am On Jul 18
udeh3:
It's easier said when you're not in the other side of the Niger... The complexity and problems breeding in Niger Delta can't be understood until you live there. As one who's from that region, I grew up in a small town called "Ologbo". Blessed with over 30 oil wells. Aside the constant government lies, this leaders comes to the community take these resources away, pollute the land and make it unsafe for farming, pollutes the water, makes it unliveable for fishes and thereby starving the inhabitants all in the name of oil spillages. You sitback in your region and speak with a wide mouth without understanding...

After my apprenticeship, I furthered my education, during my IT days, none of these oil companies granted me a space to even do my IT or SIWES. Why, I have nobody who knows someone up north or in the political realm. In your community, you see young northerns, guys from Lagos doing ITs and gainfully employed. Long story short, I never had the opportunity to do my IT in any of the rigs or wells. The only slot we got is to become a janitor or someone who will clear the pipelines route or dig gutters form laying the pipes. These are the kind of task the community youths are engaged in.

If this could be for an IT student, think about employment opportunities... To the best of my knowledge, we have Ologbo as one community driving Nigerian's economy, but, how many graduates are employed from that community? Hoe many skilled personnel have access to good employment there in these facilities? Yet, our counterparts in the north are everywhere in the military, leading various battalions, even those who can't construct a sentence or express themselves. PMB even before leaving secondary school already got admission into military school. How many of us down south had that kind of opportunities

Before you talk, think twice

I am Engr Goodluck Oghenemaro UDEH and this is my story

Chai
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by kedeojo(m): 12:07pm On Jul 18
kingsways:
They have started again

When I was in Port Harcourt that year, there a company a company called MICHELIN.

Again, and again when I'm passing in the morning, I would see these lazy people block Michelin's gates, demanding to be paid for doing nothing just because the company was located in that community.

Maybe they thought Michelin would never leave. But one day the company decided they had had enough. They fired everyone, shut down the place and left.

And lo and behold, the community boys have not yet eaten the empty land.
That is transamadi area, Michelin produces tyres for all range of vehicles in Nigeria then. They left because of power shortage and up till now, the country still experiencing it. Many south south youth are just like that. Warri used to be a place to be back in the days until the youth started the deve system. Today warri is nothing to write home about again. When companies start locating Lagos from potharcourt, some clown here will say the communities are been cheated. Both elders and youth are all same. Dangote was right for chosen Lagos ahead of delta is first point of contact. Visit ibeju lekki and see the current transformation there now. Yorubas are much in his refinery.
Re: Community Youths Shut Down Port Harcourt Refinery Over Unemployment (video) by Exclusive101: 12:16pm On Jul 18
This is not madness. I created a thread on how Tinubu should sack Kyari for collecting $1 billion TAM yearly for a refinery that will never work. This is simply an excuse ensuring the august Deadline Kyari will be another failure.

Kyari should be sacked for this strike, for not providing jobs to the community n for failing to meet up to the deadline he put in place himself. Failure of Tinubu to sack Kyari then Tinubu is mad.

Paraman:
This is madness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dasuki’s Loyalists Threaten To Release Videos Of Beneficiaries Of Armsgate Fund / South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members / 2017 Expenditure Obligation Ranking For The 36 States In Nigeria (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.