Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,763 members, 7,930,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:08 AM

President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today (18587 Views)

Tinubu May Announce Minimum Wage On June 12 / Tinubu's Expected Ministerial List / APC To Hold Presidential Rally In Ebonyi Tomorrow, Tinubu Expected Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by ThinkSmarter: 8:07am On Jul 18
Jagaban is a chess player
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Victerica(m): 8:07am On Jul 18
whytediamond:
grin

If una no go take 62k, make una go start business.

Una dey use government get hope. History no dey teach una anything abi?

Do you know that others are humans too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by whytediamond(m): 8:10am On Jul 18
Victerica:

Oga, are you part of the "others".

Docile, lazy ass workforce.
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by FireUpNow(m): 8:10am On Jul 18
malali:

You are about to be paid wages that cannot buy a full tank of petrol, and you are happy.

You are even mentioning luxury. Can the living wage feed a family of 4, pay bills and transport to work for a month? Bag o rice is above the ceiling.
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Pennilessword1: 8:17am On Jul 18
So after this , inflation continues?? Una no get sense walahi...how many companies can afford to pay such amounts anyway...

Lord why have you delivered me to people I detest. I hate Nigerians lord. You have failed me.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Cj4charles(m): 8:21am On Jul 18
angry
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Sucre6: 8:23am On Jul 18
Victerica:

The guy is a nincompoop it's easy to detect people without brains, ignore him
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by THilfiger(m): 8:23am On Jul 18
Don't mind those useless Governors,

After siphoning

1,Local government allocation together with
2,State allocation
3,Security votes
4,plus internally generated revenue,

They still shamefully said they were even considering if they could pay 62k.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by BABANGBALI: 8:26am On Jul 18
E no go pass 70k. E fit no reach self

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by onyxo76(m): 8:26am On Jul 18
Not expecting anything special from him today, when I'm buying a kongo of beans for close to 5k, i don't even know the minimum wage will take of.
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Hadisirika: 8:37am On Jul 18
Need N500k loan?

Call +2349161112931-
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Jayhome24: 8:45am On Jul 18
malali:

You are about to be paid wages that cannot buy a full tank of petrol, and you are happy.

That is your headache? E no concern you, face your own warrant. Okwa ya?
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Honchoslim16(m): 8:45am On Jul 18
Y'all shouldn't expect much.... Make we hear
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Victerica(m): 8:51am On Jul 18
Sucre6:

The guy is a nincompoop it's easy to detect
people without brains, ignore him

He is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by ufotty2001: 9:00am On Jul 18
What about we the unemployed.. what will they announce for us?
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Ten06(m): 9:09am On Jul 18
If he like let him not announce new minimum wage now. He should be ready to take responsibility for any breakdown of law and order that result from his insensitivity.
He was quick to remove subsidy and push everyone into hunger, now people are very angry
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by bixton(m): 9:14am On Jul 18
Kosiso12:

Source : https://politicsnigeria.com/president-tinubu-expected-to-announce-minimum-wage-figures-today/

If the FG can't pay #150k minimum then let them also partake in the minimum wage they propose after all there's nothing that important that they offer Nigeria.
If they offer something good since 1999 the nation would have been better placed like the UAE and Malaysia in terms of economy and development.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:22am On Jul 18
whytediamond:

Oga, are you part of the "others".

Docile, lazy ass workforce.
Are you calling federal civil servants, the police, the army who lay down their lives so you may stay alive lazy ass workers? You feel they don't deserve a better package?

You must be very stupid

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by ndu99(m): 9:41am On Jul 18
Patriotism is what Nigerians is lacking. due to the current inflation minimum wage increment shouldn't be a thing we compel Mr. thieffnubu to do.

naija don cast

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by crossbreedwears(m): 9:50am On Jul 18
One week ke 62k will last 3 weeks or a bit less bro
tobtap:
Nigerian workers deserve a living wage.. because of the high inflation, food, rent, transportation and even beer don cost... The proposed 62k cant sustain pass 1week..
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by dododawa1: 9:55am On Jul 18
We are watching and waiting and observing
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Slimlord(m): 10:18am On Jul 18
mactoni91:
Nigerians are strong...

I wonder how people earning below 100k/month survive.

Are they stealing or what?

Small pot of stew, you spend almost 8k.
Beans 2k / Derica

How do you guys do it?
as a single guy earning 130k, with other side hutle pushing the total to 170-180k, after all bills i struggle to have 20-30k left. no clubbing, no hook up, no multiple girlfriends
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Menemonic: 10:22am On Jul 18
Slimlord:

as a single guy earning 130k, with other side hutle pushing the total to 170-180k, after all bills i struggle to have 20-30k left. no clubbing, no hook up, no multiple girlfriends
thank God bro, before month end nothing dey inside my account, earning below 50k per month..
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Rilwayne001: 10:39am On Jul 18
malali:
[b]When he announces the increased minimum wage for Workers.

He should also announce a commensurate decrease in salaries of politicians.

I wish we were in a military regime, this would have been a lot easier.

But you see how governors have been moving since they announce the direct allocation to local governments.
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by omooba05: 10:43am On Jul 18
It will not be well with tinubu and his cabinet.. all their family will never know peace in jesus name.. all the curses in the bible and quran shall be theirs.. I wish all of them death.
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Twy: 10:47am On Jul 18
CAPITALBEE:
Let's hope the new minimum wage is reflective of the current economic realities!
It should also be reflective on the ability of the government to pay the wage and also maintain law and order and infrastructures.
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Pennilessword1: 10:49am On Jul 18
BABANGBALI:
na you failed yourself. Shebi dat time wey me, you, seun, lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique, justwise, ajepako, fatymore, folake4u, funkybabee, Sweetplum and Leemzyy dey for heaven dey play, God wan send us go Europe and America, na you convince us sey make all of us come Africa. I remember very vividly that time, how you dey shout Nigeria and green white green for heaven dat day. Na you fail yourself o and ko ba mi.

Me me...I don f up o....abeg i go shoot myself now now... I'm sorry
Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by Twy: 10:58am On Jul 18
mohims:
It won't make any much difference considering the current rate of inflation in Nigeria. State Governors are the biggest problem. Most of them will not comply with the new minimum wage that will be announced

I do not know about the state governors because I believe minimum wage should be left with the states. However, if the government is serious, a real labor negotiation is not all about money, separate the unions and negoatiate with them individually. If the police want certain amount, you will give them deliverables, same for NAFDAC, SON and son. A lot of this agencies are weak and they need to be strengthened, it is not all about leadership, if workers have develiverables they have to deliver within the law let them deliver it and let them agree to a merit system that is of international standard. A police divisional unit should know how to investigate crimes and get results. Imagine, i know a scammer online, soliciting for fake business, I took the number and evidence to a DPO, he said, it has to be taken to some department elsewhere and that it will cost me. I left, the scammer may still be there scamming people. If institutions and workers are effective, we will feel it. Increase in wages is cool, but effectiveness will show results everyone can see.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Expected To Announce Minimum Wage Figures Today by commoditiesnig: 11:27am On Jul 18
Good. Civil servants should be expecting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zanga-Zanga And Tinubu’s Crumbling Northern Alliance By Farooq A. Kperogi / Federal Government Should Ban Hijab In Public Places / Court Dismisses Udom Emmanuel’s Appeal, Voids Poll In 18 LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.