Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,364 members, 7,967,959 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 02:05 PM

100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government (302 Views)

IPOB Members Boycott Protest Announced By Nnamdi Kanu In Anambra State / Minimum Wage: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Labour To Boycott 2019 Election / Plateau Crisis, Conspiracy Against Federal Govt ―bauchi CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by multiplatforms(m): 5:11pm On Jul 19
*100 Civil Society Groups Pledge to Boycott Protest Against Federal Government*

***Laud Tinubu's Ministers for Implementing Key Reforms

One hundred civil society groups in Nigeria, under the United for Greater Nigeria Coalition (UGNC), have announced their decision to boycott the planned mass protests against President Bola Tinubu's administration.

The coalition cited the administration's progress in key sectors and the implementation of impactful reforms by some ministers as reasons for their decision.

According to UGNC, the Tinubu administration has made tangible and impactful achievements in just one year in office, rendering any negative criticism or demonstration against his administration moot.

The coalition praised ministers Festus Keyamo, Abubakar Kyari, and Joseph Terlumun Utsev for their innovative ideas and pragmatic approaches, which have positively impacted the common masses.

"After thorough deliberation, we have unanimously decided to boycott the planned mass protests against President Bola Tinubu’s administration," said a statement by its co-coveners Comrade Timothy Achaluda and Abubakar Babangida Abubakar.

"Our decision is informed by the fact that the tangible and impactful achievements of Tinubu’s administration in just one year in office have ultimately rendered any negative criticism or demonstration against his administration moot.

"Before arriving at this decision, we took time to carefully reassess the performance of Tinubu’s administration in the last year and found the achievements to be beyond expectations.

"The efforts and dedication of some Ministers like Festus Keyamo (Aviation and Aerospace Development), Abubakar Kyari (Agriculture and Food Security), and Joseph Terlumun Utsev (Water Resources and Sanitation) towards achieving President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda are particularly commendable.

"The Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, SAN, has revitalized the sector and reshaped the ministry with his innovative ideas. He has improved infrastructure and restored dignity at the nation’s airports.

"H.E. Abubakar Kyari, the Minister of Agriculture and Food Security, has revolutionized farming in the country. His promotion of the all-year-round farming initiative is a good step towards addressing food and nutrition security.

"The Minister of Water Resources and Sanitation, Prof. Joseph Terlumun Utsev, has demonstrated a pragmatic approach to solving the many problems confronting the country's surface and groundwater resources, thereby catalyzing socio-economic growth and prosperity.

"The performances of the ministers show that the Tinubu's administration is on track and needed a little more time to meet the yearnings of the masses. We are satisfied with developments in some of these key sectors and will not allow enemies of the country to roll back the progress being made by Keyamo, Utsev, and Kyari, whose policies and reforms have positively impacted the common masses.

"We have it on good authority that the planned mass protests, allegedly aimed at addressing poor governance in Nigeria, are being orchestrated by individuals with hidden agendas.

"These protests do not genuinely reflect the will of the people but rather constitute a reckless attempt to incite violence, sow disorder, and divert the government's attention from addressing the people's priorities.

The coalition, therefore, urged Nigerians, especially youths, to shun the protests and instead continue to support the Tinubu administration's efforts to steer Nigeria towards a prosperous future.

"We urge Nigerians to give the Tinubu administration the necessary support and time to implement its policies, which are designed to benefit all citizens," the statement noted. 

"We call on the police and other relevant agencies to be on alert to forestall any breakdown of law and order during the planned mass protests.

"We urge them to be vigilant and ensure that the protests do not degenerate into violence and chaos."
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Xscape1993(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19
Majority of blacks are comfortable with suffering.

1 Like

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by helinues: 5:13pm On Jul 19
Una dey hear.

The last bus left, some people have been stranded

grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Zonefree(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19
helinues:
Una dey hear.

The last bus left, some people have been stranded

grin cheesy
You've always been a major nuisance to this forum. How do you sleep at night? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by helinues: 5:43pm On Jul 19
Zonefree:

You've always been a major nuisance to this forum. How do you sleep at night? undecided

Could you define nuisance and after doing that, go through your comments history. Some things are hidden there

2 Likes

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by yarimo(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19
Bitter Obidients won't like this news, criminals planning to use the name of protest steal and burn down infrastructures especially in Lagos state. Police should use live bullet on any criminal immediately

2 Likes

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by mrvitalis(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19
Naturally a planned protest is no protest for me

But APC handling of this protest is what might trigger the real protest

Back to reality... For anyone who thinks there is suffering now... Lol 🤣🤣🤣 I laugh

By this time next year naira would he 2650 to a dollar minimum

I don't know how tinubu would keep paying subsidy... Right now we are paying over 550 as subsidy per Litre by next year.. When why 1000 subsidy per litre petrol would he 1350 minimum

I expect increased insecurity and less food production leading to higher food inflation

This is not my wish this is the consequences of the present actions nigeria is taking now

Borrowing over 30 trillion with nothing to show has consequences
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by ObiORBiafra: 6:39pm On Jul 19
Zonefree:

You and your people are the nuisance.
Go and protest on your red mud 5 plots of land
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by ObiORBiafra: 6:40pm On Jul 19
mrvitalis:

Back to reality... For anyone who thinks there is suffering now... Lol 🤣🤣🤣 I laugh

I don't know how tinubu would keep paying subsidy... Right now we are paying over 550 as subsidy per Litre by next year.. When why 1000 subsidy per litre petrol would he 1350 minimum

I expect increased insecurity and less food production leading to higher food inflation

This is not my wish this is the consequences of the present actions nigeria is taking now

Your generation will be around to share in the hardship

1 Like

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by mrvitalis(m): 6:44pm On Jul 19
ObiORBiafra:

Your generation will be around to share in the hardship
Sure I kept my receipt of 476k I spent to vote in the last election in my family house to show my kids I wasn't among those who voted those who destroyed Nigeria

Flight to hotel to everything

We warned you people
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by ObiORBiafra: 6:45pm On Jul 19
mrvitalis:

Sure I kept my receipt of 476k I spent to vote in the last election in my family house to show my kids I wasn't among those who voted those who destroyed Nigeria

Flight to hotel to everything

We warned you people
Blah blah blah. Empty drum = Loudest sound

1 Like

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by mrvitalis(m): 6:46pm On Jul 19
ObiORBiafra:

Blah blah blah. Empty drum = Loudest drum
Ok sir
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Bhella5(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19
This news is like a stake to the hearts of Dem Shinasas grin

1 Like

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Paraman: 6:52pm On Jul 19
Zonefree:

Do you need a job?
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Paraman: 6:54pm On Jul 19
mrvitalis:

What date will this una protest start in Aba?

1 Like

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Tsarbomba(m): 9:24pm On Jul 19
Fake and unknown CSO. The FG try another trick coz there's no going back on the protest.!!
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:27pm On Jul 19
grin
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by HypocriticalObi: 9:28pm On Jul 19
Hehehehehehehe bitter grievingory OBItuary people

1 Like

Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Gajagojo: 9:30pm On Jul 19
Xscape1993:
Majority of blacks are comfortable with suffering.
What are the protests intended to achieve?
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Gajagojo: 9:31pm On Jul 19
mrvitalis:

In short as long as an Ibo is not in charge you want the country to burn
Re: 100 Civil Society Groups Pledge To Boycott Protest Against Federal Government by Seefinish: 9:43pm On Jul 19
My happiness is that there is no special market for Tinubu's nyash lickers and another market for obidients.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Massacre On The Protesters Now!! NLC To Tinubu / I Dress Better Than Tinubu, He Use Only One Watch Since I Met Him / President Tinubu Is Expected Back In Abuja Midnight, To Immediately Swear In CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.