Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,955 members, 7,969,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:50 PM

People Born Between 1985 And 1995 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Born Between 1985 And 1995 (2136 Views)

THROWBACK: The Babangida Palace Coup Of August 27, 1985 By Nowa Omoigui / Throwback Photo Of General Buhari In A Heated Discussion With Gen. IBB c.1985 / Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by InstanetTV: 6:07pm On Jul 19
People born between 1985 and 1995 are the most unique generation of all time. Here’s why:

They are in-between two generations: the one before the internet and technology took over and the generation after.

The generation before us was old school and believed in working hard. The generation after us believes in working smart.

We saw it all: Radio, TV, Mario, Waptrick, Nokia, Nintendo 64, Samsung, iPhone, PS4, Tape, CD, DVD, MIXit, MIG32, Netflix, Snapchat, Emojis, and Virtual reality…

The generation before us can be scammed with simple emails asking for money and offering love. The generation after us knows it’s better to have four emails: one for serious stuff, social media, financial transactions and one for experiments for things you don’t trust

We are the generation that knows tradition and question it… picking from it what makes sense to us. The generation before us knew no questions. The generation after us knows no tradition.

We are the gap between the industrial age and the internet age. We understand both sides from experience. We should be running the world! The old guys don’t understand what’s going on anymore; the new guys don’t fully understand where what’s going on came from.

Let me know your thoughts about the Gen Ys.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Tjra: 6:09pm On Jul 19
Interesting read cheesy

All facts except for this "The generation after us believes in working smart."

Far from it, the generation after us just wanna flex their entire lives.

7 Likes

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Zwooks: 6:14pm On Jul 19
You insulted a whole generation. Anyways all those gadgets you mentioned were actually made for generations born before 1985. Go and ask your elders at home if there are any

1 Like

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by InstanetTV: 6:17pm On Jul 19
Tjra:
Interesting read cheesy

All facts except for this "The generation after us believes in working smart."

Far from it, the generation after us just wanna flex their entire lives.
Dont forget they are the new money around now, cashing out big from big tech, crypto and social media, I'd say they run things now and we all are just playing catch up.

1 Like

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Tjra: 6:31pm On Jul 19
InstanetTV:
Dont forget they are the new money around now, cashing out big from big tech, crypto and social media, I'd say they run things now and we all are just playing catch up.
Ma bad

I take back my previous comment. I thought I read "working hard"

You are correct. They work smart and not hard.

1 Like

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Tokskob2008: 6:33pm On Jul 19
Zwooks:
You insulted a whole generation. Anyways all those gadgets you mentioned were actually made for generations born before 1985. Go and ask your elders at home if there are any
Easy naa..... He was just making his own point so why not make yours without the insult on his elders at home

To me, none of those things mentioned above really matters. Gen Z, Gen Ys or Gens whatever, none should be more significant than the other. It's humanity that matters most.

2 Likes

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by LordIsaac(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19
You are absolutely correct. I tailor my behavior depending on which generation I'm dealing with and I blend into either perfectly. 🤪
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Zwooks: 6:38pm On Jul 19
Tokskob2008:

Easy naa..... He was just making his own point so why not make yours without the insult on his elders at home

To me, none of those things mentioned above really matters. Gen Z, Gen Ys or Gens whatever, none should be more significant than the other. It's humanity that matters most.

The energy given was what was returned.

To say generations before 1985 wasn't exposed to Nintendo means terrible research abilities. Or that DVD got exposed to folks after 1985.

It's the problem we have with the 1985-1986 generation. The assumption of superiority

1 Like

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by RealityKings: 6:40pm On Jul 19
There is a misconception about the internet and some other technological inventions. They have been in use long before it got to Africa. The internet goes beyond yahoomail, Facebook, Twitter and blogs(several of its kind)
Folks older than 1985 owns it all. Also the internet belongs to the united state of America

I don't expect you to believe me, but that's what it is

1 Like

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Demayour: 7:04pm On Jul 19
@InsaneTV

I just logged in to come and say "I love the writeup and its flow".

Meanwhile, millenials aren't finding it easy too even though we are a balance between the previous generations and the succeeding generations because we've seen the world without tech and the saturated world.
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Demayour: 7:06pm On Jul 19
RealityKings:
There is a misconception about the internet and some other technological inventions. They have been in use long before it got to Africa. The internet goes beyond yahoomail, Facebook, Twitter and blogs(several of its kind)
Folks older than 1985 owns it all. Also the internet belongs to the united state of America

I don't expect you to believe me, but that's what it is

I beg to differ. As much as Europeans have a lot of evil things they've done in the past and how they still champion a lot of things that become problematic for the world today, they are still pioneer for many things including the Internet.

For instance, internet was invented by CERN (you can look it up). And you were right, it existed since the early 80s if I'm correct.
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by RealityKings: 7:18pm On Jul 19
Demayour:

I beg to differ. As much as Europeans have a lot of evil things they've done in the past and how they still champion a lot of things that become problematic for the world today, they are still pioneer for many things including the Internet.

For instance, internet was invented by CERN (you can look it up). And you were right, it existed since the early 80s if I'm correct.

Look let me explain this to you in a simple way.
First satellite lunch into orbit was 4 October 1957, then later came the Hubble Telescope in orbit. How do you think they learnt to transmit and receive information?

Technically, what that means is, you shouldn't need to pay to send and receive information...
Basically, the internet is about receiving and transmitting information.
But it's not made free, they Make you pay for data subscription and make you buy a phone. That's "control" and business secrets

So when you buy that phone and pay for data, don't think your money stays in Africa. It goes back to the people that owns the internet.

At a point, I started wondering how someone figured out stones or rocks have frequency that can transmit information. You grind it with the right elements and you can communicate through space and time

3 Likes

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Caleb15(m): 7:41pm On Jul 19
That guy on red shirt, yea! that's me.

1 Like

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by real691(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19
Unfortunately, we see our culture and morals pass away with us.

After us, I doubt if our cultural and moral fabric will be sustained.

Growing up as children, what we call abnormal is now trend, immoral is now woke, abomination is now modern, pervasion is now freedom.

I compare our childhood and weep for the children of today. cry cry cry
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Demayour: 8:42pm On Jul 19
RealityKings:

Look let me explain this to you in a simple way.
First satellite lunch into orbit was 4 October 1957, then later came the Hubble Telescope in orbit. How do you think they learnt to transmit and receive information?

Technically, what that means is, you shouldn't need to pay to send and receive information...
Basically, the internet is about receiving and transmitting information.
But it's not made free, they Make you pay for data subscription and make you buy a phone. That's "control" and business secrets

So when you buy that phone and pay for data, don't think your money stays in Africa. It goes back to the people that owns the internet.

At a point, I started wondering how someone figured out stones or rocks have frequency that can transmit information. You grind it with the right elements and you can communicate through space and time

Well this is another point entirely and I get what you're saying here. The world is always controlled by those who have mastered how things work and continues to do so. Whether it cost them or not, they'll profit from their knowledge. It's why capitalism will always win.
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by Ballzproblem2: 10:06pm On Jul 19
All These are not achievement, what have you done with your life, have you established a secure future for your kids? we like priding ourselves in things that are inconsequential.
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by tanigororo: 7:46am On Jul 20
Na Generator Generation be this
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:13pm On Jul 20
Generation of scammers fraud rings,cybercrimes,drug peddlers,ritualist yahoo yahoo,diaspora image breakers, love scammers, hardened ritualists,occult riches,celebrating vanity riches and bloodyhands with satanic lifestyle angry
ABOVE ALL THEY NEED CLEANSING AND INCESSANT DELIVERANCE angry GODVSAVE YOUR SOULS FROM DAMNATION.
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by InstanetTV: 6:34pm On Jul 21
Demayour:
@InsaneTV

I just logged in to come and say "I love the writeup and its flow".

Meanwhile, millenials aren't finding it easy too even though we are a balance between the previous generations and the succeeding generations because we've seen the world without tech and the saturated world.
Its instanet_tv bro, thanks for the thumbs up
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by InstanetTV: 6:38pm On Jul 21
real691:
Unfortunately, we see our culture and morals pass away with us.

After us, I doubt if our cultural and moral fabric will be sustained.

Growing up as children, what we call abnormal is now trend, immoral is now woke, abomination is now modern, pervasion is now freedom.

I compare our childhood and weep for the children of today. cry cry cry
Dont weep bro, what you see today is inevitable, God willing you live long enough you will certainly see more, we now live in a woke world and every abominable thing in the past now becomes fashionable.

1 Like

Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by InstanetTV: 6:41pm On Jul 21
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Generation of scammers fraud rings,cybercrimes,drug peddlers,ritualist yahoo yahoo,diaspora image breakers, love scammers, hardened ritualists,occult riches,celebrating vanity riches and bloodyhands with satanic lifestyle angry
ABOVE ALL THEY NEED CLEANSING AND INCESSANT DELIVERANCE angry GODVSAVE YOUR SOULS FROM DAMNATION.
Calm down chief, we are just having a civil conversation cheesy
Re: People Born Between 1985 And 1995 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:06pm On Jul 21
PARADIZEPRIEST:

(1) (Reply)

Flooding: Reps Committee On Ecological Funds Inspects Enugu / Are The Kuti's The Greatest Nigerian Family? / Government To Begin Trial Of Halliburton Bribe Takers !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.