Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,329 members, 7,937,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC (18419 Views)

Momodu To Ayo Fayose: Let Us Accept We Have Failed This Country / EndSARS: Ezekwesili Reacts To FG's Threat To Sanction CNN / FG To Announce New Minimum Wage - NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by benjanny(m): 7:19am On Jul 20
Shame on you guys
You will request for another increments by 2026
Save this post
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Kobojunkie: 7:24am On Jul 20
benjanny:
Shame on you guys
You will request for another increments by 2026
Save this post
Before this time in 2025 sef! undecided
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by bamasite2: 7:29am On Jul 20
Make sure you protest in your STATE OF ORIGIN O!

Lucasinho:
undecided

Cowards.....

Nationwide protest must go on..... Something bigger than #endSARs is loading...
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Brenbentondiaz: 7:34am On Jul 20
Teymanhenry:
This is telling that FG can reduce fuel prices if they wish. But hell no they wouldn't. Imagine a president threatening the masses with more hardship as a tool for negotiation

I know Tinubu and his hordes are absolute arses, but have you seen any proof of this threat? Or, it's true because it tallies with your agenda? Have you thought of this as being a way of those NLC mongs to save face after fvcking up big time? You think the govt is the one increasing fuel price? Have Nigerians sworn to be eternally dense or something?
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Jayhome24: 7:36am On Jul 20
I know somebody will still comes up with a crying conspiracy theory.

You publicly applauded somebody for approving 70k minimum wages and two days later started talking you were threatened with petrol hike ba? You are mad seriously you are mad.

I knew those enemy of Nigeria called obidients will somehow creep into the matter then raise a dust as usual but unfortunately too late. If you are ot happy with the 70k go to court.
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by gold360(m): 7:37am On Jul 20
labour is dead
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Kobojunkie: 7:38am On Jul 20
Jayhome24:
I know somebody will still comes up with a crying conspiracy theory. You publicly applauded somebody for approving 70k minimum wages and two days later started talking you were threatened with petrol hike ba? You are mad seriously you are mad. I knew those enemy of Nigeria called obidients will somehow creep into the matter then raise a dust as usual but unfortunately too late. If you are ot happy with the 70k go to court.
The was not 2 days later but later that same Thursday night, after the meeting with the president, that he revealed this. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by alizma: 7:41am On Jul 20
Obagreatdatoye:

NLC might be right...FG have been using fuel prices as threat since the time of OBJ so its not new.
I disagree with you on this, besides is the structure of fuel market still the same as when OBJ was president?
Government is not NNPC or Dangote neither is it the oil marketer.
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Tempulated: 7:55am On Jul 20
RichBoy247:
Emilokan JAGABAN the god of Politics. You can't win him in this game. Right before negotiation started at all, he knows how much he is going to pay. He held his winning card to the end before displaying it, take 70K or I increase fuel price.

This however doesn't mean that I support his blackmail-like winning card, it only means I salute his political sagacity

Eleriburuku Eran Ogun. Oma fi e ko ina gbeyin nii.

1 Like

Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by prinzy1(m): 7:57am On Jul 20
kolafolabi:
I recall that during our struggle for a fair minimum wage, the least amount mentioned was 150,000. Given this context, it is surprising to see jubilation over a 70,000 agreement. While any increase is a step forward, we must remember our original goal and continue pushing for a wage that truly reflects the cost of living and ensures a dignified standard of life for all workers.

Moreover, the Federal Government's threat to hike the pump price of petrol should not have coerced us into accepting a lower wage. We must stand firm in our demands and not let external pressures force us into compromising on what is fair and just.

Let’s not settle for less than what was initially deemed fair and necessary.
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Agboogashi: 8:05am On Jul 20
Lucasinho:
undecided

Cowards.....

Nationwide protest must go on..... Something bigger than #endSARs is loading...
I guess you'll initiate and drive it.
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Kobojunkie: 8:06am On Jul 20
Agboogashi:
I guess you'll initiate and drive it.
Who initiated and drove the Kenyan kids? undecided

Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Agboogashi: 8:09am On Jul 20
Nnachi404:
Stop reading news about nigeria if you want to live long
Whether you read the news or not, you aren't gonna escape getting the feel.
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by officialfestus(m): 8:28am On Jul 20
RichBoy247:

Don't lose your life, we are ready for you. Before you wake up that day, we will be waiting on the streets for you. No let your family cry over you, even if you be Abiku and your group members tell you that your time is up, no die by bullets, it's a painful death
s t f u you trigger happy b @ stard.

1 Like

Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by James91: 8:38am On Jul 20
InteliJ:
NLC HAS FAILED NIGERIANS.

$43 MINIMIUM WAGE HAS DROPPED TO 3O STH DOLLARS NOW

IMAGINE "GIANT OF AFRICA" PAYING LESS THAN 40 DOLLARS AS MINIMIUM WAGE AND SOME BST WILL STILL COME TO SUPPORT THIS GOVT....HELINUES AND CO

THERE WAS NO INCREASE IN MINIMUM WAGE. BUHARI GAVE US $43. TINUBU GAVE US SAME AMOUNT. UNFORTUNATELY, IT HAS DROPPED COS OF EXCHANGE RATE INCREASE.

NO INCREASE AT ALL HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED. IT WAS DECREASED INSTEAD.
NLC did not fail Nigerians, Nigerians failed themselves, when you vote bad leaders do you expect miracles from heaven??
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:39am On Jul 20
Obagreatdatoye:
This guy no pity Nigerians at all...he still wanna increase fuel price
And he will still increase it later.
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by James91: 8:39am On Jul 20
Nigerians should stop blaming NLC, they should blame themselves, stop voting bad leaders expect miracles.
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by brainhgeek(m): 8:40am On Jul 20
You bunch should just give a reason or shut up! Instead of giving one reason today and another tomorrow
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Bimpe29: 8:47am On Jul 20
Like seriously 😳
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:48am On Jul 20
alizma:

I disagree with you on this, besides is the structure of fuel market still the same as when OBJ was president?
Government is not NNPC or Dangote neither is it the oil marketer.
Why are u talking like you were born yesterday. Everybody knows the mainstay of this country is crude oil. FG is the sole determinant of the increase or decrease in oil price. It's big tool in their hand
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Emyogalanya: 8:53am On Jul 20
Obagreatdatoye:
This guy no pity Nigerians at all...he still wanna increase fuel price
I hope they wont increase fuel price in three years also until its time to review the minimum wage
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by murphyung(m): 8:55am On Jul 20
Federal government threat to hike fuel price .
Hilarious 😂
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Teymanhenry(f): 8:59am On Jul 20
Brenbentondiaz:

I know Tinubu and his hordes are absolute arses, but have you seen any proof of this threat? Or, it's true because it tallies with your agenda? Have you thought of this as being a way of those NLC mongs to save face after fvcking up big time? You think the govt is the one increasing fuel price? Have Nigerians sworn to be eternally dense or something?

The government have a duty to subsidize fuel price, light,water bill,, transport bill. It is their duty to minimize hardship on it's people not the other way round. For the NLC did you heard anyone deny such allegations?
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Calylove: 9:00am On Jul 20
To be honest with you all, the labour leaders have tried. They have tried. The body language of the government is not encouraging.
Cheers to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3iGowQ8lo
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by joytothewise(m): 9:19am On Jul 20
A druggie president
Teymanhenry:
This is telling that FG can reduce fuel prices if they wish. But hell no they wouldn't. Imagine a president threatening the masses with more hardship as a tool for negotiation
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Jayhome24: 9:25am On Jul 20
Kobojunkie:
The was not 2 days later but later that same Thursday night, after the meeting with the president, that he revealed this. undecided

Ok, then why did they applauded the president and opening their teeth as if they won .lotto and taken pictures?
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by janeedema(f): 9:28am On Jul 20
Nigerians are just good at complaining. Able bodied male youths who simply gossip about their economy. I know ladies gossip, but when guys only talk without proffering solutions on way forward, it is boring.

Leaders of tomorrow, threads of these nature should compel change and encourage strategies to birth them.

I come in peace.

JAOS:

https://leadership.ng/tinubu-govts-threat-to-further-hike-petrol-price-forced-us-to-accept-n70k-minimum-wage-nlc/
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by fabian063: 9:31am On Jul 20
Creamypie:
b4 obj, bread, tea and beverages, oats, sardines na for only government officials. Car was totally beyond workers. All workers were under tenancy till retirement
which kind dumb lie be this one again
Re: FG's Threat To Hike Petrol Price Made Us Accept ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage - NLC by Creamypie(m): 9:32am On Jul 20
fabian063:
which kind dumb lie be this one again
oga how old u dey. Be honest pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbanjo And Ibikunle Amosun Visit Ogun State Today (Photos) / Buhari Breaks Ramadan Fast With National Assembly Leaders / Ohanaeze Distances Self From Ipob’s Security Network.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.