Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,231 members, 7,928,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:42 PM

Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) (48186 Views)

Fisherman Caught A Manatee In Akassa, Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Huge Manatee Killed By Residents In Taraba State (Photos) / Dolphin Caught In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Newlymarried(f): 11:40pm On Jul 19
Fishermen have caught a marine animal, Manatee, in Odi community in Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

According to Niger Delta Insider, the fully aquatic mammal was caught on Friday afternoon, July 19, 2024.

Manatees are sometimes known as sea cows. All three species of Manatees are classified as Vulnerable by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).

They are threatened by habitat loss, collision with boats, and pollution.
Link

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:48pm On Jul 19
just like catching a cow and butchering it... no big deal!

in this harsh Nigerian economy, they will call it godsent.
manatee pepper soup pics loading....

167 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Myrrhis: 11:52pm On Jul 19
Hmm!

Those who killed that mammal can kill humans without remorse.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:02am On Jul 20
Myrrhis:
Hmm!

...but if same people butcher a cow/pig/sheep (that are also mammals) it is right for you?

no animal on earth is off limit, if/when hunger jam people's stomachs. if i am on a desert island and i find no food to eat, i will quickly butcher my dog and eat it (with no remorse) and if/when push comes to shove, i will even eat dead people's meat sef. same like all these vegetarians and vegans, the day better hunger jam their stomach for 3 long days with no food to eat, and suddenly i offer them a beef burger, you think they will refuse to eat it? lol... only comfortable people can call themselves vegans etc. poor hungry people dont have that luxury of life and they eat ANY FOOD AVAILABLE!

188 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Menemonic: 12:19am On Jul 20
sad

2 Likes

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Day169: 1:21am On Jul 20
Hehehe.. vulnerable by IUCN?
.. can't be as vulnerable as its captors, with hunger in the land.
Poor thing! undecided

30 Likes

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by illicit(m): 1:30am On Jul 20
Oh OK
Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Zonefree(m): 2:27am On Jul 20
Myrrhis:
Hmm!

The goats, chickens, cows and fishes you consume don't deserve pity, bah? undecided

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Boogyman557: 5:23am On Jul 20
Holly Gram cool Abeg anything way concern marine, i don comort hand

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by SporaD8: 8:16am On Jul 20
MrBrownJay1:

...but if same people butcher a cow/pig/sheep (that are also mammals) it is right for you?

no animal on earth is off limit, if/when hunger jam people's stomachs. if i am on a desert island and i find no food to eat, i will quickly butcher my dog and eat it (with no remorse) and if/when push comes to shove, i will even eat dead people's meat sef. same like all these vegetarians and vegans, the day better hunger jam their stomach for 3 long days with no food to eat, and suddenly i offer them a beef burger, you think they will refuse to eat it? lol... only comfortable people can call themselves vegans etc. poor hungry people dont have that luxury of life and they eat ANY FOOD AVAILABLE!

I doubt you kids will be safe around you when you're hungry!
You seriously need help!!!

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by richiemcgold: 10:43am On Jul 20
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Abeg anything way concern marine, i don comort hand

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Ashawo too na marine o. Abi you no know? 🤥

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Deeznutz4lyf(m): 10:48am On Jul 20
Discovery channel go soon use Bayelsa people take do cannibal documentary kiss kiss

24 Likes

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by AntiChristian: 10:49am On Jul 20
Pepper soup!

Wetin concern us with wildlife preservation?

Make we preserve our stomach first! grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by datola: 10:49am On Jul 20
What! Meat or fish

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by AbuTwins: 10:49am On Jul 20
See meat o!

Chaiiii!
Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by CharleyBright(m): 10:50am On Jul 20
What the fishermen see is perfect source of protein. Anyone that thinks otherwise is on their own.

By the way, when they pieces the fish, roast it and sell in bits, no one will complain when buying it.

11 Likes

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Ejiakusmith(m): 10:50am On Jul 20
Guys no one of a sudden is saying anything about lalastic lala ...... 2017 , 2018 every body mentioned him a lot ..... Na his type of meat 🥓🥓 be this ooo abi na. Only snake he they eat 🤷🤷

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by MrPresident1: 10:50am On Jul 20
shocked

If you are into scuba diving, you better inform the community well well before you enter their water, if dem catch you, na meat you be o. As we get see-cow, we get sea-man too

Dem go butcher you show you for news say dem catch sea-man

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by yesloaded: 10:50am On Jul 20
Poor manatee

2 Likes

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Hezzyluv: 10:50am On Jul 20
Animal activists come n see ooo grin
Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Gbadugbakun(m): 10:50am On Jul 20
Chie. See meat.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by adebowales: 10:50am On Jul 20
See free meat! It will be very sweet

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Cloud234i: 10:50am On Jul 20
God
Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by EgwunsoDOTcom: 10:51am On Jul 20
Ok.. grin

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Lanre1st(m): 10:51am On Jul 20
Obe
Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Tapout(m): 10:52am On Jul 20
That's their business. If they like, let them catch aquaman and kill him. My own is they shouldn't sell that meat to unsuspecting buyers.

4 Likes

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Fr33born(m): 10:53am On Jul 20
I see
Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Slydan204: 10:53am On Jul 20
Na Mami water e remain those manchis to butcher
Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by ourcrudeoil: 10:54am On Jul 20
Wow wow. Congratulations to them
Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Meerahbel: 10:54am On Jul 20
Animal abuse.

Manatee meat is a delicacy because it was the only source of meat on the island at a time when fish was eaten three times a day. So you can imagine what a treat manatee meat was. Also it is delicious because it is simply delicious, as good as beef and pork; some would say even better.
Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Moneyboyz: 10:54am On Jul 20
People who live by the sea side do not know what god has done for them.

4 Likes

Re: Fishermen Catch And Butcher Manatee In Odi, Bayelsa (Photos) by Olam09(m): 10:54am On Jul 20
MrBrownJay1:

Don't mind the guy he needs to watch Society of Snow

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? / ABCs Of Cake Making / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.