Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,875 members, 7,927,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 05:29 PM

CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends (17162 Views)

Senator Joseph Wayas' Corpse Abandoned In London Over Funds / Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagwu In Trouble Over Funds Diversion - Daily Independent / Ibrahim Magu Tells Banks To Provide List Of Corrupt Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Mandate1: 8:06am On Jul 20
franugo:

You're delusional if you think the money is better warehoused at CBN. Did you read the part where they said it'd take 10 working days to release the funds upon request and they might not be able to release funds in that time for specific reasons? Which bank will hold your funds once your dormant account is reactivated?
you dey mind the people just talking. These funds are safer with the banks and are liquid to the customers upon request. Every reactivated account gets instant value from banks. Now it will become a complete array of crisis managing these customers if their funds aren't released immediately. The govt is just bent at sourcing funds everywhr, but can't account for the ones available.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Macphenson: 8:09am On Jul 20
FreeStuffsNG:

Read the report. If you have funds in dormant account, please go reactivate your dormant bank account now instead of making empty threats online.

Some of the accounts have been dormant for decades and sitting idle in the bank vaults. It makes no difference if it is warehoused with CBN because it doesn't belong to the banks and have been dormant for long.

Btw, FG is not taking away the funds from the owners permanently. The banks should have been repeatedly ensuring that the owners of dormant bank accounts are sensitized to reactivate their accounts but there's nothing the bank can do even of they do so. The real point is that the money is better warehoused with CBN and if the owners need their funds, they go through their banks first to reactivate their bank accounts and get back their funds.
Shikena

What about people that travelled abroad but kept their savings in the bank? Their life savings will just go because they are Nigerians?

Make una they get small sense for that una country.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Tempulated: 8:16am On Jul 20
UselessBuharist:

You see this lost and confused gender they mention me? Na Ogun go kill you this morning, you nor go see anything good for your life.

You swine, if you like use all your useless monika to quote and mention me, you won’t escape death

grin grin grin

The oloriburuku deserve am. You give am wotowoto. Bastaard Agent of evil government.

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Tempulated: 8:18am On Jul 20
franugo:

You're delusional if you think the money is better warehoused at CBN. Did you read the part where they said it'd take 10 working days to release the funds upon request and they might not be able to release funds in that time for specific reasons? Which bank will hold your funds once your dormant account is reactivated?

CBN the grand biggest thief. Useless entities.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by lekonso: 8:20am On Jul 20
Medipharm:
Then How would CBN know Banks have actually send all monies from dormant accounts in respective Banks. Maybe they have records but they would still be a foul play
Trust Nigerian banks, they wont release all the money, because I'm very sure the money involved will be huge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by livebullet(m): 8:20am On Jul 20
my advice: Go and reactivate your dormant accounts in banks and never let them go dormant again. Any money wey enter FG hand na long story...
People money wey AMCOM collobi from heritage Bank now, how far

Enter bank reactivate your dormant account. It takes nothing than just ID cards and form filling.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Tempulated: 8:21am On Jul 20
Omoapena:

That's also an easy avenue for them to divert the funds and claim it themselves...

Many banks will use this opportunity to steal people's money and claim its been sent to Apex bank.

The country is totally finished.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Tempulated: 8:23am On Jul 20
tnerro1:

You are a potential thief in the making

Potential thief abi a shameless senseless Thief.

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by vowiski(m): 8:23am On Jul 20
Mayflowa:

Federal govt might be slow but they will not owe you. Did you read the part the money will be invested in security like Treasury bills and your money will be returned with interest. that means you may even have 3X your money after 7 - 10 years. This was not the case with bank holding your money.

Please keep quiet

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Tempulated: 8:26am On Jul 20
DatNiggaDaz:
So this is what the grabbing & snatching has turned out to be grin

What catastrophic failures. The fake Lagoon transformer about to deep his rotten hands into people's deposit after taxing them to death..

A perfect description of thieves who steals in Bullion vans cheesy

What a mandate ungovernment of thieves grin grin

Soon they will want everyone to forfeit their bank accounts to them. Mad people.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:28am On Jul 20
Anywhere to make money, this government is ready to explore!
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Buzochi: 8:28am On Jul 20
iLoveYouToo:
I tried to claim my dividends in 2022, Zenith bank run me street. It’s better this way, CBN should seize it

Download Zenith Bank e-dividend mandate form, fill and submit, you will be paid.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by lekonso: 8:28am On Jul 20
HawkTuah:
You wan kill first bank. First bank and Union bank has the highest dormant accounts and most of the owners are dead and their descendants not aware..

If implemented, it go shake first bank small, maybe they will improve in their customers services.

For example, i have a dormant savings account containing #25 in Union Bank since 1981. My salary then was #125 per month. When i got admission, i just left the money there, and i never went there again since that time
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by StillDtruth: 8:32am On Jul 20
When i say govt na scam.na murderers and thief na im dem be una go talk "but we need am na".

Na govt go sell una and una property as property to other people.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by doctorbabs(m): 8:33am On Jul 20
Remember some Nigerian in Diaspora are stranded in a way maybe as a result of not getting paper to perfect their status over there.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by jojothaiv(m): 8:33am On Jul 20
Medipharm:
Then How would CBN know Banks have actually send all monies from dormant accounts in respective Banks. Maybe they have records but they would still be a foul play
This is Nigeria and there's always a foul play, stage set for some top management and operation staff to cash out again.

Nigeria, we hail thee.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by lakefist(m): 8:45am On Jul 20
FreeStuffsNG:
“The CBN shall open and maintain an account earmarked for the purpose of warehousing unclaimed balances in eligible accounts. The account shall be called “Unclaimed Balances Trust Fund (UBTF) Pool Account,” the apex bank said in the document obtained by THE WHISTLER.

For the unclaimed dividend and dormant account balances, the CBN said banks should maintain records of the beneficiaries of the unclaimed balances warehoused in the UBTF Pool Account.

The funds are not permanently taken away from the owners but for keep with the CBN so that banks will not use it for their recapitalisation.

CBN insists that only fresh funds should be used for the bank recapitalisation.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

It’s a good move.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by ponishah: 8:52am On Jul 20
FreeStuffsNG:

Read the report. If you have funds in dormant account, please go reactivate your dormant bank account now instead of making empty threats online.

Some of the accounts have been dormant for decades and sitting idle in the bank vaults. It makes no difference if it is warehoused with CBN because it doesn't belong to the banks and have been dormant for long.

Btw, FG is not taking away the funds from the owners permanently. The banks should have been repeatedly ensuring that the owners of dormant bank accounts are sensitized to reactivate their accounts but there's nothing the bank can do even of they do so. The real point is that the money is better warehoused with CBN and if the owners need their funds, they go through their banks first to reactivate their bank accounts and get back their funds.
Shikena

You did not think twice before going to bed with federal government; nothing good comes from any Nigerian government be it FG SG or LG.
Did they explore the possibility of of dead customers whose benefactors, assigns and next of kin, offsprings etc are not in the know of existence of such accounts and investments?
Have the banks made any effort to contact the next of kin of the customers?
The banks and CBN are two thieves fighting over loots.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by AfeezShomorin(m): 8:53am On Jul 20
iLoveYouToo:
I tried to claim my dividends in 2022, Zenith bank run me street. It’s better this way, CBN should seize it

Instead of you to also tell us that there were some irregularities with your means of identity you're here making it seem as if Zenith Bank intentionally frustrated you.

Make una dey talk true online!
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:55am On Jul 20
Buzochi:

Download Zenith Bank e-dividend mandate form, fill and submit, you will be paid.

I did. I personally submitted at Gana street. I didn’t get anything.

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:57am On Jul 20
AfeezShomorin:

Instead of you to also tell us that there were some irregularities with your means of identity you're hear making it seem as if Zenith Bank intentionally frustrated you.

Make una dey talk true online!

You don’t even have any info yet you claim I had a means of ID issue.

This speaks loads about your person

At the time I had an international passport and drivers license for identification.

I made several entreaties to resolve this but they kept telling me to be patient.

I’ll sell the crappy bank’s shares whenever I visit home.

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Bayyajidda(m): 9:01am On Jul 20
FreeStuffsNG:

Shikena

Shut up! Do you or the thieving govt own the money? Stop supporting the many attrocities of this thieving govt.

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by nedekid: 9:18am On Jul 20
Mayflowa:

Federal govt might be slow but they will not owe you. Did you read the part the money will be invested in security like Treasury bills and your money will be returned with interest. that means you may even have 3X your money after 7 - 10 years. This was not the case with bank holding your money.
I doubt you live in Nigeria.
You actually believe people will get their money back 10 days after application? It just like you overpay into eg Lagos state account and then expect a refund in 10 days.
People that contributed pension throughout their working life complain of not getting their money, they go as far as dying. Contractors do not get paid despite huge loans. Is now people's money in accounts that does not concern government, that will the be released after 10 days?
If I leave my money or idle my account for the next 10 years, how is it the concern of anyone?
It is called "putting eye", they first tested the ground with people's dom accounts, but after seeing the outcry, they backed out.
Government that cannot handle it's own money, now wants to help you handle yours and give you x3 after 7-10 years? It's just like ndu baby, the Aza man in sabinus skitts
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Dhh7YFgWG7SETnNV/?mibextid=D5vuiz

2 Likes

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by ponishah: 9:22am On Jul 20
Macphenson:

What about people that travelled abroad but kept their savings in the bank? Their life savings will just go because they are Nigerians?

Make una they get small sense for that una country.

You dey mind them?
Na only one way many Nigerians they think, if e no affect them , all is well.
That's why politicians dey dey fool us on a daily
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by lekonso: 9:29am On Jul 20
nedekid:

I doubt you live in Nigeria.
You actually believe people will get their money back 10 days after application? It just like you overpay into eg Lagos state account and then expect a refund in 10 days.
People that contributed pension throughout their working life complain of not getting their money, they go as far as dying. Contractors do not get paid despite huge loans. Is now people's money in accounts that does not concern government, that will the be released after 10 days?
If I leave my money or idle my account for the next 10 years, how is it the concern of anyone?
It is called "putting eye", they first tested the ground with people's dom accounts, but after seeing the outcry, they backed out.
Government that cannot handle it's own money, now wants to help you handle yours and give you x3 after 7-10 years? It's just like ndu baby, the Aza man in sabinus skitts
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Dhh7YFgWG7SETnNV/?mibextid=D5vuiz
Govt knows banks use those monies one way or the other, and banks won't like to give up those monies at all.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by AfeezShomorin(m): 9:38am On Jul 20
iLoveYouToo:

You don’t even have any info yet you claim I had a means of ID issue.

This speaks loads about your person

At the time I had an international passport and drivers license for identification.

I made several entreaties to resolve this but they kept telling me to be patient.

I’ll sell the crappy bank’s shares whenever I visit home.

There is no reason why a bank will intentionally hold on to your dividends!

There is something you're not telling us.

It is only people who do not have experience in this type of matter that you can tell this your one-sided story!

Stop trying to cast Zenith Bank in bad light!!!
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by andy244: 10:02am On Jul 20
post=131047269:

Lagos
After all you read here?
Hatred for Lagos has eaten too deep into some people's medulla oblongata sha!

Education no be scam o.
Everyone knows how Lagos operates so If you simply do not understand what he wrote, then you need to go back to school.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by FireUpNow(m): 10:10am On Jul 20
FreeStuffsNG:

Shikena

I have funds with wema bank in a dormant account. Maybe I can go to the bank to start the process of activating my account if possible.

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Hand Over Funds In Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Dividends by Artscollection: 10:15am On Jul 20
Ronu people and abokis handed the country to bandits, moppen up everything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan / 2023: Don’t Direct Yoruba To Support Any Aspirant - Obasanjo Advises Ooni Of Ife / APC Adopts Direct Mode For Kogi Governorship Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.