Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,822 members, 7,902,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:26 PM

This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. (422 Views)

Pls Help My GS350 Is Giving Me Problems / Cost Of Replacing A 2006 Hyundai Sonata Engine / The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid And Its Solar Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. by cars89: 7:53am On Jul 20
This Component in my Hyundai Sonata 2011Turbo Engine is Given me problems.

After Google research I found the right name for it as "Pump High Preasure"

The problem is that the component has started making a loud clicking noise and when the cable is disconnected from it ... It will stop the noise. The noise started as soon as the cable is connected back ...

Pls if you are familiar with it or you are an expert in it and you reside around Ladipo... Kindly let me know if you can fix it ...

Re: This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. by cars89: 10:01am On Jul 20
Good morning
Re: This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. by Nomerci: 12:40pm On Jul 20
Thermostat with sensor. Big problem
Re: This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. by Babatundehy: 4:50pm On Jul 20
cars89:

The problem is that the component has started making a loud clicking noise and when the cable is disconnected from it ... It will stop the noise. The noise started as soon as the cable is connected back ...

Pls if you are familiar with it or you are an expert in it and you reside around Ladipo... Kindly let me know if you can fix it ...

Mr GDi engine, the noise will not harm your engine or cause any inconveniences, close your bonnet, wind up your windows and turn on the AC, your car has a high pressure fuel pump as your car needs more fuel pressure to work appropriately, this is because the pressure from the pump in the tank won't satisfy an engine of this design, some Mitsubishi cars make the same noise.
You have a very fragile engine, it is good to pay attention to car noises, but in this case, forget it, don't go giving your car to any random mechanic to fix what's unnecessary and or normal, your engine will not survive trial and error, don't go creating problems where there is none, Good luck.
If you must fix because this noise Is of a considerably higher intensity, then you must replace this high pressure fuel pump and its roller tappet, get a good mechanic to uninstall the old and install the new, let your car sit for quite a few hours before this or you'll have your engine bay flooded with petrol, battery should also be disconnected prior

4 Likes

Re: This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. by jceesquare(m): 4:41am On Jul 21
cars89:

It's normal for GDI pump to click when demand for fuel is needed then quieten down when demand for fuel is not high.
You should be worried if it's not meeting the required pressure threshold for your engine's need.
Re: This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. by RZArecta(m): 4:39am On Jul 22
I'll never trust Korean engines, sell the car and get a Lexus. You deserve comfort, luxury and peace of mind cool

1 Like

Re: This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. by Inception(m): 4:01am On Jul 25
RZArecta:
I'll never trust Korean engines, sell the car and get a Lexus. You deserve comfort, luxury and peace of mind cool

@Op this here is world on marble

I never had peace with my 2011 Hyundai Sonata (2.4 GDI)... Even after replacing engine and reworking the one I replaced angry shocked ... Sold the car and 6 months after new buyer replaced engine again 😒😑

Since then if it is not the 3.3L ( or 3.8L) V6 from Hyundai, it is a no no for me grin
Re: This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. by Babatundehy: 9:22pm On Jul 25
Inception:

@Op this here is world on marble

I never had peace with my 2011 Hyundai Sonata (2.4 GDI)... Even after replacing engine and reworking the one I replaced angry shocked ... Sold the car and 6 months after new buyer replaced engine again 😒😑

Since then if it is not the 3.3L ( or 3.8L) V6 from Hyundai, it is a no no for me grin

Unfortunately, there's some truth to this, from 2011 when the GDI madness came alive, convenience and peace left buyers of Hyundai cars, I hear things changed after 2020.
In the US, Hyundai has a lifetime warranty for these engines, some users are on their third replacement, the most common issue is Rod knock, a manufacturer issue that can not be prevented in any way.
The pre 2011 3.3l engines (lambda) are near indestructible, even the 3.3, 3.8 GDIs made after 2010 carry the same fate as the 2.5 gdi, Hyundai definitely got it wrong with this GDI technology.
Models before 2011 and after 2020 are great ✅
Re: This Component In My Hyundai Sonata Engine Turbo Engine Is Given Me Problems. by Flutter9: 6:08pm On Jul 26
Send a dm.

(1) (Reply)

3 Major Reasons For Lack Of Special Transport Service For Handicapped... / Any One Here That Loves Bikes As Much As I Do? / Uk Used Dell Vostro Laptop For Sale @ 100k,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.