Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,638 members, 7,901,970 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:36 PM

ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 (17692 Views)

The 15 Most Popular Athletes Of All Time Ft, Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt, Federer & Ali / ESPN Ranks Oshoala Top African Female Player In Europe / African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by IkePeters(m): 11:35am On Jul 20
Sane, Sallah made the list yet Kanu Nwankwo didn't? Kanu elite level like Eto and Drogba.
This list is flawed
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by 9jaBloke: 11:39am On Jul 20
naptu2:

Read, read, read. It is indicated right there in the first post and the title. I even put it in bold characters so that nobody will miss it.

👍 Seen
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Doyin2(m): 11:45am On Jul 20
DropsMic:
No Kanu Nwankwo, No Okocha, no Samuel Peter, no chioma Ajunwa (the first black African woman to win an Olympic gold medal in a field event)

Nonsense list.

Don’t mind the list.

I was expecting the likes of Rashidi Yekini and the ones you’ve mentioned,long before oshoala
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by eskuvoisrael(m): 11:49am On Jul 20
Where is Rashidi Yekini and where is George Weah?
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by naptu2: 11:59am On Jul 20
Doyin2:

Don’t mind the list.

I was expecting the likes of Rashidi Yekini and the ones you’ve mentioned,long before oshoala

eskuvoisrael:

And Thunder Balogun.

🤣
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by naptu2: 12:00pm On Jul 20
dfrost:
Is it that people don't read or what again?

That's part of the entertainment for me. Before I created the thread I was thinking about the number of people that will rush in and make comments without actually reading the list or the post. It happens every time someone creates a list. People comment without knowing what it's about.

3 Likes

Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Doyin2(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20
naptu2:

And Thunder Balogun.

🤣

Not funny oga.

Yekini was still playing international club football,till 2005.
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by naptu2: 12:15pm On Jul 20
Doyin2:

Not funny oga.

Yekini was still playing international club football,till 2005.

Read, read, read. Kanu was also playing club football in 2000, why wasn't he in the list?

Read, it is right there:

But remember, we're only talking about athletes whose careers started or hit their peak from 2000 onwards.
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Baselm: 12:19pm On Jul 20
Yaya Toure should be above Didier Drogba. Drogba never won AFCON and Yaya did, Yaya won more league titles too and more African player of the year awards. Yaya could do anything on the field of play. He was a marvel, a wrecking ball

2 Likes

Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Jayhome24: 12:25pm On Jul 20
Ashirioluwa:

You are right, but China is the most successful Asian country in the Olympics, and the fourth most successful in Olympic history overall.

Accepted, but India no get level at all just plenty for nothing
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by dfrost: 12:26pm On Jul 20
naptu2:

That's part of the entertainment for me. Before I created the thread I was thinking about the number of people that will rush in and make comments without actually reading the list or the post. It happens every time someone creates a list. People comment without knowing what it's about.

🤣😂 naptu2 and his nets.
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by lereinter(m): 12:27pm On Jul 20
Some popular names I hear in the early 2000 isn't found there

Maputo express

Mutembe

Fredrick

Morocco 1500m man
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by stulp16: 12:32pm On Jul 20
absolute nonsense list. where's kanu?
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Shattuck(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20
DropsMic:
No Kanu Nwankwo, No Okocha, no Samuel Peter, no chioma Ajunwa (the first black African woman to win an Olympic gold medal in a field event)

Nonsense list.
of the century, read bro
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Shattuck(m): 12:47pm On Jul 20
naptu2:

https://africa.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/40587128/are-africa-25-best-athletes-21st-century

PLEASE READ THE ARTICLE CAREFULLY BEFORE COMMENTING.

* Check whether a person is actually on the list before saying he is not on the list.

* Check whether a person is on the just missed out list before asking where the person is.

* Consider the period under consideration before asking for athletes from the 1990s (it's from 2000 till now).
despite the notice alot of Nigerians still failed to comprehend, always so quick to react, if nah exams this are some of the folks who will fail woefully, later begin dey wonder how Dem take fail 🤣🤣🤣 you'll hears words like " I be write for that course"the lecturer wicked"
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Mirasteel: 1:00pm On Jul 20
I don't know most of them
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Throwback: 1:08pm On Jul 20
DropsMic:

Nonsense list.

For Ajunwa, go back to school and learn what 21st century means.

For Kanu, his 2-time African footballer of the year and UEFA Cahmpions league gold medal all happened before the 21st century. Same reason George Weah that even won both African Footballer and the Ballon D'or in 1995 is not listed.

Okocha, despite his skills, did not win anything personally or even any trophy, whether before or during the 21st century.

Sometimes, it pays to be objective and rational in thought.

4 Likes

Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Throwback: 1:13pm On Jul 20
eskuvoisrael:

The list clearly says 21st century.

I don't know why comprehension is hard for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Juoflife1(f): 1:20pm On Jul 20
I too love Oshoala. I watch female football because of her
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by diamond68: 1:21pm On Jul 20
That list weaker than an octogenarians erection
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by diamond68: 1:31pm On Jul 20
Do any of y’all know the white dog on the list or is that just the white supremacy quota ?
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by masseratti: 1:59pm On Jul 20
DropsMic:

Nonsense list.
yes I agree with you,it's a non sense list when you can't read.olodo.
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by naptu2: 2:31pm On Jul 20
This thing about people not reading is actually very funny. Can you believe that someone on the Twitter thread asked why Usain Bolt was not in the list and another person replied that Bolt is from Asia?

1 Share

Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by OgaSeun: 2:59pm On Jul 20
No ndi developer on the list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by alfredilly: 5:38pm On Jul 20
richiemcgold:

Kenelisa Bekele
deserves the number one spot, no doubt. 🫡🫡🫡
The list is however not complete without these two guys below: 👇👇👇

Haile Gebrselassie (Long-distance running, Ethiopia) - - should be number 1

Anthony Joshua (Boxing, Nigeria) - - should be in Top 10

Anthony Joshua isn't Nigerian. Argue with you keyboard.
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by ebchuks(m): 6:59pm On Jul 20
Century neva enter 2nd half, dem don dy rank best players of d century
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by Medici777: 8:16pm On Jul 20
naptu2:

Continued below

Okocha should be there and not yaya toure
Re: ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 by NaijaPrince18: 8:57pm On Jul 20
Medici777:

Okocha should be there and not yaya toure
Only kwenu people care about okocha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Madrid Rules Out Move For Eden Hazard? / Lionel Messi! Inter Miami Superstar Scores For Fourth Straight Game / Prince Harry And Meghan To Visit Nigeria In May For Invictus Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.