Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,574 members, 7,929,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 02:18 AM

Tunji-ojo, Keyamo, Win ‘super Minister’ Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunji-ojo, Keyamo, Win ‘super Minister’ Poll (142 Views)

Tunji Ojo, Festus Keyamo And David Umahi Wins The Super Minister Award / Photo: Tunji-ojo, Keyamo Inspect The NIS 1.4 Petabytes (PB) Tier 4 Data Centre / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo In NYSC Certificate Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunji-ojo, Keyamo, Win ‘super Minister’ Poll by TheRareGem1(f): 10:11am On Jul 20
The duo of Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, the Minister for Interior and Festus Keyamo, the Minister of Aviation and Aerospace, joint winners of an online poll recently organized by The Street Journal, have been presented with their respective ‘Super Minister Awards’.

The duo emerged winners in the third edition of the online poll after collectively winning the majority votes in the poll

The publisher of the Ireland-based Newspaper, Mogaji Wole Arisekola who is also the National Chairman of the Association of Online Media Practitioners in Nigeria made this known in a statement.

Congratulating the recipients during their award presentations, Arisekola said that organising the poll was the newspaper’s own contribution to national development and as a means of spurring the ministers to reach for the skies in the discharge of their national duties.

He reiterated that the poll is credible and was not manipulated or influenced by internal or external forces as the poll has been designed in such a way that one cannot vote more than once, and one can see how the votes are cast. So, voters can be rest assured that their votes will count.

While receiving the award presented to him on Wednesday, July 17, at his office in Abuja, the aviation minister thanked the organisers for the award but did not fail to point out that he is not one to get carried away by awards for doing his job as he believes that one should only receive accolades at the end of one’s tenure in any position which will be evident to all.

Keyamo said that despite rejecting some awards, he felt compelled to accept that of The Street Journal’s because the media outfit is the voice of the people.

The minister thanked The Street Journal for its dedication to the Nigerian project and for what he referred to as the good work done by the newspaper. He also prayed God’s blessing for the company.

“First of all, I want to say thank you for your patriotism, altruism and dedication to the Nigerian project. I want to say thank you to all those who think we are doing well here (Aviation ministry).

“Next year come back again and tell me whether my rating is dropping, so I will now fire up again
Continuing, he said, “The Street Journal is now my barometer, once the temperature (high rating) drops, I will know people are complaining through The Street Journal votes. Today, I officially appoint you (The Street Journal) as my barometer.

Tunji-Ojo who was presented with his own award on Thursday, July 18 at his Abuja office, was equally ecstatic about receiving his award. He thanked the team at The Street Journal for using their platform to project the numerous goodness that abounds in Nigeria and prayed that they do not deviate from being on the good side of Nigeria’s history.

He added that the award is a booster for him to continue to give his best shot in the interior ministry.

While Festus Keyamo was voted by disabusing the minds of many who never gave him a chance, by showing with his innovative reforms and policies which are in line with global best practices, that he is up to the enormous task of running a ministry as large and as complex as the aviation ministry, Tunji-Ojo won the hearts of voters with his unwavering commitment to promoting national security interests, national growth and the development of the ministry. This is in addition to successfully restoring dignity and confidence to the interior ministry.

In its third edition, the inaugural edition of the poll saw the Minister for Women’s Affairs, Uju Kennedy emerge winner in October 2023. The minister came tops ahead of other ministers including Dave Umahi, Minister of Works, suspended Humanitarian Minister, Betta Edu, and Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr Doris Uzoka-Anite.

The second edition saw the Minister of Budget and Economic Planning, Atiku Bagudu, emerge winner

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/tunji-ojo-keyamo-win-super-minister-poll/

Re: Tunji-ojo, Keyamo, Win ‘super Minister’ Poll by helinues: 10:20am On Jul 20
Tunji Ojo and Wike should have won the combo together.

Keyamo is yet to impress us
Re: Tunji-ojo, Keyamo, Win ‘super Minister’ Poll by Standing5(m): 10:37am On Jul 20
Nairaland-conscious ministers. They are aware of the overall failure of the govt they serve undèr and are aleeady exempting themselves from any cabinet-tsunami.
Re: Tunji-ojo, Keyamo, Win ‘super Minister’ Poll by Coolsat(m): 10:54am On Jul 20
helinues:
Tunji Ojo and Wike should have won the combo together.

Keyamo is yet to impress us
Aside the tunji ojo the rest of the ministers are redundant
Re: Tunji-ojo, Keyamo, Win ‘super Minister’ Poll by superCleanworks(m): 11:37am On Jul 20
where are the other ministers?

(1) (Reply)

This Video Will Change Your life and Perspective About Geopolitics (Incredible) / Let Them (NNPCL) Buy The Refinery And Run It The Best Way They Can- Dangote Fume / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Visits Apc Stakeholders In Omasi, Ayamelum Lga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.