Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,860 members, 7,902,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 03:07 PM

Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural (126 Views)

Muslims, Allah Said That The Quran Was Recorded˺ In A Preserved Tablet In 85:22 / Kogi Muslim Woman: "Jesus Appeared To Me 4 Times & Said He Will Save Me" / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural by Steep(m): 11:55am On Jul 20
Allah said he is only one but he is obsessed with speaking as plural.

Muslims says when Allah uses plural pronoun to describe himself it only means allah is using the plurality of majesty.

This is laughable because the plurality of majesty was used by human rulers to make themselves greater than they really are. The idea behind plurality is that many is greater than one. Is this what the so called allah is copying? Human beings? Later Muslims will say there is nothing like allah?
By allah using plurality it just goes to show that many persons is greater than single person and hence he is not the greatest but only trying to copy the greatest which is many persons.
It shows that allah is insecure about his oneness by always referring to himself as many.
Thirdly, there is no where in the Koran that said allah is using plurality of majesty, which means the Koran is not clear and cannot explain itself, it needs other sources or conjectures to fabricate meaning.
Allah, Mohammad and the Koran are all rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural by RealLordZeus(m): 1:14pm On Jul 20
The language that indicates the plurality is human made and has rules.

When you are writing books in English Language or even as you are typing this post, you must obey all the rules of English Language for the communication to be complete.

Stop showcasing ignorance

Modified:
The Arabic language is the language I'm referring to,
It uses plurality as a sign of respect , and The Quran was translated to English with the same style to maintain its original form.

Like the poster below said, the Yoruba language also has similar style, when referring to older person, the word "awon" is used which means "they or them"

That doesn't mean the person is plural

2 Likes

Re: Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural by AntiChristian: 7:39am On Jul 21
As a Yoruba man I can literally say what means "we are the one" refering to myself only and still be grammatically correct in that language!

Many are just ignorant and arrogant!

1 Like

Re: Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural by Steep(m): 8:29am On Jul 21
RealLordZeus:
The language that indicates the plurality is human made and has rules.

When you are writing books in English Language or even as you are typing this post, you must obey all the rules of English Language for the communication to be complete.

Stop showcasing ignorance
Are you OK at all? According to the rules of English 'we' 'us' 'they' 'them' are using to refer to more than one person why is alaj obsessed with using them to refer to himself?
Re: Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural by Steep(m): 8:33am On Jul 21
AntiChristian:
As a Yoruba man I can literally say what means "we are the one" refering to myself only and still be grammatically correct in that language!

Many are just ignorant and arrogant!
See blabbing abeg! No coherence whatsoever.
Re: Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural by RealLordZeus(m): 8:39am On Jul 21
Steep:
Are you OK at all? According to the rules of English 'we' 'us' 'they' 'them' are using to refer to more than one person why is alaj obsessed with using them to refer to himself?
I usually don't reply uncouth and riff-raffs but its necessary to clarify that the language I mentioned in my original post is Arabic, which was the language the Quran was written with.

1 Like

Re: Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural by AntiChristian: 8:45am On Jul 21
Steep:

See blabbing abeg! No coherence whatsoever.

Blabbing?
grin

Babbling?

1 Like

Re: Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural by Expanse2020(m): 9:09am On Jul 21
Why are blabbering
You are talking about the rules in English.
But you nothing about majestic Plural..
Cover face with both hand abegii
Re: Allah Said He Is Only One But He Is Obsessed With Speaking As Plural by Steep(m): 7:08pm On Jul 21
RealLordZeus:
I usually don't reply uncouth and riff-raffs but its necessary to clarify that the language I mentioned in my original post is Arabic, which was the language the Quran was written with.
you are the one uncouth and a charlatan, you came to declare your ignorance without any meaningful answer.

incase you don't know 'we' is also plural in Arabic.

(1) (Reply)

[NEWS] Vatican Confirms 1st Coronavirus Case As Pope Francis Recovers / Odm / Free Study Recovery Bible Order For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.